1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Almost Recommendable Fanfiction - Round Four

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Minion, Oct 15, 2011.

Not open for further replies.
  1. wolf550e

wolf550e High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

My biggest problem with the story is that the Aurors appear to have canon-level competency in counter-intelligence. I bet more than half the people at the "secret" meeting were double agents, they told everyone their names and they didn't even have something like Hermione's DA contract. Then, in the latest chapter, they spent many hours in a very public place where apparently everyone saw through/was told about Harry's disguise. The good guys aren't being outplayed or outclassed, they aren't even amateurs. They're plain dumb and terrible. The kids from Enid Blyton's books going up against the Stazi would have better chance than these Aurors against the Death Eaters. It's canon all over again. I don't want to read about saving a society I don't feel is worth saving. I don't want to read about a protagonist winning by first losing and then having the author declare Victory by Authorial Fiat.

2. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

That's the thing about canon. Both sides were dumb. That example of Enid Blyton's kids against the Stazi is incredibly generous. Its more akin to PowerPuff girls going against Mojo Jojo.

Not open for further replies.