1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Anima Summa Triology by Anima Summa - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by ip82, Dec 3, 2005.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Title: Anima Summa Triology
    Author: Anima Summa
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Romance
    Pairings: HHr
    Link: http://www.schnoogle.com/authorLinks/Anima_Summa/

Part 1: The Mystery of Rhedae
    Summary: [completed] Join Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny in their quest to solve a modern-day mystery and uncover an ancient secret that will help in the fight against the Dark Side. But then Harry has a more daunting task to complete - he's the Anima Summa - a champion of the Light Side - the latest of a rare and exclusive breed stretching back into the mists of time, and he has to find his soul mate, his female counterpart, the girl he’ll love above all others. But who is she?
    Link: HERE

Part 2: As Above So Below
    Summary: [complete] Join the Anima Summas and their friends in their quest to find the second repository of ancient wizarding knowledge to help them fight the Dark Side. And if you dare, follow Voldemort as he starts his own quest to find the fabled Necronomicon and the evil spells that lurk within its pages. Dark times are ahead for the wizarding world, and meet some old friends as they are drawn into the conflict. Follow their progress as they are faced with mystery, danger - and romance.

Part 3: Into the Light
    Summary: This is the third and last book in the series. The gang and their protectors start their final quest - the search for the source of magic and the final spell that will complete the powers of the Anima Summas. Voldemort grapples with the spells that will activate the Disc of Gates and unleash it's awesome power on the world. And lurking impatiently in the Dark Realm are the Nephilim...

Well, this sure is a classic. Very well written, long, apocalyptic and generally interesting story. It's Super!Harry AND Super!Hermione, with Harry being a little stronger. Ron and Ginny are also in the team, but they're not super-powerful. The romance is HHr, but hey, it's big part of the plot, so I guess it's ok.

The best thing about this story is that it's full of history. The golden trio + the stalker travel all over the world, visiting ancient excavation sites, going to trapped catacombes & shit, while trying to activate their super-powers. At times, this really feels like Indiana Jones movies, what with traveling around the world, archeology, fighting the mythical evil, ancient myths and mysteries, trapped catacombes etc. If you like history and mythology, you must read this.

Downsides... Well, if we forget all about Harry not executing the stalker on sight and telling the mudblood bitch to go screw herself, then... I guess I missed a higher rating and more sexual situations in this story. You don't fight the super-evil power and save the world without saying 'fuck' a few times and screwing your girlfriend in the times of stress... Actually, this whole story is so full of 'good moral values' and goody-good versus evil shit that it made me sick at times. It was either written by some mummy's 14 year old good little girl (who's gonna save herself for marrage), or some christian 'burn the abortus clinics' fanatic.

Well, besides that, this is really great story. Good read, especially if you're into history, archeology and ancient myths.

2. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

I am into history and archaeology, this is actually the first..er...long fic that I read, and as much as I hate organised religion (especially Jesus-boy, he told our history teacher she was going to hell because she's 'a bad christian' and threw a bible at her..ya he brings it to class) this is definately a must read for anyone in this fandom.

3. noddwyd

noddwyd Third Year

hidden under the floorboards, in tiny pieces.
    I liked it at first but stopped reading halfway through the second book because of the portrayal of the nephilim as this ultimate evil or some shit. The nephilim or 'giants' were actually god/human hybrids. Achilles is a good example. The Ancient Ones are not demons or gods, just as human as you and me with a much, much longer lifespan and a whole hell of a lot more knowledge and power.

I may continue reading it just to find out who they place as the final guardian. It should be Lord Enki or one of his sons, but I'm never quite sure where this author is going....

4. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    I am probably not going to read these as it seems such a daunting task. Plus why on earth are the stalker and the jealous prick along for the ride. ah well i might give it a go at some point.

5. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

I fast got bored towards the end of book 1. Too much beating around the bush.

6. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

i quit reading this and this was so long ago i can't even remember when it happened or what happened during the story.

7. tridentwatch

tridentwatch Looked into the void

Heres my check list:

No slash -- check
    Decent Novel length -- check (woot!)
    Independant or dark? -- nope
    fluffy shit -- check
    Interesting ideas -- check
    Interesting read -- boring!

Rating out of 10: The author obviosly put a lot of work into this soo... 8/10

8. The Sinner

The Sinner Looked into the void

Somewhere between the heretic and Un'aria
    I agree with Trident on his rating.

I have read the trilogy twice over and it was just as good as the first time. Despite it being fluff, goodie!Harry and Good!Dumbledore (as in no manipulation) it was a very good story and among my top ten list of recommend stories.