1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Adaptation - T - Teen Titans

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Blaise, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Title: Adaptation
    Author: Cyberwraith9
    Rating: T
    Genre: [Genre]
    DLP Category: Action/Adventure
    Pairing: Multiple
    Summary: Life is change. Do you have what it takes to change with it?
    Link: Come get some

...​

Pretty cool story. Mostly solid writing, with frequent flashes of engaging description. Great way to pass the time. Set in the tv-verse.

4/5

2. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

I consider this and the sequel the best TT fanfic out there. There's angstyness afoot but that was far outweighed by the positive points like cool villain characterizations and good action scenes.

5/5

3. Blank402

Blank402 Second Year

This fic and it's prequel, Avatar, are some of the best fanfiction I've ever read. Hopefully there'll be a sequel.

5/5

4. Garden

Garden Supreme Mugwump

Awesome story. Everyone is characterized well, amazing battle scenes, and there's a gritty tone to the whole thing. There's a bit of angst but it's very understandable within the story. The ending pissed me off and it's the only ending in all of fanfiction that has ever really hit me. I felt for the characters.The story should be Action/Adventure/Horror, what with some of the scenes in the second one.
    The only fault I find is that ending of "Adaptation" is pointless. The ending doesn't make any sense to me. That said, this story kicks major ass.

5. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

When I read it I thought the ending to Adaption was a hook for the next story in the arc, but as time goes by I fear we may never see it :/

6. Garden

Garden Supreme Mugwump

The author did mention that he/she was slowing down in terms of writing and updating speed(he talks about this in his profile and A/N's). He/she might just take a while. I'm hoping for a sequel, because that ending didn't give me a sense of closure.

7. eetragt

eetragt Third Year

Reading these two stories was probably the best FF decision I have made in a long time. Kept me happy for a few days. I don't really like Tek as a character. I would have preferred a real DC character, but I suppose that would have wrecked some arcs.

8. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

Didn't hate Tek as much as I thought I would, it helped that the author made her a clumsy out of control mess most of the time.

Avatar and Adaption are probably the best two pieces of Teen Titans fanfiction I've read since I entered the fandom. Hoping my ass off for a conclusion or sequel.

9. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I liked pieces of the first one, but found large parts of it to be shit, and massive parts of it to be OOC (and I don't mean for Robin who had an excuse, I mean for everyone.)

I haven't read the second one, but I don't think I will.

10. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Loved both stories, absolutely loved them. Loved the characters, the story, the writing, everything.

5/5, easily. For both.

The characters were both in character and changed realistically, there was awesome action, charming humor, a gripping and always interesting story. The oc characters were interesting (most of all bushido and Tek, if they are OCs, never read the comics)

I hope for a sequel.

11. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Is it necessary to have seen the TV show to read this story?

12. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

There's generally quite a bit of informative exposition or description about random in-universe stuff. Having seen maybe 1/4 of the episodes like 6 years before reading it I didn't have any problems, I think you'd be fine with a general idea of the way shit goes down in the DC-verse.

13. Garden

Garden Supreme Mugwump

The only problem I had was the point where the Justice League showed up, as they seemed a bit too arrogant. It's still an awesome story, though.
    You don't really need any knowledge besides basic knowledge of the enemies of the Teen Titans and the setting. Everything else is explained in story so you'll be fine.

14. gamingguru

gamingguru Fourth Year

It dragged on a bit at points, but this was an amazing story. 5/5, and def belongs in the library.

15. Blank402

Blank402 Second Year

16. Garden

Garden Supreme Mugwump

:)
    Really short chapter, but hopefully more is coming soon.
    Best fics in the fandom, I think.
    Don't remember too many details, I'll probably go back and read through them when I've got a couple of hours...but I remember lots of awesomeness, and decently done angst.
    Lots of angst.
    And death.
    But its awesome, so :)

17. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

I am stunned. This is the best sequel that I thought would never happen; I'll probably reread the series before I start since I only ever read it once and its foggy in my mind now.

I can't think of anything that's been abandoned or quasi-abandoned that I would have rather seen start updating again than this.