1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Anti-Cliche Naruto Thread.

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Verse of Darkness, Jul 25, 2006.

1. KeshinNoAkui

KeshinNoAkui Seventh Year

One thing I can't shake about Kishimoto, Naruto (in it's entirety, not the character) is a lot like Harry Potter, in a sense. Like Harry Potter, Kishimoto has introduced a significant number of characters, that serve 1-2 purposes in their career (that's shown anyways), then are dealt away with, or are strictly ignored.

This is known as making blank-sheet characters, when the author introduces someone, gives basically 0 information about them, then shoves them into the background. However, one thing I love about Naruto and HP is the sheer number of blank-sheet characters, cause they give you physical looks (which in my opinion, are the hardest part of making a character), and basically leave you to develop techniques/personality/morals/quirks/etc.

As for training, unless you have very low reserves *coughSakubitchcoughcough*, it will only help you with control. I think actually using chakra-intensive moves (Dragon Fire, for example), would drain your reserves, and (theoretically) let you grow. It's sorta like lifting weights. After a certain amount of time with a set limit, you will cease to grow as your bodies grown use to using a certain amount of energy to lift them. If you increase the amount of weight/lifts you do, not only do you force your body to increase the energy output, but you also allow your muscles to grow accustomed to the increase, and thusly you can repeat the cycle.

But that's just my view on it.

2. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

take kakashi for example. he is a ninja who is since childhood (he graduated really really early...chuunin at 6 or something like that) on duty and probably already performed many jutsus as a genin and chuunin. then he became jounin at the age of 13 and got the sharingan. from there on he copied and copied jutsus for another 13 years (wiki says he's 26 in part 1). so now he's ninja that knows and has performed enough jutsus to become a kage (1000+). if everyone's chakra pool is infinite so they can fill it endlessly i would think that he'd already have a godlike amount of it. but still he becomes drained to the point of fainting after some mizu bunshins, a suiryuudan, a water explosion technique and the use of his sharingan. while some of this stuff is pretty high leveled i'd still think that with the 'chakra training' he's done he should have a lot more. so i think that he simply has at one point in time reached his limit.

nah...that's not what i meant. my opinion is that only your chakra pool is limited. basically everyone begins at 0 and then can train until they reach their maximum. it's not that you just start with an unchangeable amount of chakra. so you train and train but eventually you reach your limit of chakra that you can hold.

sure you can increase the weights all you want but at one time you'll no longer be able to carry them. that's when you reach your limit. while other persons who are biologically better suited can still go on you simply can't. so if it's the same with chakra then i think that there simply are some people who can't and will never be able to do some high level stuff like the 'karyuu endan'.

ah...and really no one here that wishes to defend sakura-chan's ('shudder') honor?:D

3. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

No that can make sense, Kakashi got his sharingan at thirteen right? Well whats stopping him from using it as a crutch? I mean it can cast genjutsu, reak major phsycolgial damage and copy every thing in sight, shit we'd all probably get used to not having to do much work. Also the fact is that he may have copied many jutsu but that doesn't mean hes used every single one.

Take it like this, he, during a spying mission, copies a jutsu that makes pies tasty. (Not realistc but bah) That doesn't mean he will ever use this jutsu, but he still knows it.

Also, just because he is jonin doesn't mean that he has a large chakra pool. Say Rock Lee becomes Jonin, does that mean he suddenly developed a decent chakra system? No, it doesnt'. You can still be a decent shinobi with little to no chakra.

See, if you start with zero chakra, you were either a miss carry or a literal poster child for abortion. I understand the thing about muscles and stuff but we got a woman that can cause earthquakes by punching the ground, that kinda tells me that your muscles CAN go past the limit. In Naruto at least.

4. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Not quite. Normally, Tsunade and Sakura are your average woman. Except they've trained themselves to such fine chakra control, they can fortify their arm muscles many times without putting much strain on them. They practise until it becomes second nature.

Also, it does put strain on the body as shown by Tsunade's fight against orochimaru when she's wacking him around while holding his tongue.

5. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Time to pull my trump card out; Orochimaru.

