1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Almost Recommendable Worm Fanfiction

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by NoxedSalvation, Nov 12, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Nocdia

Nocdia Sixth Year

There's a fairly interesting round robin a few authors did a while ago :Link
    The basic premise is that after the end of the series Taylor goes back in time and becomes the first endbringer. There's nothing close to a full story but it's a good time killer.

2. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

To be fair, it's no more absurd than Leet's "If I build it again, it explodes" thing. It's contrived, certainly, but it's not like there's no precedent for things very much like it in canon.

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Bug on a Wire by jacobK - T - Worm

Bug on a Wire is excellent. Particularly the last two chapters - the author seems to have hit a groove writing Taylor's personality.

I can't wait to see what happens with the Undersiders.

Tt should probably start running away now.

5/5

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Tattletale is probably the least worried by Taylor, given her ability to completely fuck over every single aspect of her life. I can't imagine it would be that difficult for her to find out Skitter's real identity and set it up so that if she ever died, the information would go straight to the internet.

tl;dr Tattletale can easily fuck with anyone she wants to.

5. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

As someone who dislikes Shadow stalker, how much would I enjoy Bug on a wire?

6. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

Eh, I'm not so certain about that, if only due to the Keyser Soze defense; what if you shoot the devil in the back and miss?

Well, in this case the answer is BEEEEEEEEEES, but the point stands

7. NoxedSalvation

NoxedSalvation Temporarily Banhammered

Shadow Stalker is still a supreme bitch in "Bug on a wire", very much in character.

8. Creticus

Creticus First Year

Yeah, Exalted and Scion are pretty similar in a lot of respects, so it's an easy mistake to make.

On topic, I think Bug on a Wire (sort-of buddies with Shadow Stalker) and Cenotaph (vigilante with not much else to lose) are the best non-crossover stories on Spacebattles, while Scarab is my personal favorite of the crossovers. Goblin Queen (Taylor connected to an Ishvara from Exalted) is entertaining but not as satisfying as it could be, while Ryuugi's Midnight Sun (Taylor as a Solar in a modern fusion of the settings) is looking good but still in the earliest stages.

9. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The Dragon and the Dark Lord.

As per canon, Taylor is shoved into a fermenting locker full of hygiene products, and undergoes a trigger event.

Her power?

She's a dragon. Big, scaly, breathes fire.

It's not badly written, but some of the characters (specifically Miss Militia) seem a bit different from actual canon. Mildly amusing.

10. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

I'd also recommend Dragon and the Dark Lord, it's been pretty good so far. Clockblocker has been pretty funny and I can't wait to see more of Vista's reaction to Dragon!Taylor.

Another story I've been enjoying is A Different Kind of Justice. It's a Worm/Justice League crossover where the Endbringers start getting transported to the DC universe and then Taylor does too.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  11. bakkasama

bakkasama Seventh Year

Since most of the stories are in spacebattles and it sort of stops me from reading them, I thought I would ask here: What does it means when it says that space battles dislikes me?

12. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

The site's just having major lag issues, the owners just put on various tags when they take it down to try and fix them.

13. Rym

Rym Auror

Started reading Death's Hand. On one hand (get it), it's pretty cool. The writing's not amazing, but fairly solid solid - at least, enough not to detract from the story. The premise is actually awesome, all contrived notions aside. I mean, come on. Imagining Taylor going around murdering people dressed like THIS? Doesn't get more badass than that.

But on the other hand, there are some issues. For one, Taylor is way ooc. And I get that she's an angrier, darker version of herself because of her shitty power, but still - that wouldn't change her core values. Also, the reason for Taylor to start taking out the bad guys? Really pretty weak here -- to make people respect the swastika? Really? Which brings me to my other issue with the story. The weird racist undertones throughout the text and the very odd obsession with the swastika. I mean, some of the inner dialogue in this story is just bizarre.

So yeah, taking it for what it is -- it's fun. Just get ready to suspend your disbelief.

14. Caledfwlch

Caledfwlch Sixth Year DLP Supporter

Head, not hand. Your pun's been murdered.

15. Rym

Rym Auror

eh, oh well.

16. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

It's pretty heavily implied her power is fucking with her thought processes/perception. Hell, just take a look at the language she uses. 'Cleansing' Brockton Bay? Sound familiar at all...?

My problem with the story is the way it jumps the shark when
    Dinah is introduced. Nazi fight club? Nympho shape-changer? God-emperor Taylor? Wtf?

17. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

My problem with spacebattles is, that the only way to get updates is to check the story thread every couple of days.
    Which is very annoying.

Why aren't people putting their stories on fanfiction.net? I want to be able to get Email or RSS alerts for new chapters.

EDIT: Also, I like jacobk (Bug on a Wire), but he seems to start a lot of new stories without finishing the previous ones. I count a Naruto, Harry Potter and two Worm fics currently in progress.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  18. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Read Bug on a Wire, not a huge fan, it's alright, but it seems a little juvenile. I'm also not a fan of the Shadow Stalker plotline, and I don't like

Taylor's money being stolen by the Undersiders. Pissed me off, and even though I know that is how Tattletale appears to people like say, Panacea, I really did not like Taylor being on the receiving end.

I haven't read any of the crossover fics in the thread, but I might end up caving soon due to wanting MOAR.

Also, I hate SpaceBattles, the forum is so slow, reading there is such a hassle.

19. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

20. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Or you know a /b/tard could be writing this, waiting for shiting dick nipples any time now.

Not open for further replies.