1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP A Certain World of Darkness by SilverFang88 - M - A Certain Magical Index

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Dark Syaoran, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Title: A Certain World of Darkness
    Author: SilverFang88
    Rating: M
    Genre: General
    Fandom: A Certain Magical Index
    Pairings: Touma/Mugino
    Summary: Kamijou Touma has never been the luckiest person in the world; but due to that lack of good fortune he isn't ignorant to those in need. But a simple impulsive act results in him meeting someone who thrives in a darker world hidden beneath the surface. Now at the crossroads: will he trek into the unknown to save that girl or be devoured by the beasts that lurk within the darkness?

Link: FFN

One of the more decent Index fics around. Can be incredibly wordy though and you might need to stop and take a break before your brain dribbles out your ear. Otherwise, pretty good read with some interesting twists and turns.

This takes place before canon, so no Index, no memory loss. As of the most recent chapters:
    he has joined ITEM. The way he was forced into it didn't particularly sit well with me, since it felt like something Touma would fight against, but whatever.

Have fun.

2. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Bumped to gain attention.

I assume this is a rather small fandom, and we might not have any members reading it, but I'll give it another week (until February 15) before I move it.

3. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Unspeakable

Didn't know there was a thread for this, I'm a few chapters in but I had put it on the backburner. I'll try and finish it.

4. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

I'm interested in this. Don't expect a review right away though since it's already hitting nearly 300k words. It might take a while to finish this.

5. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Been following it for a while. In terms of non-comedy Index fics, probably the only decent one I've found after In Memorium. Nothing amazing though.

3.5/5 rounded up to 4. Good technical writing, interesting enough concept but I started losing interest later on in the story.

As Dark Syaoran said, the way he was forced into ITEM felt a bit forced and it kind of relegates his role into something which is basically identical to Hamazura Shiage - who if you recall, was also a Level 0 who managed to beat Mugino in canon.