1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete A Black Comedy by nonjon - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by nonjon, Mar 3, 2007.

1. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Title: A Black Comedy
    Author: nonjon
    Rating: Fiction Rated: M
    Genre: General
    DLP Category: General Fics (or arguably Humor/Parody)
    Pairing: None
    Chapters: 31
    Words: 246,320
    Updated: April 7, 2008
    Published: February 18, 2007

Summary: Two years after defeating Voldemort, Harry falls into an alternate dimension with his godfather. Together, they embark on a new life filled with drunken debauchery, thievery, and generally antagonizing all their old family, friends, and enemies.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3401052/1/

I figure there's at least enough to get an idea of where we're headed now. I just posted "CHAPTER THREE" a few minutes ago despite ff.net alerts seeming to be backlogged.

Checked by Minion, August 20, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
  2. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I like it. Not much happening, so far, but still fun to read.

4/5

3. HardcoreHobbit

HardcoreHobbit Second Year

I'm not usually a fan of travelling to Alt Dimension stories, but, since it's Nonjon, I expect I'll have a few laughs from this.

Review to follow.

This is quite an interesting one. Combines the ideas of Alt. Dimension Harry with Sirius not being dead. Much fun and larking about occurs, or will occur.

I'm quite happy as well that Harry doesn't turn into a pussy desperately seeking out his parents.

Overall, with the solid writing style, a few laughs and the hopefully well developed plot, it should be good.

At the moment, 4/5

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

First two chapters weren't that great but still good enough to read. The third chapter was good but the fourth takes the cake. I love how you snubbed the whole Remus and Tonks pairing. It amused me greatly. Ghost-Ginny that Harry seems to dislike was a nice touch, too. Probably the best chapter you've written in a long time.

Well done.

5. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I love it so much. I was literally choking on my dinner during Tonks-Lupin relationship episode. Ghost-Ginny was a big hit as well. I can't wait to see where you take this story.

4.5/5

6. rj_stone2

rj_stone2 Seventh Year

My favorite nonjon moment ever was the unveiling of a vehemently Francophobic Luna Lovegood... the Tonks-Lupin reveal was right up there, though. Good stuff.

7. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

Love Shield!

4.5/5

8. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

i already hate Ginny.

Good start!

How long before harry starts to research exorcism (sp?)

9. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

While the LOVE SHIELD! was amusing, Ginny is fast destroying my hopes for this fic. Tonks-Lupin was pretty funny, and I especially like the fact that the wizarding worlds lack of common sense was brought to the fore once again.

“I should have been a bit clearer in that fearing a made-up name is silly, but fearing an extremely powerful ruthless dark wizard is just common sense.”

My favorite quote though? "
    Do you not fear me?" "No!" "I kind of fear you."

10. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Oh good chapter! I started reading this fic almost as soon as it came out.

The dynamic relationship and conversations between the characters makes them real. Its good. Also I love the part where Sirius yells out the word for love in Latin. At least what he thinks the word for love is.:devil:

11. Mr. Merriman

Mr. Merriman Groundskeeper

The last chapter kicked ass. I have to agree that the Tonks-Lupin situation is fucking hilarious. And while I think Ginny is funny for now, it has enormous potential for becoming tired later on. I absolutely loved the mocking tip of the hat to several cliches floating around the fandom, especially about soul bonds and love shields.

I give it a 4/5 for now, since the first bits didn't really catch my attention.

12. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

Finally got round to reading this and as with most of your stuff it was ace, not your best work by far but it has potential and i am sure you will help fufill it. nice work and keep it up.

13. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

Well I got around to reading it, and I am impressed, you have done a great job so far Nonjon.

The biggest problem that I see, like others have pointed out is Ginny. Yes she was entertaining the first few scenes she was in, but I don't think that is going to last much longer unless you have some good reason for her to be around.

I enjoy the way you have gotten Harry's and Sirius' attitudes down, they really are quite entertaining keep up the good work.

14. ihateuall

ihateuall Looked into the void

No gang violence from emotionally turbulent young blacks?

This fails.

Just kidding. I kinda like it and I did get a few chuckles out of it, especially Ginny's love shield. Well worth my time. 8/10

15. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Not sure why FF.net decided to crap out on alerts yesterday. I know they were working in the afternoon. But anyways, this is a little bump to inform those curious that I put up a new chapter last night.

I get the feeling that some will appreciate hearing this is the second chapter in a row without a single mention or sighting of ghostly Ginny. She'll still be popping up on occasion as my few and limited plans for her character remain unaltered, but you can forget about her for now if it makes you happy.

16. darthdavid

darthdavid Second Year

You're my hero!

17. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

Strange, though Rorschach's Blot started months before you with his story "Thief", you have already tripled the amount of actual thievery (the chapter 10 scene released tonight FINALLY had then steal something; a painting, from a muggle home, with no alarms...).

Just thought you should know, you contain far more truth in advertising than your nearest competitor. We got Blacks, and Comedy in every chapter, who'd have thought?

18. Wergan

Wergan Third Year

Loved the new chapter, specially the part at Lupin's work about his promotion.

19. C. Sardothien

C. Sardothien Squib

Nonjon, you have yet to fail me.

4.25/5

20. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

And a bonus pat on the back for finding a new way to quiet Lady Black's portrait