Everytime he has changed bodies it seem's he has kept his fighting skills, which means he also kept near his chakra amount. Now, Since it is 'predetermined at birth' a persons Max Chakra capacity, then it should be reasonable to assume that each of the people he has chose to inhabit has had huge chakra capacities, enough to rival Orochimaru's.

I find this hard to believe, does anyone else? :) I'd say they'd have been large, but it still doesn't mean that they would be able to contain all the Chakra his original body had. Which means they should have died along with him. Thus it is possible to increase your chakra capacity in some way beyond the norm.

Does anyone honestly believe Sasuke has an amazing amount of chakra? Cause I sure as fuck don't. Orochimaru wouldn't be caught dead in a body which didn't have enough chakra to do the techniques he wanted to learn. Which would be enough to rearrange a landscape permanently. Need I go on? Oh, I don't NEED to, but I will.

Chakra is the result of mixing Ki and Chi. Ki is bodily energy, while Chi is Mental energy. Your ability to hold Chi is basically unlimited as it as they've said ' gained from experiences' Ki is just your body being trained and it's durability, aka Stamina.

Now here is the kicker.

Because Orochimaru has massive amounts of Chi, his Ki is able to move up to normal quickly, and by normal, I don't mean the body's normal, I mean HIS normal, Normal being the exact equivalent.

6. KeshinNoAkui

I recall reading on the Wiki that if he transfers into a weaker body, he has 3 years till he has to switch, as his excess chakra becomes too much for the body, and starts to destroy it.

Hence why he's beefed up Sasuke's training, he wants him to be his equal (or even superior) so when he switches souls, he can safely reside in it for more than 3 years, without having to switch to another.

I think there's more to his body-switch, but I can't remember everything from the Wiki-site about it...

7. Jon

Living Corpse Reincarnation

• Name: Fushi Tensei, 不屍転生, literally "Living Corpse Reincarnation"
    • Type: Kinjutsu, S-class, Supplementary
    • Users: Orochimaru
    This kinjutsu, developed by Orochimaru, allows him to transfer his mind to someone else's body. If repeated periodically, it basically grants the user immortality as long as the user can find new host bodies. Orochimaru can only perform this technique once about every three years. It also seems that when the three years are almost over, he is forced to move into another host, as the previous one begins to reject him. However this may just be if the quality of the host isn't up to the power Orochimaru contains. If he had a proper container, it is believed that he could stay in the host indefinitely.

Your arguement is not canon, but it can be considered semi-valid.

8. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

that's all fine and probably even true but you forget that the use of the sharingan is more taxing for kakashi than the average uchiha since he hasn't the right body for it. so using it to do those things you mentioned above is probably more chakra consuming than using a jutsu with the same effect. if he really used his sharingan for every little shit then he surely trained his chakra capacity as effective or even more so than the normal way by casting jutsus. plus the fact that he can't turn off the sharingan puts a constant strain on his chakra (lessened by the eye-cover) so he wouldn't just increase his pool while actively using it but also when doing nothing (even if it's not that much then). so i still think he should have much more than he has now if it weren't for that that he already reached his limit.

true...but it's also safe to assume that he's still used a large number of jutsus from his 1000+ copied ones. if he doesn't want to perform a jutsu that make pies tasty that's his loss for it is awesome :)

again true...but lee is a special case cause he has this special condition. the norm would still be that you have a good amount of chakra simply due to the number of jutsus and the training you have undergone on your way to the jounin rank. and since good jutsus tend to need more chakra (except the kawarimi -.-) and because you in all likeliness need them to accomplish A and S class missions you should really have enough chakra to pull those off.

not really...orochimaru just happens to have filled his chakra pool to the limit (he's quite old now). that amount of chakra he has sure is awesome but who says that the chakra pools of the prodigies he seeks out are that much smaller? once they would be as old as orochimaru is they sure would have reached their maximum and have an amount of chakra near his level. i think when he looks for suitable host then he puts the potential chakra pool into great consideration. sure those prodigies are probably quite rare but till he finds one he just uses a 'one-way' body for 3 years till that one is destroyed due to the excess chakra.

ahh...come on. he's an amazing prick and all but i still think he has a large chakra pool that suits orochimaru's needs.

huh? got a different explanation here where chakra is not ki+chi but ki is stamina = chi is chakra. got this from narutofan.com:
    http://www.narutofan.com/index.php/content-Ninja Guide,chakra control. it basically says that stamina is converted into chakra. you do this change with the hand seals. it also says that there's no way to convert chakra back into stamina so orochimaru shouldn't be able to do that.

9. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

Yes but the Kyuubi himself does this doesn't he? Sure he is a demon and all but he is still an animal. I see him using chakra all the time to heal wounds and and all that, isn't that converting it back into stamina?

I agree with Surarrin about chakra, I was wanting to say the same thing just couldn't find the right words.

10. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

i don't really see the kyuubi chakra or any medical jutsu healing wounds as transfering chakra into stamina again. it's the chakra's effect to accelerate the cell regeneration so that the injury heals and not simply turning chakra into stamina again. if you could do that you'd probably wouldn't need any medical jutsus...you wouldn't have to bother with molding the chakra in the right way to have the desired effects (like you mold chakra for a katon to burn, you mold it to heal) but could just push raw chakra into the body. so what i think is that the kyuubi's demonic chakra already has the ability of 'medic chakra'.
    as to the kyuubi's chakra making naruto fit again: i think it's rather like what tsunade does when smashing boulders. she uses it to enhance 'her' strength by gathering chakra into her fists. so when the kyuubi's chakra fills naruto's body he practically only moves due to this chakra in his whole body. it's not as if this chakra refills his own stamina. so if he's already tired before he uses the red chakra, he'll be tired again when it leaves him (like when he fought gaara). hope i conveyed it comprehensibly :|

11. Jon

Uh, actually it has the opposite effect when active, Kyuubi's chakra that is. It only heals him because I assume the fox needs him alive still. *innocent smile.*

12. KeshinNoAkui

You'd assume that, if it wasn't for the fact he tries to kill Naruto by forcing too much demon chakra through his coils. At first the damage is minor, but it'll kill him faster than he thinks.

13. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

It depends really. o_o I mean, the more Naruto uses the Kyuubi, the more he weakens the seal... which is why the Kyuubi feeds him his chakra.

14. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

well...healing is healing. and the damaging effect only takes place if it's too much for the body to handle (when the amount is so large that it forms the fox armor around him). i think that if you constantly release that much it will always harm you no matter if demonic or human. but my point in the last post actually was that chakra-->stamina shouldn't be possible.

nah kyuubi isn't a fan of suicide...even if he pumps naruto up to the point of physical injury he has never gone as far as damaging him beyond repair (even if that's just because he can repair a lot).

15. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

Aye but it also should't be possible for a shinobi to jump 500 feet in the air, to summon, turn blood into sand, seal shit in scrolls, or for demons to exist, or for the most powerful demon in teh univers to fear anything but death, or Orochimaru to switch bodies or ressurect the dead -Thats breaking the freakin laws of life and death, impossibilities Huzzaaah!

I stand by my childish tirade :)

16. KeshinNoAkui

Actually he forces the chakra through his coils so Naruto loses control of it. Once it happens, the seal will break and Kyuubi will be unleashed again.

17. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

i know that...but you said something about killing naruto. the kyuubi has never pushed that much chakra into naruto that he was permanently damaged by it. since the process to break the seal is rather long he'll be wary to let naruto die before he's reached the final 9th tail. once he's gotten that far it probably will no longer matter if naruto dies or not. but till then everything else would be suicide.

18. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

/bump

Danzou somehow getting over the council and reinstating ROOT, sort of combining his forces with the ANBU and whatnot. The worse part is, he managed to grasp his claws into Naruto. Sort of a different twist rather than the ANBU!Naruto. And... Naruto could befriend Sai.

19. Jon

They wouldn't be friends. I've put my hands on that idea a bit, but I haven't gotten a way that i'd like to write it. Besides I have three Naruto stories already that arn't finished. :(

20. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

can't really see them becoming friends either. if he's instated as a small child he'll just become another emotionless guy as all the other nameless ninjas roots spawns. so basically you'd put too zombies together and they've got few things to base their friendship on.
    well...don't really like sai anyway =/