1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Across Dimensions: Parting Reality's Veil by Taliath - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Kardikek, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

"-.-

Cut me a little slack, I started writing using the fansub spellings, still do use most of them, and let me tell you I was PISSED when I found out the fourth was 'Minato' instead of 'Arashi".

but that's beside the point... the point is that I update my spellings when I can, but I tend to revert when I'm not paying attention.

Edit: And I contest your correction of 'Shinobe'

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Shinobi, aka ninja.

3. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Every single time I see this updated I have to remind myself that taliath is male. Also, awesome update.

5. Torak

Torak Death Eater

Holy shit this was updated.

6. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I am so confused right now.

7. Ins

Ins Squib

wow, an update, and a good one. Is there another chapter on the way?

8. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

... are we all talking about the same update? The update that had nothing to do with the actual story with Naruto talking to Itachi? Or is there something else that I'm missing?

9. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

It's a potential future snippet, Taliath said so in the A.N.

Good to see you alive, Taliath. I've been keeping tabs on TFF and here, and TFF was what alerted me to your renewed presence.

Reading it over a second time here brought a detail to my attention. Naruto tells Itachi that Itachi's no match for either Sakura or Sasuke (presumably) alone, though he doubts his own ability to defeat Itachi. Are we meant to take this - and this would have interesting implications - as Sakura and Sasuke each eventually overtaking Naruto in terms of strength?

(I'll repost this question on TFF since you'd probably more directly see it there.)

10. digitalstorm

digitalstorm Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Where did you get the impression that Naruto was talking about Sakura and Sasuke?

11. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Well, Naruto made no mention of Tsunade or Jiraiya's presence, so since he singled out Sakura and Sasuke in the streets before mentioning "both Sannin" were close by, I took that to mean that Sakura and Sasuke had taken on two of the roles of Sannin. Although in retrospect that doesn't make much sense since that would imply if Tsunade trained Sakura, Jiraiya would've trained Sasuke, which he has no reason to do. Actually, given Jiraiya's relation with Naruto in this story, that's quite unlikely; plus, given what we know of increases in strength from previous chapters, Taliath wouldn't make Sakura or Sasuke into S-rank nin over a mere few years.

I forgot what this story was for a moment.

Still, I think that's one part of the snippet that should be revised for potential confusion.

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  12. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Yeah I dont think the title of Sannin can be passed on. They were given that title by Hanzo. They are the Sannin. Not the current Sannin. So I dont really see the point in that being changed.

13. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Ya,no need to change it.As this is just a snippet,there will be some mention of Jiraiya and Tsunade when the actual chapter comes out.

Anyway,pretty nice update.

14. TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider Muggle

Adrien Skywalker's version from "Hokage":

"He was alive inside my mind. A strong, caring Hokage. The best father a kid could have. A genuine protector of Konoha."

Tsunade's eyes focused. "And do you have any proof of this?"

Naruto raised an eyebrow.

"Look, Naruto, I want to trust you, I really do, But, are you sure it's not the Kyuubi messing with your mind? Are you absolutely certain you are not hallucinating everything? "

The blond boy cocked his head at the Sannin, carefully considering what the woman had to say, before a slow grin split his face. "Three. I can prove myself to you in three ways."

"Oh? Let's have at it, then."

Naruto stood up and carefully moved back so that he could have more room. He held up his palm. "Rasengan." Concentrated chakra spun, forming a blue spiraling sphere.

Jiraiya exhaled sharply. "That's—"

"Oodama Rasengan." Another blue sphere formed in Naruto's other hand, and he carefully merged the two, creating an enormous orb of deadly chakra, before Jiraiya could react.

Jiraiya's eyes were wide opened in shock.

"You might want to step back a little, Ero-sennin." Naruto took a deep breath, before attempting another step. "Fuuton: Rasengan."

Jiraiya pushed away from the table and took several steps back as harsh winds blew around the apartment.

Slowly, the blond Hokage slowed down the spinning until the spiraling storm in his hands eased away. "Any higher level variations would tear this apartment apart," called Naruto loudly. Indeed, the Rasenshuriken would have literally destroyed the interior of this office. "That's my first proof. After all, if my father died over sixteen years ago, no one but you and his students would know this technique. Only you and Kakashi know this, and Kakashi does not even know that I know that he knows this technique, and you just taught me the basic version, and if you didn't teach me elemental manipulation, then who could?"

Jiraiya had a look of confusion on his face. A mix of surprise, elation, shock—and sadness?—flashed through his facial expressions.

"Second, he continued," as he looked at Tsunade, "is a piece of information that you never shared with anyone. It pertains to the first jinchuuriki of the Kyuubi, your grandmother, Uzumaki Mito."

The atmosphere in the room turned electric, as Tsunade jumped to her feet, shocked to her core.

