1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

American Gods Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

That's a good analysis.

The thing about his choice to block Elemental is, the more I think about fontisian dying N2, the more I think they believed there was no town doctor because no one objected to Koalas being doctor. It makes sense and explains why she died before him.

So then, he might not have had any idea Elemental was a bodyguard, and simply had a PR read based on activity, or something he (or Citrus or Titus or TMNT) thought was a crumb, etc.

Eidolonic typically gives the mafia "safe" character names to claim, but not fake powers or (IIRC) fake flavor. E.g. Titus was able to claim a character that nobody else had, but her flavor about "running around" didn't make sense.

I don't know whether how important a character is in canon is a factor. It might be, though I vaguely remember there not being a Harry Potter in his Harry Potter mafia, or something along those lines.

2. ljtrigirl

ljtrigirl Muggle

High Score:
    Why do you think Jan is town?

If you shoot me, you will die.

I do not think I would have claimed D1 if I was scum. Why would I have? People might have wasted their abilities on me, and I could always say I didn't know site protocol for this kind of thing. Multiple scum have thrown shade at me throughout the game. And the only reason that I voted TMNT over Elemental was because they had super bussy votes on each other, and I thought they were both scum. It is not WIFOM to say that I would have bussed my teammates if I was scum because I am really, really good at being evil.

Jan feels clear scum to me at this point. I think you should shoot him. He of all people knows that I am more engaged as scum in games, given how he's been in two games with me: one where I was incredibly engaged and town leadery as scum and one where I was more in and out like this one where I was town.

On top of that, I not only asked Tempus the VC question but also proved on like D2 that that was my VC as well. I can grab the post if anyone wants to see it. The fact that it doesn't clear me to Jan and Evil means that they are either not paying attention or are trying to get me miskilled.

How anyone can think I am scum at this point is legitimately beyond me.

---------- Post automerged at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Jan- The reason people keep lumping you with Evil is because the worlds of two are like Evil and Rubicon or Jan and Evil. I could maybe see Koalas with ether Jan or Evil at this point, but definitely not Rubicon.

Koalas- You never answered this when I asked you several times, but did you not think your role was kind of incompatible with Elemental's? Did you ever consider claiming when he did?

---------- Post automerged at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------
    Plotless- You have been like my best read since D1. Please do not fucking shoot me.

3. Rubicon

I have noticed that the people who know Jan best think he's scum. You, Banks. And fontisian seemed to be undecided about him before she died.

How much experience do you have with him?

4. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

I was baiting for reactions. Don't worry.

What you should worry about, Koalas , is that I am going to shoot you if I don't get a good reason not to.

The day ends in 27 hours.

I suggest you hurry.

5. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    One shot roleblocker + neighbourizer in your world but yeah. It seems a bit over the top but seeing the number of two night delay actions + potential for town suicides I don't find it impossible. What I'm interested in is if a Night 2 roleblock stops Tempus or Plotless' abilities activating because that'd be massively unbalanced.

Agree with all of this. Following lore it should be Media, which makes perfect sense for a neighbourizer.

Not to beat a dead horse but we have a claimed Innocent Child that ISN'T getting Mod confirmed. If that's not misnaming I don't know what is. As for my shot number the New Gods only have a conditional roleblocker in all reasonable worlds. That many PR's would just be unfair.

The bold is an odd claim to make. Is this based on anything other then fonti thinking she was in a qt with TMNT?

It really wouldn't be. I don't think claiming cop could have saved TMNT at that point.

Was trying to bait the fonti kill. It would have worked to, if I hadn't talked myself into pseudo cop checking Elemental instead.

Potentially. They were also down 3 members in 2 Days thanks to fonti, they may have just gambled the only way to win was that I was a one shot like other roles and decided to take her out.

Have you missed the part where every NK has been on Town reads? Mechanically confirmed or otherwise? Newcomb has this really helpful bookmark thing if you want to check it out.

It did work out phenomenally for scum. Hands down the biggest misplay of the game. My thought process wasn't complicated though. Elemental WAS the Day 3 lynch at that point. If I had saved fonti Elemental dies. Either the game ends or fonti dies N3. If I target Elemental and he's the last scum same situation. If he's not though, he gets cleared and we can move in a better direction. Obviously that failed on both ends.

---------- Post automerged at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Sorry, was kind of scimming your posts yesterDay. As we have two, claimed, two Night interaction roles having the ability to make one of them resolves makes sense to me. Especially where one can very evidently interfere with the other. And.. what? I claimed before he did. 655, right at Day 3 start.

---------- Post automerged at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

LiveList: EvilOftenWins
    Jan
    Koalas
    ljtrigirl
    Plotless
    Tempus Fugit
    weiyaoli

Plotless' claim puts him in a definite position. He shoots toDay he's Town. If he doesn't he's scum. Given that his claimed ability is not something I can imagine scum having in a cop-less set up he's a hard Town read for me.

Given Plotless' role claim of Odin it makes me feel infinitely better about Lj's claim of Loki (and she didn't leave the game when Shadow died). Less Town then Plotless but still a hard town read.

Tempus gets revealed one way or the other tomorrow. I'm less sold on him then others seem to be, but the same delay as Plotless, and claiming before him, is a valid point. Willing to sit on him.

