1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

American Gods Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

Plotless and Titus,

I feel confused by your reasoning here, but I also feel like I'm missing something.

I accept that Titus isn't a new player like me, so, actually, his scum claim doesn't mean much.

OTOH, regarding Demonturtle: Elemental and ljtrigirl haven't even posted yet. I hadn't posted when Plotless voted. Was demonturtle reading the thread and not responding or something to give her more attention than the others in the same boat?

Furthermore, demonturtle voted for titus for the exact same reason that I did.

I don't know - I'll give you that you mention demonturtle first but this flip flopping vote confuses me. TMNT said he didn't want to poke the hornet's nest that is Titus. I feel it'd be a bit against the spirit of the rules to go and read Titus' post history but this reference worries me.

---------- Post automerged at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

God it's annoying not editing posts to clarify and refine my reasoning, it was a real crutch for making it seem like my brain went from A to B like a regular persons. :/

2. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

Blorcyn

The idea is that Demonturtle is new to mafia and so thought that the scum claim was a good way to divert attention and try make the town lynch. Of course, it's possible that Titus is scum and wants to get an early townlynch, but it seems a bit to obvious for that.

3. Blorcyn

I understand that part and think it's reasonable in itself. However what confuses me is that prior to that there were several in the same boat and you selected her and TMNT. After that, myself and her still qualify.

I think I'm getting at what Titus said when he said you seemed pretty moonlogicky?

4. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

Mainly because I didn't really check who was playing, but since then the two of you have both posted stuff I agree with. I'll have to go back and check who's in though.

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

So what you're telling me is you're going to vote the one that OMGUS'd?

6. demonturtle

demonturtle Squib

It just seemed if someone says that they are scum, I don't see how that can benefit town. Though, now I'm thinking about it, someone can obviously say they are scum to try and get the scum to automatically vote for them, but what makes the rest of the town not vote for you? It seems like it can trap both and then you might end up lynching a town member trying to trap the scum.

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

What would you have thought if this was Titus's first game and she entered like that?

8. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

Forgive me if I'm new to mafia and don't know what that means. Can you explain?

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Attention neutral Gods.

If you don't claim today, there's a chance noone will believe in your existence and your powers will dwindle until you fade into the ether.

That is all~

---------- Post automerged at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

An OMGUS is an acronym for "Oh My God You Suck"

It's for a case where player A votes player B. Then player B votes player A right after, basically because A voted B. It's usually a scummy thing.

More below:
    http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Oh_My_God_You_Suck

10. Blorcyn

I think it's 'Oh my god you suck', as in you vote for who votes for you, but that would be TMNT for Plotless, I'd thought, so I'm still confused.

I just double checked and Titus called TMNT moonlogicky, so I apologise for that. I didn't realise Demonturtle had been posting previously, my brain misread it as another poster.

Hmm, well, I'd have probably still thought of it as a joke - I hadn't really considered how it could be a trap for scum although I see that now. But in a new player, who I've no knowledge of I'd think it could perhaps be a double bluff.

Hmmm.

Based on very little, which is better than nothing, I'm currently torn between Plotless and Demonturtle. Of the three Von noted, Demonturtle was the one where it wasn't an answer to a question or something like that. Plotless OTOH, jumped on what Von said. In the questions I asked, I made some mistakes that could've been pointed out before I noticed them that weren't. But those same mistakes make my former reasoning less . . . reasonable so:

Unvote

VOTE: Demonturtle

11. EvilOftenWins

EvilOftenWins Squib

@[MENTION]Snowvon [/MENTION] why is Tempus the only one you townread? To me it seems like he made an easy post like the rest of us.

12. demonturtle

demonturtle Squib

I am not the scum. Maybe voting for Titus was hasty, but it just seems like if someone is going to outright say they are scum, I will think of them as scum. They might be diverting attention from another scum, maybe was being nice to the newbie players, it could be a trap for new players who don't know them and their play styles because right now they diverted attention away from their post. There could be a variety of reasons why Titus said what they did and it just makes me think that they are pulling the strings right now.

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

As a player you can put yourself out there by doing something seemingly scummy on purpose to see who jumps on it.
    There is a high likelyhood that scum is within the people that jump on you, if you are town, because they are looking for weaknesses and misslynches.

That being said, that works well if you don't make it obvious, and Titus claim was obviously just trolly and not a scumslip or a town faking a scumslip for reactions.

What Titus did was null for me tbh, but I don't know her play well enough to have a meta read outside of that just yet. It did get reactions out of some people, and kinda ended the rvs phase, so that is a plus.

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

It felt very organic (unlike the other quotes) and didn't have an in-game agenda

15. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Blorcyn so far as I'm aware researching players's prior games is just another part of the game, if you want to now what exactly I'm referencing it's Narutomafia.

Plotless, that's the second time now you've thrown your vote onto someone who'd just been voted. You're going to keep my vote until I know you aren't scum.

What's with all the votes on demonturtle anyway? He's pretty clearly noob town that got caught by Titus.

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I would've felt much more comfortable with your vote if you had placed it after #92 Blorcyn

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I liked the way he referenced last game, where he was town.

Whereas all the other easy posters didn't really write anything alignment indicative.

Do me a favor and ask TMNT/demonturtle a couple of questions to help you figure them out?

18. Blorcyn

Understandable. But if I hadn't voted it wouldn't have been said. I feel Plotless is a bit passive with his votes, but I don't want to tar my vote with that because as an utter newb I'm currently getting a +6 to keeness.

I'm going to give this some time to evolve and see what happens. 5 days is long enough that I feel I should have a bit more to actually go on by the time of the first night, whether my vote changes or stays the same.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I like that attitude by Blorcyn in #98.

Votes are not only to lynch people, also to pressure people and figure out their alignment.

20. ljtrigirl

ljtrigirl Muggle

High Score:
    Woohoo!

VOTE JAN

Hi. :kiss:

---------- Post automerged at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

I want to know what she did!

---------- Post automerged at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

BURN THE WITCH!

---------- Post automerged at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Isn't this game full reveal though?

---------- Post automerged at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

I push to vote as well.

Let's give you D1 immunity.

---------- Post automerged at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Real vote or metavote still?

---------- Post automerged at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Is this a real vote?

---------- Post automerged at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Wow. I just realized that me having a wall of posts makes it really hard for people to quote when they respond to me.

Someone come post.

---------- Post automerged at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Why would scum ever do that?

---------- Post automerged at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

So...

I'm considering claiming my role. It feels pro-good to claim it, so I probably will.

---------- Post automerged at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Is this majority or deadline lynch?