1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

American Gods Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Oct 18, 2015.

1. demonturtle

demonturtle Squib

You sure sound like you're not scum, but I don't know what to believe. :(

2. Banks

Banks Muggle

I'll write Jan's scum response for him "Oh banks I haven't played forums before with you where you were scum how can you mean you think i'm mafia??" Or "Lawl I'm x role nice try" One of these two paths. Both are scum paths he has done the former and IS NEVER the latter. He messed up and it is unforgiveable he crossed a line. His vote on me was at a point where I suddenly became realistic to die. He is scum.

I SWEAR IF ANYONE SAYS I WAS WRONG AND HE DOESNT DIE I WILL RAGE IM ALWAYS RIGHT.

---------- Post automerged at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Whether I'm scum or not is not a debate I'm a villager. That is a known fact but it doesnt matter even if you and blorcyn who is around switched to JAn we wouldn't have enough to make him more than me. He is still lurking btw.

---------- Post automerged at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

demonturtle peaced out which is a bad look as he didn't wait for my response unless he fixed his being online/offline status thing.

JAn and Blorcyn both around be hilarious if thats the scum team.

3. Story Content: Day 3 End
    Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Day 3 End

Day 3 Ends

The exhaustion is seeping in. You can't remember how long you've been here, only that you must keep fighting.

As the sky darkens, one person, a carefree lad with a shock of red hair, whistles tunelessly into the dark. He'd been standing guard all day, and got a bit lazy.

Something whistles back at him, something he wasn't expecting.

End of Day 3 Vote Count

Banks (8): weiyaoli, Blorcyn, Elemental, Jan, Plotless, demonturtle, EvilOftenWins, Koalas
    Elemental (1): ljtrigirl
    Jan (1): Banks

Abstaining: Tempus Fugit

Banks has been lynched!

He was...

Night 3 lasts 24 hours, and ends at this time.

4. demonturtle

demonturtle Squib

I fixed my offline thing. I didn't know you could make yourself invisible.

5. The Storm

The Storm Muggle

Filler for tenchar

6. Story Content: Day 4 Start
    Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Day 4 Start

Day 4

The old barriers are breaking down.

You are no longer sure what's real and what's illusion.

She shook her head. "I'm done, honey," she told him. "You go do what you need to do. I'm tired. Good luck."

Blorcyn has died in the night!

He was...

~

Day Four will last 72 hours, and ends at this time.

~

Live List (9 alive)

demonturtle
    Elemental
    EvilOftenWins
    Jan
    Koalas
    ljtrigirl
    Plotless
    Tempus Fugit
    weiyaoli

~

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to soft lynch, and 7 to hard lynch

Day begins.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  7. Elemental

Elemental Squib

High Score:
    Oh my.

/tenchar

8. demonturtle

demonturtle Squib

I'm going to honor Banks wishes and

Vote: Jan

9. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Plotless/Tempus/Kalas, any useful information?

At this point, is a full claim useful? We can popcorn claim if people want. Most people have already claimed, so it's a question of nailing things down. Someone almost certainly town like demonturtle should decide the order though.

Personally, I'm a little annoyed at how Banks played, but will leave it for the end of the game to discuss.

I have to finish up something first, but will analyse the Banks wagon after that.

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I was told to send happiest birthday wishes from the nether (fonti) to demonturtle!

Also, happy birthday demonturtle, this time from me.

Now let's move on to brighter things.

I can only post from my phone right now, but if you could focus your attention to my posts with the number : 317, 488, 490, 492, 690 & 763.

You will see that I asked banks to play the game numerous times. I even said that this is neither his town, not his scumgame, which it wasn't.
    He knows, or should know, that his as performance this game was really bad, and if you lynch me here, then this game will go from bad to worse.
    It should still be solvable, since you have two lynched left , but if you are facing a world of two, then I wish you good luck.

---------- Post automerged at 05:00 ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 ----------

Oh wait. Just looked at the love list.
    We are final 9, you have two misslynches left. Should be easy.

