1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Anime Season: Summer 2015

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Pure Infinity, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

So, with the Summer 2015 season to start in around a week, I think it's about time for a thread. For a list of stuff that's airing see here, or alternatively, here.

It doesn't seem as packed as the Spring season, however there are a few leftovers I'll be following (Arslan Senki and Shokugeki no Souma specifically).

With Dragon Ball Chou and Durarara airing I can't help but feel extremely giddy. Prison School has been mentioned here a few times, so I might check it out as well.

2. fire

fire Order Member

Irrationally, I'm waiting for Shimoneta with high anticipation.

I agree that Summer doesn't have any real standout series that bears watching, compared to Spring or what we're expecting for Fall, but there are a couple of promising ones - Classroom Crisis, Ufotable's God Eater, and Key's Charlotte.

3. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    There's a lot of things I'm expecting to drop after one or two episodes this season and not a lot I think I'll be watching for long.
    Like Chaos Dragon, Ushio to Tora, Overlord, and Bikini Warriors.

New things I have some expectations for: GATE, DBSuper, Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa, Kangoko Gakuen.

The things I'll be continuing: Ninja Slayer (if it continues - I honestly don't know).

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  4. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll probably check out Aoharu x Kikanjuu just because Reverse Trap. I know nothing else about it.

Maybe interesting -

Chaos Dragon - ? Fantasy. Might be good?
    Charlotte - Not much to say, looks good. Might have an actual story.

Gakkou Gurashi (?) - Zombies? It might be fun?

Gate, I guess - Looks like it might turn out to be just an otaku anime, with the whole "Military Fantasy" thing.

Joukamachi - Slice of life? Eh.

Overlord - I remember being interested in the manga. Main character seems interesting. Appearance-wise, at least.

Rokka - Whoo, more fantasy!

God Eater

Guaranteed Watches:

Dragonball. Fuck yeah!

---

Overall impression of this season - Not much to be hyped for, a lot of unknowns. Everything's kind of up in the air.

5. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    None of the summaries sound in any way or form appealing. Dragonball, being the one exception, since, yeah, it's fucking Dragoball, but I'll be honest, I don't expect anything good from that either. DBZ Abridged is probably going to remain being the superior ongoing Dragonball story.

Maybe I'll check out the new Ufotable anime Godeater but it sounded generic.

Hopefully, a few of the shows will be better than they sound but so far, I have no real desire to check out any one of them.

Btw, anyone know when the new Digimon anime will air?

6. Rehio

High Score:
    God, I am so sorry.

"May 6, 2015, it was announced that tri. would not be a television series, but rather a 6-part theatrical film series, with the first movie Saikai (Reunion) to be released on November 21, 2015"

I mean.. I guess it's not a horrific change. Makes it a lot less accessible, though.

7. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Noooooooooooooooooooo

Edit: Okay, it is not that bad but I would have preferred a weekly series to a set of movies with ages inbetween them.

8. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It boggles my mind that people are excited by Dragonball...

9. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

I'm 100% in agreement with you Hugplx. It's going to be terrible and i'm going to enjoy every bit of it the rage and disappointment that will fill forums left and right.

10. Pure Infinity

I'm not going to say the Dragon Ball Z is the best anime out there. It's pretty generic if you look at it objectively, and certainly isn't going to win any awards for good story telling.

That said, it was the first anime I watched, and I'm still attached to the characters and story. I can recognize the flaws in it, sure, however this is going to be a complete nostalgia trip for me. Dragon Ball Super could be the biggest load of garbage ever produced and I'd still enjoy the hell out of it, only because it's Dragon Ball.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    I mean, I used to make jokes as a kid that all dbz was was guys yelling and the earth shaking for 20 minutes.

My prediction for the first big bad is the crew getting their asses kicked while waiting for Goku to show up.

12. Tesla

Tesla Auror

DBZ was amazing, fuck anyone who disagrees. Shit was my childhood.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    Had fucking nothing on Samurai Pizza Cats

14. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

DBZ was amazing(until Buu Saga...still hate what happened to Gohan). DBZ Super is going to go the same way that DBZ GT went is all.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    I think DBZ died for me when Cell hosted a tournament and we were forced through weeks of Hercule.

16. Rehio

High Score:
    You take that back right the fuck now. D:

Dragonball GT wasn't created by Toriyama, being a purely anime.. thing. Not based off the manga.

Toriyama, in his godliness, will be blessing us with Super.

17. Pure Infinity

People give GT more shit than it deserves. Sure it had its bad points (Guru, Vegeta's mustache, the existence of Uub, Trunks not being badass, Goku being turned into a kid, Guru), but it also had some good points, I think (a return to the adventuring aspect of Dragon Ball, a decent and conclusive ending, Pan and Goku's relationship, consequences for overusing the Dragon Balls, SSJ4 transformations, enemies based out of Saiyan lore)...

Obviously it's not as good as DB and DBZ, or as good as I expect Super to be, but it had it's moments.

18. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

Except Toriyama did write the plot for the revival of Freiza which is BS to the max. He's lost his touch. He can still bring in the millions, but to be capable of writing and maintaining a cohesive plot without trampling over his previous work? I, personally, think thats beyond him at this point.

Plus, i'll never forgive Toriyama for destroying Gohan's character in the Buu saga.

19. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

<Labeling SSJ4 as a good thing

Fucking horrible. Loss of all respect. By all accounts, Goku should have peaked at Saiyan God and that's it. Well, it was Super Saiyan God, but w/e, Saiyan God Works better, because the it at least leaves room for Super Saiyan God.

20. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Season 3 of RWBY!