1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Anti-Cliche Naruto Thread.

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Verse of Darkness, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

Similar to the HP one, but Naruto style.

* Yamato training Naruto at a young age (figuring out how to work this one out).
    * Different Summons (turtles, wolves, giraffes, etc.)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  2. Bob

Bob Squib

^Doesn't Gai summon turtles?

*Orochimaru not betraying Konoha.( the Sennin staying together )

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Yamato...? There's not a whole lot of stuff he could teach. His Mokuton techniques are bloodline exclusive...he only has them due to Orochimaru's experiments. And different summons being original? Umm...NO. The fox contract is the most cliched, but other 'unique' summons have been done ad nauseum as well. To be original, one might try giving him slug summons like Tsunade's. There was also that one fic that gave him a snake contract...can't remember the title offhand, but I've heard it's quite excellent. :)

4. KeshinNoAkui

KeshinNoAkui Seventh Year

Naruto is able to out-run Chuunins after defacing the Hokage mountain, but is still an Academy student.

Why not have the ANBU take notice of his tracking/evasion skills and recruit him? Yes, Naruto being ANBU before he's Genin is sorta cliche, but at least it would be a good reason. Not to mention it sets up for a sorta Super!Naruto. =P

Also a blind Naruto would be nice, however it can't have slash, and he can't develop a technique that lets him see. =P And no Dojutsu's please.

5. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

Lol, Nine-Tailed Serpents? The latest chapter of that fic has gotten me hooked on Naruto fics and had made me decide to start this one, with Yamato somehow being important. The thing is, Yamato had always taught him how to use his base form because of the Kyuubi slowly causing his body to decade due to his fragile body. However, there is a reason why Yamato is keeping hold of Naruto though mainly is to keep his body from decaying. Its kind of Yamato being his "supervisor" as he undergoes training since I doubt I'm having him attend the Academy.

I'm talking of a more indepth summoning (Naruto summoning Genbu, King of Turtles, etc.)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  6. Lunarian

Lunarian Third Year

There's one thing I can think of that never seems to be done but could be good if it was, even if only done as a short thing.

Show what would really happen to these people that are magically placed into the Naruto world, those stories where the author and friend are pulled in. The girl thinks Gaara is so hot or whatever, let her see how he would realistically react to them. Seriously if a regular person was suddenly put into a world of ninja's and tried to act along with them... the only future I can see is being slowly crushed to death within a cacoon of sand.

Basically a marysue that think's they're great then gets ass handed to herself and dies a very painful death. Don't see enough of that.

7. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Naruto raised in any village besides Suna and Konoha.

8. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

-Naruto/Tsunami

An original paring, really if he people think he can get with Tsunade why not her? At least shes closer to his age group.

-Coils Idea

When Narutos' soul is infused with the Kyuubis' his human chakra coils are devoured by the demonic chakra that leaks from the seal as it locks the Kyuubi inside his navel. The demon chakra instead of returning to the Kyuubi and imprisonment instead houses itself inside the container and forces his body to develop demon coils to replace the ones it destroyed.

-limits

The Demonic chakra is incredibly powerful but equally difficult to control, continuously rebelling against its human wielder unless in times of dire need.

-Bonuses/Downsides

The chakra warps all the jutsu he preforms, sometimes creating entirely different results than it should or negating it all together. (This could be done by having the chakra force him to use incorrect seals depending on what it wants to do or what needs to be done to insure survival)

9. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

hmm...looks like this one got replaced by the 'naruto fic ideas' thread...well i'll just post my idea again if only to raise my post count :)

- naruto being the genjutsu user (trained by kurenai :)) in his team (screw sakura)

10. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Never seen one where Naruto is trained by Kisame BEFORE he became Akatsuki. Heh, Naruto the Shaver of death... Hehe...

11. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

as long as naruto learns some bad ass water jutsu (go suiryuudan no jutsu :D)

- naruto learning to open the celestial gates like lee can. though i actually don't like fics were naruto is mostly or purely focused on taijutsu this should work out fine for him. whereas other people seriously get fucked up by opening them it shouldn't be that much of a bother for naruto with the kyuubi healing him (well at least to the degree that he can continue fighting though a bit handicapped)

12. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

Heh, I have a bunch of weird ideas for Naruto, but since I’m writing my own fic I won’t tell you about them, Ha!