People not to kill if you want to win :

Demonturtle
    Wei

I think I would put evil in there as well, fonti had a pretty strong tiebreak on evil.

If you don't hit mafia until final 5 and neither of them manages to proof themselves, reconsider in koalas and elemental.
    if you lynch into them, elemental is the better first lynch, but you give him two more chances to prove himself. His claim was believable enough for that.

lj .. My plan was to reconsider on her today and see where we both stand if we do not tunnel each other.
    I would still like to do that, if we have the time.

---------- Post automerged at 05:09 ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 ----------

That only leaves plotless and tempus.

Plotless has been trying to solve the game, while tempus was mostly a no-show in the last days.

If you kill me, you should look into those two afterwards.
    Force them to talk and take a stance on the game, scum are normally reluctant to do that, because they need their options open for misslynches.
    Esp. Tempus needs to step up his activity and put on his game solving hat, if he is town and wants to be more than a sidenote this game.

Need to sleep now, will check in tomorrow to see what you guys are planning.

---------- Post automerged at 05:13 ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 ----------

Oh and before someone asks, I am vanilla town.
    my ro e is the morning star girl, that lives with her two sisters and fontis chat.
    Some Russian name that I forget all the time. Qt somehow bugs out on my phone, can give you a full claim once I am at a PC, but that is unlikely to happen in the next two days.

11. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

???

It's 4am where I am, so wagon analysis coming tomorrow.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Fontis char. Autocorrect ftw.

---------- Post automerged at 10:06 ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 ----------

Before I consider how to move forward I would like to know how set the people outside of turtle and wei are in their opinion.

The difference being, do I concentrate myself more on convincing you of the fact that I am town, or am I dead either way, then I will concentrate more on finding scum until I am gone.

And before someone tells me I am too defensive about this, turtle made her opinion pretty clear, if most people see it the same way, then fighting for myself is a waste of my time, even though it is a misslynch.
    In the end a misslynch now does not hurt as much as being the crucial misslynch in final 5 or 3.

As I said only phoneposting for the next two days, so I won't do a lot of quoting and argue most with memories.

---------- Post automerged at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

Oh and while rereading banks wonderful and useless spam.
    I woke up in the middle of the ducking night, to see if something happened.
    When I wanted to refresh the page after reading his first post, it took more than five minutes to reload the page, because the connection here is fucking terrible.
    He knows that I would always respond when I am around, as either alignment.

There is a good reason for me not using incise mode, I want people to know that I might be around so they can ask me questions and interact in realtor conversations. Others hide in incise mode, I think that removes half the fun.

13. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You can prove you're town by scum hunting Jan. That's mafia 101.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I am more used to town101, thanks for the tip anyway.

15. ljtrigirl

ljtrigirl Muggle

High Score:
    Well, that lynch was stupid. Weekend deadlines in general are stupid.

vote Elemental

That's what we should have done yesterday.

---------- Post automerged at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

Turtle- What was your view?

The fact that all of the claimed PRs are *still* alive means that there is definitely at least 1 scum caught up in the claims.

16. Tempus Fugit

Tempus Fugit Third Year

Sorry for not showing up, but this weekend was Surprisingly busy for me.

Regarding the current situation:
    Banks getting lynched is his own fault, he was asked to play more seriously plenty of times, by many people.
    Still Fonti also thought either Banks or Jan could be scum, and as I said before he seemed to hesitate when voting for Titus, but don't think this is enough evidence to Lynch him.

@Kalas I know you claimed but can you give us your flavour?
    [SIZE=+0][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0][/SIZE]

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Ducking phone as my post .. Two times.

Gonna make it short.

Tempus- top Towns and scums and why, with more than 20 words total if possible (just don't make it a list without additional Infos)

---------- Post automerged at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

Lj - I kinda agree, but most of them are woven together.

turtle is the most likely to be real and can only be scum if koalas is scum as well OR she was the backup to citrus role, got a lucky check on koalas n1 and guessed his safe (not a hard one to predict).
    That is the single world in which turtle is scum and I would call it unlikely at the very least.

more soon.

