1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Anime/Manga Fanfiction List

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Paravon, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Paravon

Paravon Seventh Year

We have a good number of fans of both anime and manga and, judging by posts, there seems to be a diversity of tastes. I figured that there would be a wealth of fics that people knew of.

Since we already have a thread on Naruto, which is the biggest anime or manga fandom of them all, I figured there should be a thread for other ones.

Feel free to post any fics you recommend. Just indicate the fandom they belong to.

And make sure they're good.

I'll start this off by posting two of my favorite Bleach fics.

Fandom: Bleach

Title: Frozen Sky
    Author: Jedi Boadicea
    Rating: T
    Pairing: -
    Category: General/Drama
    Summary: Hitsugaya Toushiro is called a genius, the youngest Captain in Soul Society. What path did he walk to claim that title? See author page for spoiler warnings.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2875726/1/Frozen_Sky

The story of Hitsugaya Toushiro's rise to Captain.

Fandom: Bleach

Title: Facets
    Author: Jedi Boadicea
    Rating: T
    Pairing: -
    Category: General/Drama
    Summary: A collection of short pieces, in a companion story to Frozen Sky. What are the thoughts of those watching Hitsugaya as he makes his rise to Captain? See author page for spoiler warnings.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2879915/1/Facets

A companion piece to the former.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

o_< -points to A.D.D.- It's there if you want anime and manga.

3. Paravon

Paravon Seventh Year

A couple things to say about this.

A Demon's Desire is a separate community. It probably overlaps with members here, but it is separate. People who are on here won't necessarily have used that site. Or would even want to join a new community.

This thread is just to sate the need for anime/manga fanfiction in general among those fans here, not to become a place for real community discussion.

Why else does the lone Naruto Fanfiction List exist? It is just for recs, not to discuss. A.D.D. is a community.

A Demon's Desire focuses itself on one work in particular. It tends toward almost purely toward Naruto with some other shonen stuff (Other Anime).

Reading posts here shows that people like a lot of different works and genres.

There are more members here, and older members from across fandoms (We have people who are still reading and writing Ranma fanfics). We have a deeper pool of experience and likes to draw from.

This was meant to be a general list for gems from across the fandoms, from obscure works to ones with FMA level popularity.

In conclusion, this is a recommendation space (and only that) for a variety of fandoms (besides Naruto) - not a community - like A Demon's Desire. A little corner to sate the few of us who like anime.

And Jon, you are a thread killing whore.;)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

<_< You're asking for negrep, amirite?

I wonder how many times I'd have to negrep you until you drop below zero.

Knock yourself out with the list buddy. The original reason that it was created was so that we didn't have to go through a thread to find fics, instead we could just look at them individually and pick and choose from the recommendations.

But as I said, knock yourself out. :)