1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Philly Homer, May 3, 2009.

1. Dekazon

Dekazon Squib

High Score:
    What a terrible episode. I can't believe shit like this was actually greenlighted. Goes to show the difference between one of the most acclaimed writers of our generations and two B-rate directors and co who can't apparently can't handle criticism.

This show is narratively bankrupt now. If IMDB could let me rate individual seasons, 1-3 would be 10s while this one is a 4, 5 if I'm generous. It's always been amazing baffling at the choices D&D make over all these years. Cutting out pivotal characters, scenes like Tysha so that they could make St.Tyrion a gary stu, and whiplash inducing narrative and line (Your Sister instead of Cat) changes. You are what you make and this shows D&D are just mediocrity squared who won the directoral jackpot by being picked to adapt one of the best fantasies of the era.

The show is just going through the motions now. That's all its doing. We may not get ADOS but its clear the show isn't going to be the replacement we wished it was.

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    New theory.

The Night King melts the wall using the mountain of salt in your post.

3. Dekazon

Dekazon Squib

High Score:
    It's a shame I wasn't born in the Middle Ages then, I'd be a merchant prince w/ the salt I can produce about GoT.

4. syed

syed Supermod

The first guy that was brought back by the fire priestess, is able to set his sword on fire, will Jon learn that trick? I am thinking is that Jon will prove his Tarygean heritage by being unburned by fire.

Will the wall suffer a partial collapse or complete collapse when breached? While terrible in the short term, it would allow the north to eventually expand. Lands while not ideal, could eventually be exploited for the kingdom.

Ever since I heard of the huge collection of wild fire, I believe the capital will be consumed by fire. Will it be by dragon or green napalm? I totally see cercei doing this, as the city burns the little brother chokes her to death.

5. Seratin

High Score:
    There's a popular theory that says Cersei will try to burn Dany and Jon next episode and that Jon will be unburned. Problem is, GRRM stated that Dany being unburned is a one time thing in the books.

Also, not every Targaryen is immune to fire. Also, Jon burned the fuck out of his hand while fighting the Wight in Castle Black.

Cersei is about to have two armies and two dragons parked on her doorstep. Not even she is stupid enough to try anything at the summit. My prediction is she waits for them all to go North with the intention of fucking them over and fighting whatever's left with the Golden Company at her back.

6. Dekazon

Dekazon Squib

High Score:
    I doubt she or the show cares enough for a scheme like that. GoT is an action flick now.
    She's 90% going to lay another trap ala the Sept of Baelor since it already worked for her once and everyone else is too stupid to remember what she did to the Tyrells/Sparrows. There's probably a plot reason why Tyrion is having critical amnesia syndrome and forgetting to tell anyone about the wildfire caches under the city and that's likely so Cersei can 'surprise' the group with another wildfire ambush.

7. Seratin

High Score:
    Except that Dany knows about the wildfire. Olenna was part of her council, remember?

Cersei isn't going to do shit. She'll feign a truce or some shit, then send Euron to fuck things up for everyone else.

8. Dekazon

Dekazon Squib

High Score:
    Which scene is that where Olenna told Dany about wildfire? I may have missed that line.

This is the same Cersei that blew up the Highgarden, Sparrow and Lannister leadership when the Tyrell army was sitting right in King's Landing. Realistically, she would have been overthrown by the Tyrells, Kingslander fanatic peasantry, and possibly some small elements of royalist/Kevan loyalist Lannister forces who oppose a female on the throne which is likely why the Sept scene is confirmed to not happen in the books.

She doesn't have a single bone of tact left in her body.

9. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

If I'm Cersei I agree to an alliance, but pull out at the last minute. Let her enemies take the brunt of the damage and once the war with the White Walkers is over mop up the worn out survivors.

10. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

The Tyrell army didn't have Dragons. Cersei knows if she so much as lays a finger on Dany, her Dragons will burn the city (and her) to the ground.

11. Seratin

High Score:
    Saw-this-and-had-to-share.jpg

12. syed

syed Supermod

Seratin that quote you posted at the end is epic, that has for confirmed that we will see such a union. Was that just in the show or is it a book one as well?

13. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yeah, it would be easy enough to drag her feet about actually helping while playing for time and letting the others do all the hard work. "Gee, I'd love to send troops to help you, but someone sacked Casterly Rock and burned my entire army to a crisp..."

14. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

This is actually where the real CerceixJon relationship begins. Can the frosty northerner thaw the heart of the iron maiden?

15. kwrobes

kwrobes Squib

I completely agree. Although I still enjoyed most of Season 4. Right now, the current season feels like an overly eager fanfiction, every character is meeting everyone else. The plot seems incredibly blunt and I'm a little upset by how fast everyone seems to be travelling. In season 1, it took like 4 episodes to travel from Winterfell to King's Landing. Now, they move like thrice the distance in a single scene change. I'm just finding it a bit difficult to suspend some disbelief. I'm also finding it difficult to believe Bran's message hasn't reached Jon yet via messenger raven or something, especially considering my previous points on travel.

16. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Looking at the trailer for the last episode, it looks like the meeting between the three kingdoms will take place at Harrenhal (ruined castle of some rot). [/spoiler

17. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It would make a lot more sense to meet in a neutral-ish location than in the center of Cersei's power.

18. Seratin

High Score:
    The meeting is in the Dragonpit of Kings Landing.

19. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, Seratin dispelled the uncertainty on that point, but even without that information, Harrenhal didn't even cross my mind. That place is supposed to have been burned by dragonfire and they went to the trouble of having it be all black(-ish) in season 2 when Arya was there. The location in the trailer looked like your typical time-worn ruins.

20. syed

syed Supermod

There are three huge constructs in the capital, the destroyed sept, the dragon pit and the red keep. The sept is gone, and we are all guessing that the dragon pit will end up in flames, so I am betting for the final the red keep will be similar wrecked.