---------- Post automerged at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

2nd claim - koalas - after being spotted n1 he claimed PR who did something to fonti.
    He later elaborated that he is a jack of all traits - medic edition.

I will talk about what I remember of his play before I will talk about the mechanical part.
    Day1 he decided to spectate for the most part. His content was slim at best.
    His day 2 & 3 content can be reduced to outing the information he got through his role for the most part. At least is that all I remember.

mechanically, his play looks a bit better, since both of his claimed nightactions were confirmed by someone, so we can assume he did something.
    I think koalas is mechanically cleared, unless he is either with exactly elemental OR he is the scum neighbourizer and had a similar 2nd ability that citrus had.
    there is a third world in which koalas is with Demonturtle, but that chain of claims is so dirty and lucky, which makes it highly unlikely.
    It would involve the three remaining scum going into d2 with the plan to out all three of them as prs, which is so hard to pull of, since counterclaims are likely.

---------- Post automerged at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

Oh btw, joat normally has three abilities, what is your third ability koalas,.and why didn't you try and coordinate.your potential last action with elemental?

---------- Post automerged at 15:58 ---------- Previous post was at 15:43 ----------

Yalong about prs.

Elemental - bodyguard.
    Claimed that he got blocked the night he tried to protect fonti, which she paid for with her life.

He was very high up on everybodys scumlist for a reason. low activity and not a lot of in depth analyse, as far as I remember.

Mechanics ... Well if koalas is real,.then elemental is never alone, BUT considering we had an outed tracker and the pressure on elemental before, that makes him a likely tracktarget and unlikely assassin for that night anyway.
    His claim felt the best, if koalas is real, because there was no need for him to claim PR,.after koalas softcleared him.

The team of elemental koalas is weird because if both of them are fake, we don't have any defensive roles. At least no claimed ones.
    There does not seem to be an sk and scum only had one nightkill every night(that we know of), which makes two defensive prs unreasonably much.

---------- Post automerged at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

Pretty sure yalong = talking.
    Weird autocorrect.

18. Elemental

Elemental Squib

High Score:
    Tempus, Koalas claimed his flavour. I think it was Hinzelman or something. I agree that Koalas should tell his 3rd ability.

LJ, you're not endearing yourself to me. If I die this night, speed lynch LJ, please. NO FREAKING QUESTIONS ASKED. I'd actually want ljtrigirl to be lynched this day but the chance is mediocre at best.

Banks' play this game was unquestionably bad. I'm going to do a reread of Jan before voting since I don't want to make a hasty decision.

19. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No third ability guys. Just the protection and the jail. I'll sum up my flavor when I'm not on my phone. With Blor flipping as laura moon I'm feeling a LOT better about Elementals claim. I feel like if it was fake they would have thrown it to TMNT.

---------- Post automerged at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Your town 101 needs work Jan. I'd suggest remedial. If I'm reading you right your thoughts are scum in Tempus/lj?

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

My thoughts are a bit more complex than that.

LJ is someone I need to catch and read up on. We were on uneven footing all game, and have not been able to resolve our problems, or have a good talk about the game.
    I will reserve further judgement for whenever that has happened. Tunnelling for a day or two is fun, but at this point I would prefer some real talk.

Tempus, yes. His overall content felt a bit underwhelming to me. I want to see him knee deep in scum searching for the culprit.
    His last game looked similar which makes it hard to distinguish from possible scumplay, but I fear he might coast by as scum.

Honestly the fact that fonti more or less alone nailed three scum in two days bites us in the ass.
    A lot of people feel like they allow themselves to play the rest of the game in a leisure way, which makes it easier for scum to hide.

I would love for people to jump back in the tread and start discussing.
    I don't even care about what, discuss why I am scum,.just something that produces reads, because most of the stuff that happened after early day one was sheep following their shepherd, and now that she is dead they might just move on to the slaughter.

the next person outside of the claims that I want to look at would be plotless, I feel better about him than I do with others, but that makes him slightly leaning town.