As hilariously wrong as Rubicon's one-track assumptions are wei was Towning all over the thread earlier. Still a solid town read despite Day 5.

Evil I had less of a town consensus then others but the multiple examples people have thrown up ( I really liked the Citrus one Rubicon noticed) has me convinced.

That really only leaves Jan. I haven't given his posts the reading they deserved but I did have a slight town read on him. PoE and others concerns though..

---------- Post automerged at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

You will die. I will laugh as Rubicon scrambles to assure himself that his conclusions were right even though he was 100% wrong. Jan will then likely be lynched.

---------- Post automerged at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

As weak an argument as it is the only role I could be in the New Gods would be Media. Simply from a design/flavor standpoint what makes more sense?

The Technical Boy - rolecop/blocker
    The Black Hats- Goon
    The Intangibles- Goon
    Media- JOAT

or

The Technical Boy - rolecop/blocker
    The Black Hats- Jailer
    The Intangibles- Goon
    Media- Neighbourizer

6. ljtrigirl

ljtrigirl Muggle

High Score:
    I've played two forum games with him and probably close to a dozen on DailyMafia. I would not call myself a Jan expert by any means. Fonti has played with him the most, but she was undecided when she died.

In the two games I've played with him, we were scum together in the first one, and we correctly identified each other as town on D1 in the other. Banks killed pretty much our entire D1 trust team that game (Fonti, Jan, me, and SnowVon) because he's a jackass.

7. Rubicon

First of all, I agree with your townreads, but a lot of the reasoning in the rest of your post is weird.

I don't understand how letting people assume, correctly, that you were a doctor would make scum want to shoot fontisian.

Saying, "I'm not a doctor" or "I'm not going to confirm that one way or another" might have. Your response (1) made people assume you were a doctor, (2) risked outing the real doctor, and (3) gave you a convenient out if that happened. "I never said I was the doctor, you guys did." Right?

Plus, targeting Elemental is only a cop check if there are four mafia, which has never been certain.

well...
    More likely, you save fontisian and she continues crushing the scum team, one after another, and wins the game. She probably lives past N3 since they still need to shoot you first.

Do you think fontisian was not in a QT with TMNT?

---------- Post automerged at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

(reply to Koalas, not lj.)

8. ljtrigirl

ljtrigirl Muggle

High Score:
    Hmmm.

Their could be a Mafia apprentice role since we apparently have one. Though, it would require a shortened time span and two remaining scum to be feasible.

---------- Post automerged at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------
    Koalas- Didn't Elemental soft protective role on D2 or am I misremembering that? I swear he said in one post that he had said he was a protective role. Let me try and find it.

9. Tempus Fugit

Tempus Fugit Third Year

I find interesting that Demon got NK since Wei was a much more participative and also a town read for many people. Jan was also participative yesterday but there are many doubts surrounding him.
    Thoughts on that?

10. Rubicon

demon claimed PR, wei claimed VT.

I think Koalas is correct that Elemental claimed in response to his full claim on D3, but if he hinted at it earlier that would be interesting.

11. ljtrigirl

ljtrigirl Muggle

High Score:
    No, I was misremembering that.

12. Koalas

High Score:
    If I confirm a doctor shot me being a one shot isn't a terrible assumption. You think my role plus Elemental is too much protection but I could out the (non existant) doctor?

13. Rubicon

Am I correct in thinking that we get at least three more town-controlled kills, counting Plotless?

14. ljtrigirl

ljtrigirl Muggle

High Score:
    But Koala's lack of "WTF not likely" to Elemental's claim never sat right with me. It was part of why I thought they were scum together. He just kind of accepted his claim. Koalas- I didn't want to know what you think *now* about Elemental's claim, given the overlapping powers and the fact that we saw Elemental's flip. I want to know why you never seemed to doubt his claim that he was a repeating protective power when:
    a) You had protective powers and
    b) your powers and the powers of pretty much everyone that had flipped were all OPGs.

15. Koalas

High Score:
    It's personal opinion but even in a team of 5 I'd send elemental to do the kill. And not killing Fonti n3 would mean I have.. 3 protective shots?

---------- Post automerged at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

I think an anonymous qt could be possible and TMNT wouldn't be hard to fake

---------- Post automerged at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

OPGS?

/10chars

16. Rubicon

Koalas, were there other one-shot roles claimed at the time?

17. ljtrigirl

ljtrigirl Muggle

High Score:
    It depends on remaining scum. And also what their powers are/if they have any extra kills.

Best case scenario, it's 6-1. 5-1 Elemental, 3-1 lynch and NK, 1-1 loss. So, 3 more kills.

Worst case, we might only have Elemental's kill and the NK and could maybe be at LHLV tomorrow.

If Koalas is scum, it's definitely in a world of 2.

18. Rubicon

One partner pretending to be another partner doesn't seem worth the effort.

19. Koalas

High Score:
    He claimed Shadow and I don't think Newcomb is nearly enough of a bastard mod to have that as a fake claim. And again, personal opinion but I don't consider bodyguard much of a defensive role. Like you're not stopping the nk. Just redirecting it.

20. ljtrigirl

ljtrigirl Muggle

High Score:
    Koalas- OPG = once per game, one shots.
    Rubicon- Yes. Fonti had used her OPG to shoot Citrus and Turtle had apparently claimed her OPG track.