1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

AMV (Anime Music Videos) Thread

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Jarik, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

2. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I am pure condensed stupid and posted in the wrong thread at first. Whoops.

Anyway.

Holy shit, clearly I've missed some Fate/Stay Night, cause there are some amazing scenes here that I haven't seen. (Reading some comments, the ones I haven't seen are from Prism and some VN animations, which makes sense.)

I need a Shirou.

3. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

4. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

This is insane - the amount to which it works with the song yet let tells a completely different story than the anime in every way. Characterizations, plots, etc.

6. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

That was really good! I love AMVs that tell original stories. This one is similar enough in style to Once Upon a Time in Russia that I have to assume it was at least somewhat inspired by it. If anyone hasn't seen Once Upon a Time in Russia, I highly recommend giving it a shot.

While we're on the topic, my favorite "Original Story" AMV is Our Tapes. This one's pretty well known, but again, if people haven't seen it, it's worth a watch!

7. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

I was looking through my old AMVs and wanted to check this thread to make sure I recommended Malevolent Skies (I had, but I see there is a YouTube link), but then I realized I'd never mentioned The Anime Polka...

The Anime Polka - ermacstudios.org - Weird Al Yankovic - Polka Power! - Link - It's not one of the best AMVs I've ever seen, but it was one of the first, so I thought I'd share.

Danger Days - Squall - My Chemical Romance - Look Alive, Sunshine / Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na) - Link - Just a bit of fun with Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.

Molly - Padre - Mindless Self Indulgence - Molly - Link (AMVNews.ru link)
    - Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! A.K.A. Watamote.

Ninja Re Bang Bang - ~ ふぉー - Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Ninja Re Bang Bang - Link - Bakemonogatari, yet again. This one was listed here before, but the link is dead. I've always enjoyed it, so here it is again.

Ninja Re Bang Bang v2 - ~ ふぉー - Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Ninja Re Bang Bang -Link - Practically the same video as above, really, but with footage from Nisekoi, instead of Bakemonogatari.

While I'm doing re-runs, here's a 60 FPS version of a video previously mentioned in this thread...
    Into The Labyrinth - Lolligerjoj - Kraddy - Into The Labyrinth - Link (no FX)(FX vs no FX comparison)