AMV (Anime Music Videos) Thread

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Jarik, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Fardeki

Fardeki Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

2. Rehio

Rehio Alchemist DLP Supporter

I am pure condensed stupid and posted in the wrong thread at first. Whoops.

Anyway.

Holy shit, clearly I've missed some Fate/Stay Night, cause there are some amazing scenes here that I haven't seen. (Reading some comments, the ones I haven't seen are from Prism and some VN animations, which makes sense.)

I need a Shirou.

3. Banta

Banta The Chosen One DLP Supporter

4. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Headmaster

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter

This is insane - the amount to which it works with the song yet let tells a completely different story than the anime in every way. Characterizations, plots, etc.

6. A Lightning

A Lightning Slug Club Member

That was really good! I love AMVs that tell original stories. This one is similar enough in style to Once Upon a Time in Russia that I have to assume it was at least somewhat inspired by it. If anyone hasn't seen Once Upon a Time in Russia, I highly recommend giving it a shot.

While we're on the topic, my favorite "Original Story" AMV is Our Tapes. This one's pretty well known, but again, if people haven't seen it, it's worth a watch!

7. Warlocke

Warlocke Prisoner

I was looking through my old AMVs and wanted to check this thread to make sure I recommended Malevolent Skies (I had, but I see there is a YouTube link), but then I realized I'd never mentioned The Anime Polka...

The Anime Polka - ermacstudios.org - Weird Al Yankovic - Polka Power! - Link - It's not one of the best AMVs I've ever seen, but it was one of the first, so I thought I'd share.

Danger Days - Squall - My Chemical Romance - Look Alive, Sunshine / Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na) - Link - Just a bit of fun with Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.

Molly - Padre - Mindless Self Indulgence - Molly - Link (AMVNews.ru link)
    - Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! A.K.A. Watamote.

Ninja Re Bang Bang - ~ ふぉー - Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Ninja Re Bang Bang - Link - Bakemonogatari, yet again. This one was listed here before, but the link is dead. I've always enjoyed it, so here it is again.

Ninja Re Bang Bang v2 - ~ ふぉー - Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Ninja Re Bang Bang -Link - Practically the same video as above, really, but with footage from Nisekoi, instead of Bakemonogatari.

While I'm doing re-runs, here's a 60 FPS version of a video previously mentioned in this thread...
    Into The Labyrinth - Lolligerjoj - Kraddy - Into The Labyrinth - Link (no FX)(FX vs no FX comparison)