1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Across Dimensions: Parting Reality's Veil by Taliath - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Kardikek, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Awesome. Can't wait. :)

2. Mage Ronin

Mage Ronin Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Just because he's ovely cautious doesn't mean that he's above making assumptions and being slightly arrogant. If this Danzou is similar to cano!Danzou then it can be logically deducted that Danzou could control Naruto. If he can is a whole different matter.

Basically Danzou's just being confident about his abilities. I don't see what's wrong with that.

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Danzou has the Sharingan. Sharingan can control Kyuubi. Therefore, Danzou can control the Kyuubi. Simple.

4. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

What?

Canon Danzou is doing almost literally everything in his power to avoid stepping on Naruto's toes and overall avoiding him. That's not how someone who has even a glimmer of hope of "controlling" someone would act.

Right...

That's why the Kyuubi was defeated by Uchiha clan member #233 and not the Fourth Hokage.

Also, Naruto is not the Kyuubi.

Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived in For Review:
    http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=319646#post319646

Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived in Work By Author:
    [FONT=&quot]http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=319648#post319648[/FONT]

It would be a little easier for me to remember if this was a consistent rule for any story on this entire site that isn't this one.

Thanks for calling me stupid, regardless.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  5. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Haha, I r cracking up. DLP doesn't follow any consistant rule, it's more of a guideline, the older members can get away with doing more, but even they have their limits before someone calls "bullshit".

Just as long as you aren't this guy :banana: you'll eventually be forgiven.

6. Aekiel

High Score:
    Sasuke did it, without the Mangekyou Sharingan.

Then again, that's more likely than not a weakness inherent only in Jinchuuriki, since they're more open to hypnotism than the beasts themselves (or so I assume). We haven't seen Kyuubi!Naruto go up against a fully fledged Mangekyou Sharingan yet so we don't know if it would affect him or not, or to any degree in between.

Put simply, the Mangekyou Sharingan is needed to control the Kyuubi in its released state, the normal Sharingan is enough to subdue it in a Jinchuuriki. Also, it's somewhat likely that after Naruto achieves 4-tail state and gives himself over to the Kyuubi for that little while, the Mangekyou Sharingan would be needed to do anything (though that opens up a whole new can of worms when he faces off against Madara/Sasuke).

7. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

There's your answer.

8. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

No problem; I'll make a habit out of it if you want.

And that Kyuubi vs Sharingan shit is just another inconsistency; I'm sure we're all used to that. And as much as I hate to add to the Sasuke hate, Chime is right. The only reason Sasuke > Kyuubi, is because he is Sasuke. My personal hope is that Kishi's just doing that so he can nerf Sasuke later so that their final confrontation is back to a 'proper' ninja fight; not who has the bigger chakra monster.

EDIT: I can't spellllllllllllllllllllll!

9. Aekiel

High Score:
    Yep, but if we're going to argue canon we have to use it, no matter how flawed it may be.

10. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

You all seem to completely ignore the fact that Naruto himself was suppressing the Kyuubi at that point. Frankly, we have no way to know just how effective Sasuke would have been against, say, KN8.

11. Aekiel

High Score:
    I did point out that it was more than likely Naruto who was affected by a hypnotism jutsu than the Kyuubi, and that the Mangekyou Sharingan would likely be needed to control him once he'd went past the 4-tailed state. We're just going to have to wait to see if the Mangekyou can control a sealed Kyuubi, but my bets are on it being able to. We've seen Naruto battling against people with the Kyuubi but if Kishimoto is going to keep to his hard work + determination = wins the day moral then he'd have had to introduce something to take away Naruto's innate advantage, just to prove the point, and what better way than giving his 'fated enemy' the ability to counter/control it?

12. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

You must have missed the part where Minato tells Naruto explicitly that he's to use the Kyuubi's power to defeat Madara.

Mulligan?

