1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Animu, Spring 2015

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Feoffic, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

Big stupid chart image (courtesy of Neregate) and if you want to know when a show airs, check out AniChart.

Sports
    Baby Steps 2: A tennis show. I liked the first season so this one will be a watch fro me.
    Diamond no Ace - Second Season: This is the new hotness as far as long-running baseball shows are concerned.
    Shokugeki no Souma: A cooking show. It's very shounen, even for a sports series. I like the manga, so I'll give this one a look.

Tits
    Triage X: By the same folks who made Highschool of the Dead.
    Punchline: "Once he sees underwear, humanity is destroyed!?"
    High School DxD BorN: Second season. Probably not worth watching unless you already like it.

Probably Darker Than Black
    Kekkai Sensen: It's being made by Bones, so it should look good.
    Owari no Seraph: A virus kills every parent, leaving only kids left. I've been meaning to reac the manga for this one, so I might check it out.

Music
    Show By Rock!!: Another Bones show. I'm thinking it'll be like Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, but bad.
    Hibike! Euphonium: A KyoAni show about a girl who joins her school's brass band. I'm watching this, because band nerd.

Things That Will Probably Be Good
    Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season: I'm watching this. Are you watching this? You probably should.
    Gintama°: The return of one of the best comedy anime.
    Arslan Senki: The manga is great (by the aldy who did Full Metal Alchemist and Silver Spoon), so I'll be checking this one out for sure.
    Lupin III: Fuck yes. More Lupin is always good.
    Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki: Second season of Knights of Sidonia. Super good manga, but I haven't watched the first season.

Slice of Life
    Nisekoi 2: Second season. The manga is...entertaining, but ultimately kind of forgettable.

Kiddy Shit
    Digimon Adventure tri.: Yes, I think I will relive my childhood.

This isn't everything, just what immediately caught my eye for one reason or another. I'll add more when I have the time, along with direct links from the show titles to a wiki entry, or something. Maybe.

2. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Not a lot I'm that interested in. Gonna be watching:
    Sidonia 2, once I get around to finishing the first season. Art didn't leave the greatest impression, though, and I haven't heard the greatest things about the anime.
    F/SN, of course. Think everyone is watching this.
    Digimon tri. Tried to get into Xros or whatever the lastest series was called, but it didn't do it for me. Let's see if this goes better.
    Kekkai Sensen, because the concept looks pretty cool. No idea how good it'll be, though.
    Ninja Slayer. Eh. Don't know how good this'll be, but gonna check it out anyway. 3 episode rule, and all.
    DBZ: Revival of F. Because it's DBZ and I have a huge nostalgiaboner for it. This is the only anime ever I prefer the dub of, though. Japanese Goku's voice is just terrible.

3. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

Arslan Senki looks really good. Looking forwards to it.

4. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Baby Steps S2 - I don't even care for tennis, but I loved S1.

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan - Whether this show succeeds or not depends on how the characters are portrayed compared to their original counter-parts.

Gunslinger Stratos - The plot sounds interesting. Hopefully the execution is good.

Fate/Stay Night UBW - No explanation needed.

Knights of Sidonia S2 - I had fun watching season 1. The plot and supporting characters keep me interested, when the main character is sometimes lacking

Seraph of the End - Evil vampires that aren't misunderstood or sparkle in the sun? Sounds worth a watch to me.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  5. Caledfwlch

Caledfwlch Sixth Year DLP Supporter

Arslan Senki and Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka are the two I'm watching this season.

6. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Probably only gonna watch UBW and Lupin III.

7. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You had me at 'who did Silver Spoon'.

8. fire

fire Order Member

Actually, Arakawa, of FMA and Gin no Saji fame, did the art for Arslan, while the actual story was written by Tanaka Yoshiki. Arslan seems pretty good, but don't expect it to be excellent simply by virtue of its being written by Arakawa - it's not.

Anyway, Oregairu Zoku is coming out. Iirc, Nemrut Jarik enjoyed the first season. Are you guys watching the 2nd season too?

9. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

About to go overseas to Europe for 3 weeks, so gonna be a bit behind anime from this season.

But yeah, definitely planning to watch Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come ga Machigatteiru Zoku.

UBW is an obvious one.

Baby Steps 2

Knights of Sidonia -
    Still haven't seen season 1 yet, but something I plan to watch soon and then follow up with Season 2.

Bunch more in there look like they could be interesting too. Will probably give them a few eps and see what they look like, as well as what other people recommend as the season goes on. Could be a pretty promising one by the looks of it.

10. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Whit I may watch:

Kekkai Sensen (Definitely)
    Owari no Seraph (Definitely)
    Vampire Holmes (maybe)
    UBW (Yesssssssssssss)
    Highschool DxD (This too)
    The Digimonz (All of my yes)
    Kyoukai no Rinne (Also maybe)

Definitely some interesting looking anime. Looking forward to it.

11. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

I'm hoping for F/SN to reach the heights of Fate/Zero, but in that I'm expecting it'll fall just short, which will be a bit of a bummer.

12. fire

fire Order Member

I think FSN is as good as Fate/Zero, but the former is a lot more about immersing yourself into the character of Shirou, and exploring the world and experiencing relationships, from his perspective - Fate/Zero, meanwhile, is far more intense an exploration of idealism.

If you want the best of FSN, you'll have to read the original visual novel, honestly. Ufotable's UBW isn't bad, but it's not going to reach the heights that the original VN achieved.

13. Sechrima

Sechrima Disappeared

I'll be watching:

• Arslan Senki
    • Kekkai Sensen
    • Knights of Sidonia S2 (have just started watching S1)
    • Seraph of the End
    • Highschool DxD BorN (after I've watched the previous seasons, been meaning to for a while)
    • Unlimited Blade Works (again, after watching all the stuff leading up to this, which I realise is a lot)

14. Feoffic

Tanaka is the original creator, but as far as I can tell he isn't writing the manga adaptation by Arakawa. He probably has some form of oversight as the original creator, but probably not on the level as a true co-creator.

On that note, I'd strongly recommend folks to go watch the movie adaptations of the Arslan story that were done in the 90's, and I make this recommendation on the strength of the art alone.

15. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

I'm watching way too many shows this season... :facepalm

I have a lot of free time right now, so I'm watching more than twenty shows. I'll probably have dropped several of them in a few weeks, but...

In any case, the first episode of UBW was awesome, as Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku and DxD BorN. Denpa Kyoushi seems really cliche, but the first episode wasn't bad. Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka had an interesting first episode, I like the MC enough to warrant watching a little more.

Not a big fan of Gunslinger Stratos so far - the protagonist is boring, and, of course, wants to be normal. So of course he won't be, in any way. Plastic Memories looks to be full of feels - I can already tell the series' ending is going to be extremely sad.

Kekkai Sensen has an interesting art style, and a story which kept me interested throughout the episode. Owari no Seraph looks like it could be good, but the ambiguous yet strangely specific prophecy left a bad taste in my mouth.

Shokugeki no Souma looks like it's going to be a fun ride. I tend to avoid anime about cooking, however this one had me laughing throughout.

16. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Heads up to everyone who wants to watch Owari no Seraph. It is predictable as fuck, even for a manga.

The main characters family being killed, his best friend being changed into a vampire, and being seated next to the delinquent he got into a fight with earlier were all so obvious, it's just downright retarded. The issue isn't just predictability though. Conversations between characters who are plotting something are completely lacking in subtlety and tact.

With that being said; the setting, the mystery of the apocalypse virus, and the monsters are very interesting. I'm going to keep reading the manga for that if nothing else. Hopefully, the anime will be more subtle and change things around, but so far it's looking like it won't amount to much more than a typical Shounen with an interesting premise.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  17. coleam

coleam Death Eater

If you like romance, Ore Monogatari is turning out pretty good. As an added bonus, it also includes the world's greatest bromance.

18. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So, going to be checking out these series:

Hibike! Euphonium, which has a solid start with its first few episodes. Can't say it's amazing but I like it.

Oregairu Zoku, of course, which had a good start with the conflict between the two leads.

UBW, once I catch up to the episodes of last season. Last one, I think.

Digimon Tri because it is my favourite Digimon cast returning with new adventures.

19. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

Arslan Senki is three episodes in, now, and I'm enjoying the crap out of it. The original creator also wrote Legend of the Galactic Heroes, so I'm preparing to take notes, as in depth political shenanigans are sure to follow soon.

Owari no Seraph has disappointed me overall. The second episode killed any excitement I had, and the third was just as bad. The main character isn't completely horrible, but the rest of the cast is. Not to mention the oh so original high school setting.

20. Feoffic

Bad News: The new Lupin III anime wont air in Japan until fall, but will air in Italy starting in May (for reasons).

Good News: Here's a trailer!

I am so looking forward to this.