1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Very well.

Standard Vote: Vira

2. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Well, Palindrome, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disapointed. I am, however, a bit surprised.

You said it yourself: you still have a chance to win. Lynching Silens right now would give you a 50% chance of winning. Sure, you still have a 50% chance of losing the game if the angels pick the right person to defend, but hell, that's still better odds then if you just bow your head and follow Silens around like you're doing now.

Maybe it's me, but it seems that a 50% chance of losing is better then a 100% chance of losing. Maybe my math is wrong though.

Oh, just a note, I don't expect you to change your vote from that, but I'm honestly shocked you've made the choice you made.

One last thing before I'm done here: you guys seem to be forgetting that you need three to lynch. Vira may think differently then I do about this, but I for one am not planning on making it easy for you. Maybe I'm hopeful that there's still a way to win. Maybe I just don't want to let myself die like I did in Warlock Hunt. Maybe I'm just spiteful (Yep, that's the one :p)

So I'm not voting to lynch either myself or Vira. And if I vote to lynch Palindrome, Silens wins anyway.

Standard Vote: Silens Cursor

Good game, everyone.

3. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yeah, good game everyone. Anyways, I'm not voting for myself and to vote for Silens would mean if he does get lynched, Drome automatically wins.

No lynch today. Let's leave this up to fate. Everything will be decided tonight.

4. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Gotta run now.

Flavor text to come, formatting to come.

No Lynch today, it's now Night for the next 24 hours or until all Night Actions are in.

Don't post.

5. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

AND YOU THOUGHT DEAD WHORES SAID NO WORDS.

6. Lutris

-------------------------------------

Day 8

[​IMG]
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Ravens from King's Landing come bearing joyous news.

Nobody has died in the city for the longest period of time ever recorded, especially in these dark and bloody times.

But is this a permanent peace, or only the calm before the storm?

---------------------------------------

Vesvius was targeted last Night, but somehow did not die!

Active Player List:

1. Vira [R]
    2. Vesvius [R]
    3. Palindrome [R]
    4. Silens (2)

Children of the Forest (graveyard):

1. Sesc
    2. Krogan
    3. Taure
    4. Ashaya
    5. Fiat
    6. Necrule
    7. Zeitgeist
    8. Klackerz
    9. Aekiel
    10. KaiDASH
    11. MattSilver
    12. Kensington
    13. Nemrut
    14. Dhulli
    15. Lungs
    16. Moridin
    17. Custer
    18. Riley
    19. Aziraphale
    20. Kang
    21. jwlk

Reserve Player List:

1. Jeram
    2. CrackedMind
    3. Yeagen

--------------------------------------

Day for 48 hours or until a Lynch is decided.

7. Vesvius

And here we are again.

First, I'd like to thank the angels for the save. Thanks guys!

And to me, nothing has changed. I'd actually like to win this game, so I'm going to vote for Silens again. Vira, if you could do the same, that'd be just awesome.

Palindrome, I'd really like you to reconsider. If we lynch to vote Silens, you still have a 50% chance of winning. If you don't, he's winning.

Watch me be converted and conscripted to kill myself now.

8. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Well, Vesvius, despite how much I'd love to use Azor Ahai Reborn again, Lutris has ruled that it can only be used once - else, everything is a little broken.

But here's the funny thing: I can't hold all the cards in this, and believe me, I tried. I worked to make sure that everything fell in my favour...

And it didn't.

I tried converting Palindrome two nights ago, and it didn't work. And that means one thing: she's not the Lady of Winterfell. She's the King of the North, the only Winterfell role immune to conversion - and thus I have no power over her, and I never have, other than the hard bargain we both made. Furthermore, it ultimately meant that the truce fell in her favour, that if it fell to 1v1, I would ultimately lose due to liege priority.

I knew this coming into last night. I could have double-crossed her and won the game. I could have made that choice and ultimately seized victory. But I didn't, and you know why? Because I honour my bargains, and that means something at least.

But Palindrome, I've seen through your trick. If you choose to renege on your bargain and lynch me, you might win, if you're lucky - but know that your victory is possible only because I made it possible, and that my good nature may not hold for another night. You thought to trick me and gain control... but I see all.

9. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Alright. Drome, it'd be nice if you could join us, but either way:

Standard Vote: Silens Cursor.

10. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

11. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

None of this is news to me, Silens!

Eh, I'm not too fond of evil monologues like Silens... but I've been fully aware of where the situation lies - and thankfully it all turned out well for me in the end. Damn if it wasn't a lot of work, though.

Yes, I am The King in the North. Winterfell did actually work very hard for the town throughout the game - when we lost Aekiel it was mostly a result of Kai's actions. So we killed off his team in retaliation. I can't be certain, but the ones we killed upon suspicion of being Dragonstone were Klackerz and Kensington. You, Silens, would have been next on the chopping block after Nemrut, who as it turned out wasn't scum.