As for the summons, if you’ve noticed, the Great Summon are cold blooded creatures, reptiles and amphibians. The only mammals that are as big as the Great Summons (such as Gamabunta and Manda) are the Bijuu or Tailed Demons. Or at least that’s what I’ve seen so far, warm blooded creatures, like dogs, wolfs, birds and such don’t reach even a third of a Great Summons size, and then, only by the use of ninjutsu (like when Kiba and Akamaru turn into that huge two-headed dog). So if your looking for different summons, maybe some kind of lizard would be more appropriate?

As for an idea, how’s this: make him train under Tsunade from a young age and actually turn him into a Medic-nin.

13. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

hmm...already saw this one done once or twice but the authors seriously botched them. also don't like the idea that much cause naruto will always have to stick to hand-to-hand combat for the medic jutsus (like the chakra scalpel). but for people who enjoy that kind of stuff...why not?

about the summons:
    yeah...those 3 summons seem to be the only ones that huge at the boss level so far. but that doesn't mean that the other boss summons have to be inferior. while the big summons crush everything with their size that strange monkey that the sandaime summoned for example can turn itself into a staff...admittedly that's rather lame but that's just an example for what other abilities beside the size boss summons can have. so with a little bit of imagination the author can still make the fights somewhat even. so even if your theory about cold blood creature summons and their size is correct you still shouldn't limit yourself to them just for that (like the lizard idea anyway... a monster lizard with a bad ass frill-neck :))

14. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Dude! You're an idiot, I swear. It is as hard as diamond and fuck up basically anything. Not to mention it can change it's size and grow body part's out of anyplace of the staff. Enma > You. :\

15. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

ok...ok...enma owns me -.- man that's just like this deidara discussion...'sigh'
    i can just see the parallels:
    tiny exploding birds VS massive monster claws made of sand
    &
    enma the tensile stick VS more than just huge monster summons
    which one is more impressive?

man...i'm fine with some random lower monkey doing this tricks but we're talking about the boss summon. yeah yeah it's hard as diamond (but still whines when being hit by this cheap looking kusanagi sword for some reason) and it can elongate itself...that's all nice and fine but i'd seriously rather have a giant snake at my disposal than a talking staff. so manda>enma>me =/

16. darkinferno9908

darkinferno9908 Second Year

Okay, since this is being done I can bounce ideas for my 2 \Naruto fics off of you guys:

Hidden in the Red Dawn
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Pairings: NaruKin GarIno

The general plot:
    Team 7 has never been a normal 'team', their entire relationship revolves around both the respect they have for each other and the hate that they have for each other. Sasuke, whom was brought back before he made it to Orochimaru, Naruto, and Sakura all decide that they will leave the village and seek their own ways of life.

In all tact; Naruto joins the Atatsuki along with Gaara, Ino, and Kin (there's a deeper premise to it) and various things, Sakura becomes the Onikage after certian events, and Sasuke...well Sasuke's off getting laid?

I'm not sure where I'm going with this one just yet but it's coming along as I write.

Demons of Jigoku
    Genre: ???
    Pairings (Main): Naruto/TenTen
    Summary: Hell, the burning pits where all whom have done wrong go to once their lives are over. The place where those whom are the darkest beyond dark dwell in the pain that they have caused others. This is a story about those demons whom survived... those demons whom made it through the darkness to be reborn. The Demons of Jigoku.

Demons (Original): Naruto, Anko, Kabuto, Haku, Zabuza, Orochimaru, Anko, Kisame, Itachi.
    Demons (On-coming): Lee, Gaara, ?????

Jigoku is a shinobi prison, one in which all of the countries created together. The only ones whom know about it are the people whom are in it, and those whom work there. It's called 'hell' because of it's harsh enviroments and such. (Located in a fire country Volcano though I don't mention that) The maximum sentence that one serves there is 10 years.

Naruto was placed in Jigoku at birth because of his holding of Kyuubi. "He will die within those 10 years." says the council. They never expect someone to start taking care of him though.

