1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Another short story

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Bukay, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Bukay

Bukay Professor DLP Supporter

It would appear that on July 20th 2010 Another anthology edited by P.N.Elrod will be published - Dark and Stormy Knights.

It seems that this will be the Marcone POV story Butcher mentioned a few times during signings and interviews. I'm buying it anyway, but I hope that it will be included in Side Jobs.

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I think a Marcone POV will be interesting. He's a bad guy, that's for sure, but sort of curious about the glimpses we see where he isn't a jerk. I.e. Some of the times he works with Harry, insisting that Ivy go up in the helicopter first or with him, etc.

Could be he's a full-time all around asshole, and is merely playing at this stuff with an ulterior motive in mind.

Could be that he's geniune and became the ass-kicking criminal type in order to try and bring some semblance of order to the underworld.

Or any number of other things. Point is that I'm not sure and I hope the POV will clarify. Not too much, but maybe a bit.

Oh, and yeah, I know we saw the Soul Gaze in, I think, Foul Moon, but if I recall correctly Dresden thought that Marcone got a lot more out of it than he did. All Dresden saw was how, uhm, hell, I can't remember... was it like an empty refridgerator or something? I don't have the book with me.

3. Ceebee

Ceebee High Inquisitor

They Gaze in Storm Front, and Dresden sees that Marcone is very pissed about Tommy Tomm's death, along with the fact that Marcone is practically a sociopath in how he operates, he just views everything as business; especially the killing of people.

And that there is one thing that Marcone would do or give anything to erase, and that his where he draws his strength.

From Death Masks(?) we know that it's about the little girl who got caught in the crossfire.

4. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Yeah, I know that about the girl -- but that's another aspect to things. Does he truly care about her or does he play it that way? Does he draw strength from it for some reason other than that she got hurt? Doubtful, because of the shroud fiasco, but he is one crafty SOB.

Eh, he's probably what he seems to be. Which I like because it makes for a great character and sets him apart from the other villains in the books.

I like the description of everything, especially the killing of people, to be business.

5. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm a huge fan of Marcone, so I have to say I am definitely looking forward to this.