"How the hell do you even know about her?" Tsunade all but screeched, as Naruto flashed a wan grin. "Mom, she told me all about how she was brought here to be her replacement, only thing was that she never suspected that her own son would be her replacement in the future," he finished sadly, while Tsunade sat down staring at him in astonishment.

Jiraiya looked at him carefully. "So, you have the rasengan mastered—even added chakra elements, which Minato hadn't managed to do before his death. You have the true knowledge of what happened to your mother and about her ancestry. What's your third proof?"

Naruto grinned, his eyes darting to the floor where a hidden seal was located just behind the large man. Perfect. He quickly formed four hand seals—

—the Toad Sannin's eyes widened as he recognized the combination, gasping out, "Impossible—!"

—even as the blond boy calmly muttered, "Hiraishin no Jutsu!"

There was a flash of yellow.

Jiraiya's eyes widened in shock. His body froze. His thoughts jammed to a stop. His mouth dropped open, while Tsunade literally dropped out of the chair on her butt in an undignified heap.

Cold metal touched his bare neck as Naruto held a kunai to his throat. "My father's ultimate technique. My third and final proof. Are you convinced yet, Ero-sennin, Tsunade-baachan?"

Taliath's version from Across Dimensions:

He's alive in my world. A strong, caring Hokage. The best father a kid could have. A genuine protector of Konoha."

The Toad Sage's eyes focused. "And do you have any proof of this?"

Naruto raised an eyebrow.

"Look, kid, I know you are the real Naruto—your enormous chakra capacity says it all. I know you are highly trained, able to convince Gamabunta to let you sign the summoning contract, and I know you genuinely believe you're from another world. But, are you sure it's not the Kyuubi messing with your mind? Are you absolutely certain your memories haven't been tampered with?"

The blond boy cocked his head at the Sannin, carefully considering what the man had to say, before a slow grin split his face. "Three. I can prove myself to you in three ways."

"Oh? Let's have at it, then."

Naruto stood up and carefully moved back so that he could have more room. He held up his palm. "Rasengan." Concentrated chakra spun, forming a blue spiraling sphere.

Jiraiya exhaled sharply. "That's—"

"Oodama Rasengan." Another blue sphere formed in Naruto's other hand, and he carefully merged the two, creating an enormous orb of deadly chakra.

Jiraiya's eyes were wide opened in shock.

"You might want to step back a little, ero-sennin." Naruto took a deep breath, before attempting another step. "Fuuton: Rasengan."

Jiraiya pushed away from the table and took several steps back as harsh winds blew around the apartment.

Slowly, the blond jounin slowed down the spinning until the spiraling storm in his hands eased away. "Any higher level variations would tear this apartment apart," called Naruto loudly. Indeed, the Rasenshuriken would have literally destroyed the interior of his home. "That's my first proof. After all, if in this world my father died over twelve years ago, no one but you and his students would know this technique."

Jiraiya had a look of confusion on his face. A mix of surprise, elation, shock—and sadness?—flashed through his facial expressions.

Naruto reached up to his neck and carefully pulled off his crystal amulet necklace—given to Tsunade by the First Hokage, and later passed down to him—his only real protection against the Demon Fox in his belly—and held it out to the white-haired Toad Hermit. "I think you'll recognize this. My second proof: the crystal amulet of the Shodai Hokage. Tsunade-obaachan gave it to me when I was nine to subdue the destructive nature of the demon chakra."

The Toad Sannin reached out and took the crystal from him, gazing down at the artifact with wonder. Blue chakra lit his finger tips as he carefully activated the crystal—and felt its familiar resonation. "This really is the Shodai Hokage's necklace."

"It is. I'm pretty sure obaa-chan has one just like it in this world—identical in every way."

Jiraiya handed back the crystal. "So, you have the rasengan mastered—even added chakra elements, which Minato hadn't managed to do before his death in this world. You have Tsunade's necklace. What's your third proof?"

Naruto grinned, his eyes darting to the floor where a hidden seal was located just behind the large man. Perfect. He quickly formed four hand seals—

—the Toad Sannin's eyes widened as he recognized the combination, gasping out, "Impossible—!"

—and the blond boy calmly muttered, "Hiraishin no Jutsu!"

There was a flash of yellow.

Jiraiya's eyes widened in shock. His body froze. His thoughts jammed to a stop. His mouth dropped open.

Cold metal touched his bare neck as Naruto held a kunai to his throat. "My father's ultimate technique. My third and final proof. Are you convinced yet, ero-sennin?"

Eerily similar, no?

15. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Reported Adrien Skywalker. The guy's been writing shit nonstop for years, his only chance at not writing shit was by plagiarizing someone with talent.

16. Inert

Inert Headmaster

^Truth. I also reported him, though I had the misfortune of having to read the entire fic before finding this scene. Dude can't write worth shit and has a taste for ridiculously overpowered Narutos. I was planning to leave him a pretty scathing review to begin with, but this just topped it off.