If Klackerz was Dragonstone, then jwlk's reasoning for suspecting me is incredibly amusing. But I digress.

Thank you for upholding the truce - certainly, had you killed me last night, you would have won. But don't forget that the same goes for me - or would have, despite the lowered chance of my success. Had we not ever had a truce, both of us would have killed the other and our chance of survival would be precisely naught. The truce was necessary for both of us, not just me. Luckily we both have our honor.

And I say I may have had a chance at winning had I killed you - sadly I suspect that's not true at all. You most likely did not attempt to kill anyone last night, Silens, so that you could rack up conversions. Which is sad, but I can see why you would have done so.

While I detest the huge likelihood that I will fail, after all the time spent trying to win, after the post upon post of plans and stressing over the outcome, this is still the best possible situation I could have made this into. All it will come to now is luck, sadly.

So I'll say thank you, Silens. You kept your word - and your victory was close. And I'll say good luck, town - you've played well.

12. Lutris

Night 8

[​IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------

Tidings from King's Landing bring news of Lord Silens' death at the hands of an angry mob as he was riding on a great stallion, Lightbringer at his side.

The Red God R'hllor was not enough to stave off the hunger and desperation of a starving mob. The plague from weeks past has ravaged the peasants in the city, and as food stores dwindled, so did the anger of the people grow.

Can a single flame in the dark keep an unabating hunger at bay? Nay, and the Red God has done naught to bring bread to the tables of the poor.

He was dragged down from his horse, and trampled to death by beggars, thieves, and whores.

Silens was Lynched!

Active Player List:

1. Vira [R]
    2. Vesvius [R]
    3. Palindrome [R]

Children of the Forest (graveyard):

1. Sesc
    2. Krogan
    3. Taure
    4. Ashaya
    5. Fiat
    6. Necrule
    7. Zeitgeist
    8. Klackerz
    9. Aekiel
    10. KaiDASH
    11. MattSilver
    12. Kensington
    13. Nemrut
    14. Dhulli
    15. Lungs
    16. Moridin
    17. Custer
    18. Riley
    19. Aziraphale
    20. Kang
    21. jwlk
    22. Silens

Reserve Player List:

1. Jeram
    2. CrackedMind
    3. Yeagen

It is now Night for 24 hours or until all Night Actions are in.

13. Vesvius

/Filler Post

Am I alive? Does the town win?

We'll know more... after these messages.

14. Lutris

Day 9

[​IMG]

Vira
    has died during the Night!

Surviving Players
    :

1. Vesvius
    2. Palindrome

As such, victory goes to...

15. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

WINTER HAS COME AND SO HAS FILLERPOSTS.

16. Vesvius

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

17. Lutris

The Winner:

[​IMG]

---------------------------------------------

The conflict, it seems, is now over. Lord Stark of Winterfell has risen victorious out of this great war, not only the master of the North, but Lord Protector of the Seven Kingdoms. King's Landing, though in shambles, looks forward to rebuilding under the direction of a young and powerful King.

Lord Stark, or rather Lady Palindrome of House Stark as is her true name, confessed her gender upon her coronation as the true and uncontested King in the North and King of the Seven Kingdoms. Despite the protests of some Southern lords, her valor in battle and her strength as a ruler have endeared her to many of the men. The entire realm is afire with talk of the young woman who led the forces of Winterfell to victory, heralding her as the second coming of Nymeria the Warrior.

Jon sits here beside me, standing in for Samwell while he is away attending to some other errands. "Lord Snow", as he was once mocked, is now a true Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. The news of his sister's triumph has put a smile on his face and a spring in his step.

Perhaps it is best that a Stark is on the throne. The wildlings have launched another attack against the Wall, and it is not anger that Jon sees in their eyes. It is desperation. The White Walkers are upon them, taking their men and sending their dead against them, and it is only doom that they see Beyond The Wall.

A Stark always knows. A Stark always prepares. A Stark always warns...

Winter is Coming...

------------------------------------------

Great game, everyone.

I'll be posting the roll list and a review of the way the game went later today, as well as a few Awards and Mentions for good plays and well-written (READ: amusing) QuickTopics most likely within 18 hours BUT DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT. They WILL come, however.

Keep your eyes open for A Hunt of Thrones II: A Storm of Steel and Ice, which is the direct sequel to HoT set at The Wall, currently in development.

Thanks for playing A Hunt of Thrones!

---------------------------------------------

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  18. Vesvius

Well, I gave it my best shot.

Considering I thought I was going to die about five times in the game, I'm shocked I lasted till the end.

Good game everyone!

PS: I'm fucking Sansa, and I lasted all the way till the end. WTH?!

19. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

:mad:
    Damn.

---------- Post automerged at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Good game though :D

20. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Zeit, remember who said that we should protect Vira tonight?