1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Animangus Transformation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Conquistador, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

Well I'd assume that if Muggles saw a T-Rex running around they'd probably tranq the fuck out of you and then stick you in a zoo a la Jurassic Park.

2. frikito

frikito Muggle

High Score:
    I would become a virus. My enemies would suffer greatly.

quelovendan.com

3. syed

syed Supermod

I wonder why there has been no greater effort at improving the process. It seems to me that the skill is awesome, and makes sense to be more available.
    The marauders were capable of achieving the skill, and while black and potter were said to be top students, even Peter managed it. If he could do it, then more could do so. I bet it is due to the ministry restricting it, or the purebloods keeping the lore to themselves.

4. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Seriously though could a mod change the title of the thread, please? The word is Animagus, not Animangus.

5. etincelle047

etincelle047 Squib

High Score:
    Eagle for transportation, i'd save so much money, plus, flying!
    Dragon, because Dragon.

6. Dkapflzk

Dkapflzk Squib

High Score:
    I want to fly so I want to be a bird. but I don't want to be a insect. insects are so weak

7. disc

disc Squib

High Score:
    What forms I would want as an animagus is an interesting question. It is not something I usually think about as I would happily settle for just having magic and if I could one-up that I would pick being a metamorphmagus every time. That being said when it comes to mythological animals I'm no different than anyone else here wanting the ability to fly. Phoenix and Quetzalcoatl are among the first come to mind with a leaning towards phoenix as being able to heal people with tears would be a nice extra perk on top of flight. However on the mundane side I would go with the Turritopsis dohrnii. Yes I wouldn't get much direct fun out of being a jellyfish, but being able to be around as long as humanity is around I could choose to be so as well.

8. cecilia1991

cecilia1991 Squib

High Score:
    A knut for my thoughts

In the official page of pottermore I go out as a cat, that certainly describes correctness as I am but if I could get on something else, I would definitely choose the most magical creature that in my years of reading I was found, I speak of the kirin described by The author Fuyumi Ono in twelve kingdoms this being is perhaps one of the most magical and magnificent that he has had the pleasure of reading.

Attached Files:

9. AlPamphilii

AlPamphilii Squib

High Score:
    Non-magical animal Turritopsis nutricula, which is the immortal jellyfish. I would never transform, but I would use the shit out of the regeneration ability, Nicholas Flamel is a n00b

Magical animal I'd be a phoenix for the same damn reason; that, or a quezalcoatl, because it is majestic.

10. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    So on pottermore, they said that it is not uncommon that your animal form and patronus match. I took the quiz twice, the first time was a Sparrow and the second was a crow. I dont mind either. Common enough to blend in with muggle society and the flying is a added bonus

11. Keira

Keira Squib

High Score:
    Some kind of Bird so I could fly.

12. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

According to This one website A cat of some kind. Where are you guys getting yours? Just pulling them out of the air? Cause as I recall, Rowling said it's whatever best fist your personality.

Which makes me wonder if it changes depending on what happens in your life....

13. ihateseatbelts

ihateseatbelts Seventh Year

I feel like I identify pretty closely with the riflebird. I'm aware that it's not entirely a good thing, but at least it's fun lol.

Magical? Definitely a Niffler.

14. Aithne

Aithne Muggle

High Score:
    I've always been under the impression that one's animagus form is linked with one's personality. That said, people do change over time, yet the animagus forms seem to be set from the time the transformation is first achieved. The animagus forms I would have preferred when I was younger would have been any animal that was considered 'cool', but now all I can imagine is myself as a fluffy dog that enjoys napping in the sun while appearing adorable enough that anyone I encounter is overwhelmed with the desire to feed me snacks. :p

15. disc

disc Squib

High Score:
    I just picked out of the animals I find interesting as Momo started the thread with asking if one could have any form. That being said when it comes to the random online quizzes I tend to get birds or sea creatures so I guess I'm not that unpredictable.

The idea of one's form changing is an interesting idea. Not sure how traumatic it would have to be to cause it though considering what happened Sirius...

16. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Sirus' form was used to comfort him during much of his trauma, it kept him sane and human. If he associated himself with a dog before Azkaban, he most surely associated himself with it even more strongly afterwards. It's totally poetic that being a dog is what kept him human though.

17. pbluekan

pbluekan Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Thank you.

It isn't often mentioned, but this is probably one of the most heartbreaking things about Sirius' character. He's like the dog that waits by its master's grave: just too loyal to move on.

My own animagus forms if I could have them? I'd be a Labrador retriever, hands down. They're just too damn happy. As for magical? Gimme that unicorn form any day. Look at me, I'm a natural born virgin detector that all the hot ones love to touch.

18. ShayneT

ShayneT Squib

High Score:
    I'd be a raven/crow...you can fly, but they are common enough that you blend in. As for a magic creature....House elf baby so you could teleport...or maybe a phoenix for the same reason, plus healing tears would be pretty useful. Just pull out the Old Yeller video and a vial and you'd be set.

19. Nigma

Nigma Squib

High Score:
    Non magical: Koala Bear

They're basically the animal kingdom's version of a lush. So pretty much me as an animal, but much more adorable and lovable.

Magical: Undecided

There's just way too many amazing magical animals to choose from.