1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Anime Season: Summer 2015

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Pure Infinity, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

Well, I would give the first episode a shot and plan from there. If you dislike the first episode already, chances are you won't enjoy the rest either. But, on the off chance that it's your type of humor, I'd say give it a try at least.

2. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Excuse yourself. The bulk of the show's appeal is Kiyoshi's interactions with his supporting cast and his resulting character growth. That involves the above two elements most of the time, sure, but there are plenty of instances where it doesn't- see his earth-shattering revelation during the tits vs. asses debate.

And that's the greatest pull of the story, if you ask me. It runs on fan service and over the top prison culture, but the fan service is the exact opposite of traditional anime fare. Everything in Prison School is serious, especially when it's not. I think my favorite part of the manga thus far was a recent chapter in which (spoilers):

Kiyoshi spends twenty-something pages brooding over his place in life now that he's been peed on by Hana. How can he face the girl he likes, how can he re-integrate with society? He is literally suffering from PTSD.
    The whole story is completely ridiculous but the mangaka refuses to acknowledge it in-setting. It's so good.