1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP A Sea of Stars by Noatun - T - The Slayers / One Piece

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Crimson Bolt, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Crimson Bolt

Crimson Bolt Squib

Title: A Sea of Stars
    Author: Noatun
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Fandoms: The Slayers / One Piece
    Summary: Lina Inverse just can't catch a break! A few months after the defeat and banishment of Dark Star, just when she thought she was in luck, a mishap at the Temple of Chronos leaves the Slayers stranded in East Blue. The group is joined by Luke and Milina as they pursue their goals and dreams in this new world.
    Link: Here

This is both the best Slayers fan fiction and the best One-Piece fan fiction I have come across. Most fanfics of either of these series, much less both of them combined, turn into horrible bouts of idiocy in attempts at forcing humor and failing miserably. I'm very pleased to say that has not happened here.

Pretty good job with pacing overall. There are not too many useless or fluff scenes.

Characterization of characters from both series is done very well. The focus is on the Slayers' cast not the One Piece cast.

This does not directly follow the story of either series. So, no need to worry that it simply repeats the original or is a pointless read.

The fight scenes are done quite well and make sense despite the difference of abilities of the characters from each world. There are only a few stories I can think of that portray fights better.

This story is definitely worth a read for those that are fans of either series.

For those that do not like incomplete stories, one can simply read through chapter 7 which is a good place to end if one is so inclined.

5/5