1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot A Meeting Between Heaven and Earth by BukkakeNoJutsu - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Knyght, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Title: A Meeting Between Heaven and Earth
    Author: BukkakeNoJutsu
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/Supernatural
    Length: 7,071
    Summary: Pein's brutal razing of Konoha tests Naruto's mettle in ways he never expected or wanted. As a jinchuuriki, genin, summoner, sage, and aspiring Hokage, this is what is means to be Uzumaki Naruto with his village on the brink of annihilation.
    Link: FF.net

Now here's an ageless classic of the Naruto fandom.

This short story reinvents one of the series' greatest arcs and takes it down a path that the original creator wasn't willing to tread, showing us how Pain's Assault could have ended if Naruto wasn't willing to adopt his master's dream of peace and Nagato couldn't bring back the lives he took. Given how controversial that arc's conclusion was, followed by Naruto's questionable actions immediately regarding Sasuke, this version of events can be seen as very cathartic version of events.

Naruto still earns the recognition and respect of Konoha as its savior but does so instead by thoroughly destroying Pain and doing everything in his considerable power to save everyone he could from the ruins. And as a consequence, we see him become more like what you would expect from a man who aspires to become the Hokage.

But at the same time it doesn't forget the kind of character that he's always been, which is especially apparent when we learn about why Naruto has such talent for senjutsu (unlike many of his other skills) that even Jiraiya pales in comparison. Then he gets to demonstrate that talent in a very memorable curbstomp right at the end.

Honestly, I would be delighted if there more one-shots like this in the world.

5/5

2. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

One of My favorites, would read again.

*wanders of to read again*

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Is this the one where Konoha-chan appears at the end with like green hair and shit?

4. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Yeah, dude jacked that from Jim Butcher's Codex Alera. Manifestation of the nation as a hot woman.

5. CleanRag

CleanRag Professor

For a one shot it took way too long to get going, and was almost entirely telling and not showing. Absolutely nothing happens through the entire story, just a list of actions and changes derived from them. 2/5.

6. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Not sure I like the takes on Danzo and Tsunade, took me a bit out, tbh. Like this part

Her gasping just feels wildly OOC to me. Also, maybe that's just me but 442 doesn't seem that much for the fact that Pain obliterated a village that was more of a small city than anything. Doesn't really matter, I guess, but shouldn't the death toll be way higher than not even 500?

Konoha as a teen girl who was flashing Naruto and which then nearly led to a nosebleed was just...dumb. Same with the making out part.

That said, the take on senjutsu was fantastic and the concept is neat.

I dunno, I quite like the idea of the story, the premise that there was no Pain revival and that Konoha had to live with the consequences of said attack, I think that could make for a fantastic story. Heck, you could make this a quest, to have either Naruto or Tsunade as the player character after the Pain invasion, to lead Konoha while the vultures are circling and having to deal with the rest or whatever. So yeah, while I like the idea, the execution left a lot to be desired. Naruto himself was well handled for the most part but the rest was rather meh. It didn't properly manage to convey any emotions and it felt disappointing more than anything.

2.5/5

7. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    The take on Senjutsu was great, but the rest of the fic fails to stand. Too many dumb things happening and too many people reduced to caricatures.
    2/5