1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP All-Father by Rheagar - T - Worm/Marvel

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Zombie, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Title: All-Father
    Author: Rheager
    Rating: T (???)
    Fandoms: Worm/Marvel crossover

Summary: The evil that seeks to extinguish man's light will tremble when Taylor awakens to godhood. Mankind will believe in magic again and know that Asgard stands with thee.

Link: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/all-father-worm-marvel-odin-taylor.535396/#post-36022786

As simple as it appears on the box, it's a Worm/Marvel crossover. Taylor has the Powers of Odin.

What I like about this fic is that its a Marvel cross, Worm/Marvel crosses are my weakness and since the author of Memories of Iron is ded. I found this. Its short as of yet, but I enjoy it for the most part.

Its another guilty pleasure. The writing is coherent, make sense to me. I can only find it on SB currently, but its worth the read I think, and I look forward to updates. They were pretty active, but this could be one of those fics that die after it leaves page one.

I'll give it a 3.5/5 as loathe as I am to put decimal ratings. It has the potential to be good, just needs more content.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2017
  2. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I wasn't particularly impressed, especially after following the word crack that was Ring-Maker. It's technically written well enough, though I did spot a few mistakes sprinkled throughout. The fight scene was decent, but I'm already cringing at the Danny interactions. It's not as bad on that front as a lot of fics, but was still a point against.

All in all, I think if someone linked it to me again when it updated I would read it, but I wouldn't go so far as to follow it myself. 3/5.

3. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I agree about the Danny interactions. Mostly because apparently the trend on SB is for her to out herself as a parahuman and Danny be like Matthew McConaughey in one of those Lincoln commericals.

"I don't know why I'm okay with my daughter being a Parahuman, but I am." -insert intenseEDMbeatoverlay.mp3

4. ASmallBundleOfToothpicks

ASmallBundleOfToothpicks Professor

Lets break this down:

Grammar: Fine. A couple of run ons, typos, and whatnot, but not enough to make reading the story unbearable. 3/5

Prose: The writing is pretty standard SB fare, but slightly below par, I'd say. 2/5

Plot: Plot? What Plot? It basically just follows Taylor after she triggers with Marvel Odin's powers. She also reveals herself to Danny pretty early on, which is kind of a pet peeve of mine. I'll be generous and give it a 2/5.

Characterization: Every single character is completely OOC. Taylor gets a thrill out of combat, which is almost antithetical to her character. Taylor designs her cape stuff in class. Sophia backs off after a single failed shoulder check. Danny just kind of goes along with Taylor's superhero plans. Even granting Shard Bullshit, which fuels a lot of the odd choices characters make in Worm, everybody just doesn't match up to who they were in canon- this is probably my biggest gripe with the story. 1/5

8/20 over all, averages to 2/5.