The 9 meet over the years and among time become family. Family with one thing in mind though "If something ever comes up where our goals cross, one of us will die." (meaning that the Zabuza/Haku deaths still happen, Orochimaru and Sasuke have nice butt sec....whoa I didn't just go there; and other things)

These summarys suck bad but you get the general idea; tell me what you think?

17. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Ah sorry man. What I meant was that Enma has his own abilities that make up for him not being extremely big. His abilitties fit him though, having him as a gigantic summon just wouldn't feel right. With Slug's, Snakes and Toad's it works because they arn't humanoid, but a gigatic monkey just wouldn't feel right.

18. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

hmm...yeah i know that was the point of my last post (not just relying on size bla bla) but i still felt that the staff henge is nothing compared to the power the size brings with it. i'm not that good at imagining things but if i'd have to come up with a monkey summon to equal a gigantic snake i'd probably just make him a little bit bigger (i know i said size shouldn't be the point but he's just barely bigger than human) and let him have super speed and flexibility (fighting style rather like the inuzuka's with the tsuuga and all the shit) and let him dance on the bigger one's body while shredding it apart. what i thought was a cool ability that could at boss level easily match the great summons size is the power of the strange one eyed weasel that temari used. don't think that was the weasel boss but even that one had a great effect by cutting a good portion of the forest down. so give the boss a bit more cutting power and i think it should be able to hold itself against a bigger summon.

19. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

Hidden in the Red Dawn

if i got that right then your story starts with the battle at 'the valley of the end' or right after it. this respect/hate relationship may be true for naruto and sasuke after the fight but that doesn't by any means apply to sakura. it's evident in canon that she was always in love with sasuke and has developed a friendship with naruto over the time as team 7.

that's as it is now just unrealistic...while sasuke is the type to do that (as if the hokage would allow him to just walk out after capturing him...) naruto and sakura still have strong ties with konoha. there would have to be some major event that would lead them to leave too.

can't really see how ino and kin would even want to or more important be allowed to join the akatsuki. those two really have nothing the akatsuki would be interested in. besides, you have no connection to kin. she hasn't made an appearance since the chuunin exams in canon.

so...as you can see i'm not very fond of that idea. has just too many flaws.

Demons of Jigoku

ehh...seriously...what is lee doing there?

putting a newborn into a facility for the worst criminals on the continent...that's a bit gross. if the sandaime would have been fine with that he could have just agreed with outright execution. take something more believable...perhaps the council framing naruto for some evil crimes later on (he should at least be able to walk and speak -.-) and let him be locked away (though then outright execution would still be more likely =/)

looks like some kind of second akatsuki to me...but that's ok...it think. i assume you want them to train naruto but i can't really see how they'd even let highly ranked criminals mold chakra there...

hope you don't plan to have him be enrolled in the ninja academy after 10 years of sentence and then let him be stuck in team 7 to go to wave and do all the other shit that plainly follows canon...

not really sure about this one...think it wouldn't be too bad but this one definitely needs a bit of rethinking

btw: sorry for the double post but the edit button on my former post was already gone =/

20. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

I'm posting this to see what you guys think, since I already have a basic outline of this idea and what would be the first chapter is already written, but, like many stories before it, I'm hesitating to post it and continuing it. Anyways, here’s the idea I'm using, and I've only seen it used once, and at that, its not being used to its full potential.

What if the Aburame Clan had taken Naruto in as a request by the Yondaime Hokage? Using the Kakkai Bugs as a complement to the Seal keeping the Kyuubi at bay. The Bugs would help him regulate and control his Chakra, eat enough of it when he is young to allow him to learn precise control until he can do it himself and at the same time give him a method to defend himself until he learns to be a ninja.

All at once, being raised by the secluded Aburame Clan, he would be more objective, analytical and his education and personality would be better grounded. And with the Sandaime's interest in his training, his taijutsu wouldn't be neglected, since he has so much stamina. Besides, can you imagine Naruto, with all that boundless energy living among the very silent, very reserved Aburame Clan?

Then again, with the Kakkai Bugs, Naruto would not have to rely on the Kyuubi in this story as much, and if he does, the effects could be quite interesting, I think. In any case, the Fic that got me thinking about this is named "All for One," which is based more on how many girls he can hook up with and not how he can combine all the different abilities he has and actually use them.