13. Ceebee

Ceebee High Inquisitor

Forgive me, but what exactly did Sasuke DO to Naruto when he went into his mindscape or whatever and saw the Kyuubi. Did to snap Naruto out of a tailed mode? Didn't all he do is swipe at a manifestation of the Kyuubi to make it dissipate?

Didn't Madara just have a good eye to eye with Naruto? Someone who we know has controlled the Kyuubi in the past, and he did what exactly? If it was as easy as giving Naruto an eyeful of Sharingan to control the Kyuubi, Madara would have done whatever he needed to do.

The MOST I think Sasuke could do, if he can do anything, would be to tell the Kyuubi to stop giving Naruto chakra when he's in a tailed mode. Which is pretty much a moot point since Naruto tends to resist using it's chakra now in favour for using Sage mode.

Even if a Uchiha has full control of the Kyuubi, does that mean they can tell it what to do when he's in a tailed mode? Maybe, maybe not. I personally doubt it.

On topic: Decent chapter, though my irrational hate of Anko does sort of nullify it a bit.

14. Mage Ronin

Mage Ronin Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

15. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

As if noone reviews on the new chapter. You people have no shame. :(

Anyway; I for one, am happy that the plots finally moved on from the tedious but necessary preparations in the past chapters. Again not much happened, but since Naruto's out of Konoha next chapter it finally allows for some interesting things to happen; such as character interactions between Naruto's own generation rather then him needing to constantly prove himself to his elders.Even so, chances are that scenes of badassery like Naruto vs Kabuto fight won't happen next chapter; but we're getting closer.

In the end; solid writing as usual, but chapters a bit short; and the lack of any real significant events happening in the past few chapters makes it feel like filler (no matter that those interactions were necessary).

16. Dareycow

Dareycow Fifth Year

Nice chapter, I think the thing I like most was you stating before the chapter even begun that you will kill the OC.

17. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

Am I alone then in enjoying the buildup? Anticipation is usually better than then main event for me, and trying to guess where the plot will go is probably the funnest part of all.

For the record, Danzo has a plan, whether or not it works is anyone's guess (probably including liath ^.^) and we don't know for certain that he'll ever have a need to attempt it. So he has a Sharingan eye too, whoop de do. It's still just a tool to a good shinobe, and I'd guess that he's not really using it much as its his 'trump' so to speak.

My thoughts on the direction the plot is going:
    I am slighting suspicious at Saratobi's non-reaction to Naruto's slip up on who told him about the fire court.

I somewhat Suspect that the two Naruto's switched places all together and neither went to the death god (Since Kyuubi is still Kyuubi after all.)

I'm reasonably certain that Jirayia and Saratobi are both trying to force naruto into the hokage position

I'm fairly sure Jirayia was forced to tell Saratobi enough about Naruto's origins for him to be suspicious of their story

I suspect Saratobi has figured out that this isn't the naruto he's known for so long but Isn't sure how the change came about nor why

I have a vague feeling that Orochimaru and the 'shiki fuuin' will play a large part in how this story ends.

18. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

*shinobi

*Sarutobi

*Jiraiya

... jesus man. 2 pretty important secondary characters and you can't spell their names correctly?

19. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

...Penis.

Sorry. It seemed appropriate at the time.

20. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Third Year

I'm with you on the Sarutobi not being completely idiotic in that he really doesn't believe that Jiraiya would work with Naruto like they've been saying he's doing. He knows his students better than that.

Sarutobi is definitely pushing Naruto to become Hokage after he's ready to go (which he probably is right now, but he knows Naruto doesn't have enough experience). This might come into the plans that Danzou has since Naruto is only 13 and might seem like he'd be easily controlled (Puppet Hokage).

Though the biggest part of this story would be what Naruto plans to do with his influence and the very real possibility of becoming Hokage when he's eventually either going to die or force himself to go back to his home dimension. At this point the best thing that might happen is for him to be unable to go back but that the Naruto that he took over as his replacement in his home dimension.