1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Link A Change in Destiny by G.L.M. - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by X-Man, Jan 20, 2007.

1. X-Man

X-Man Second Year

Title: A Change in Destiny
    Author: G.L.M
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Drama
    DLP Category: Dark arts
    Pairing: Harry/Luna so far.
    Summary: Fourth Year. What if Harry's 'Golden Gryffindor' personality was fake, hiding a secret darkness, and the person he least suspected realized it? ...And that person told YouKnowWho? Dark!Harry.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3219081/1/

This is a pretty decent dark Harry story, starting during 4th year. Harry's also training in the dark arts helped by Crouch Jr. Not many cliches and good grammar and spelling. So I give it a solid 4/5.

Checked by Minion, August 12, 2013
    Dead link is dead. If you know where to find another copy of the story, please inform the library staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
  2. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

not a whole lot of problems with it, although so far there is little explination as to his sudden and extreme turn away from dumbledore. and continuously usiong the term "goody-goody" is kinda annoying. its not like that phrase doesn't have an abundance of synonyms. also, harry just sorta makes a CD player run on magic. reworks a highly complicated muggle electrical system to run off of an obscure power that no one, let alone the muggles who built the machine, knew about. seems a bit of a stretch that it would be "just a simple charm" which the author was actually too lazy to name or describe. 3/5. maybe it'll get better.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  3. invisdible

invisdible Second Year

Don't be too put off by the first few chapters, the author's writing (and plot) gets better as the story progresses - and the cd player is never mentioned again. I've been watching this one for a while... it's not spectacular, but it's still a good way to spend half an hour all the same.

3.75/5 or so.

4. Kari Black

Kari Black DA Member

It's not too bad. Something to read if you're bored and can't find anything better. 2.75-3/5

5. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

lol Low scores from you guys, eh? I really enjoyed this story, and I've seen quite a few shitty stories. Too bad it's not at the part where he joins LV yet. Really wanted to see that, actually. I tend to like stories where he turns into LV's right hand Death Eater.

In any case, I don't find very many Evil Harry fics, and when I "do" find one, they're either one shots or the author's simply stopped writing on it after like 15k of words. I hope he updates soon, its been a couple weeks since then.

Any of you guys know any really long chaptered stories where Potter's evil from the start?

Rich.

Edit: Forgot...I rate the story 4/5.

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I remember reading this a while ago. Pretty amateurish story, but interesting in its own way.

Biggest downside - Eviiil dark arts combined with canon-compliant author. It means Harry will either see the error of his ways before the end, or die as some sort of karmic justice for his corruption.

4/5

7. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

lol I certainly hope not, cuz I thought it was good. I hope he still turns evil an shit. Cannon Harry is just boring as hell, Rowling made Potter a damn pussy that's got no damn backbone at all and it just seemed like Rowling didn't care that Harry lived with abusive people, and not go to any higher ups or no plans to sack Snape (Who I honestly think should have his head on a pike). It's just gay that some authors make Harry a whiny little turd that follows people blindly with no independance what so ever.

8. Azrael's Little Helper

Azrael's Little Helper High Inquisitor

A long last...we have an update. A filler chapter that I think should have been woven into another longer chapter rather than a freestanding one as it really doesn't advance the story much. The upside of all this is that it seems that the author will be updating much more regularly now.

9. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Hmm...its finally updated. Just a filler chapter and he says the next is supposed to be posted in a couple days. Wish he updated sooner though...

10. Vegemeister

Vegemeister Seventh Year

Perhaps they make a dark ass-wiping spell as well? The shit forms a convenient hovering ball ready to be banished in whichever direction the dark wizard chooses.

11. [KS18]Raziel44

[KS18]Raziel44 Card Captored and buttsecksed

4,25/5 from me... the story was good to read but some parts were boring

12. I thought that this was an awesome story!

13. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

Dark ass-wiping spell = Hours of lulz.

14. Demonic Chair Stealer

Demonic Chair Stealer Second Year

I liked it in spite of Harry's characterization.

In this story he just hates everyone, and however entertaining it is to see the weasel and the mudblood taken down a peg or twelve he has no basis to hate everyone. He insults people left and right, people that he has never really had any contact with. The author needs to tune down the bashing slightly and focus more on the story itself.

But there are positives as well. The fact that he turned dark early on instead of waiting until after ootp is a major plus. Idea of him being trained by Crouch Jr is also interesting.

So in conclusion, good if you are bored, but not great.

2.5/5

15. Kinser

Kinser Fourth Year

It appears that this story is abandoned now. And that is a shame, although I wouldn't give it top marks, it isn't utter crap like I've seen around lately. The Characterization is flawed, I think that has been mentioned before. For example there is no progression from being the "Golden Trio" to being Jr. Dark Lord.

Over all I give it 3 of 5 for good but amateur-ish effort.

16. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Third Year

Why the hell did you necro this, Alex? While we may appreciate the notice that it is apparently abandoned, most of us figure such things out by the lack of FFN notices in our inboxes.

17. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

Actually, necroposting is accepted in the Library if you have something constructive to say. Story abandoned + an intelligent (if short) overall review = constructive.

Oh, and moving this to the Recycling Bin.