1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Any good Shirou/Rin fics?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by chriar, Oct 17, 2015.

1. chriar

chriar Third Year

I finally got around to finishing the second half of FSN and was wondering if there are any good Shirou/Rin fics other than Unfinished Business and if there are any good post war fics?

2. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Unfortunately, no. You'll find that F/SN is pretty barren and half of what you'll find are crossovers. The best post-war fic is Fate/Hollow Ataraxia :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, Hearts of the Suffering is a decent post-war fic, but it's been a while since I've read it so I can't give you much more detail than that. Arashi Leonhart is a pretty good author though, so at the very least it won't be a bad fic.

As for Shirou and Rin, you won't find anything outside of scattered oneshots(most of which are smut).

3. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

I really liked What Remains, which was a super feelsy Rin/Shirou fic. It's a collection of one shots of Rin as she tries to maintain a relationship with a Shirou who has become a Counter Guardian.

Apart from pure ShirouRin fics, amongst the non-crossovers you have Chaos Theory (Alternative War), The World Without (Alternative War), Fate ZeroNight (Post-HGW Shirou goes back in time), Lancer Gets Serious (Alternative War), Contractual Obligations (Archer goes back to Saber's time) and Path of the King (Heavily alternative war and semi xover with the rest of the Nasuverse) as fics worth checking out. The first two in particular are quality fics, and the others are still pretty enjoyable.

Then there's a whole bunch of crossovers too, some which aren't too bad...

Also, when you say you've finished the second half of FSN, I'm assuming you just mean UBW and haven't seen Heaven's Feel yet? Because a lot of these things will heavily spoil HF for you (whether you plan to wait for teh ufotable movies or read the VN). Have you seen Fate Zero?

4. chriar

chriar Third Year

I've watched Fate/Zero, sadly I heavily spoiled HF for myself a while ago. I just finished Path of The King and really enjoyed it, though it seems like its Shirou/Caster at the moment.

5. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Moved to the Story Search board.

6. Coffee Break

Coffee Break First Year

Another non-crossover is From Fake Dreams which seems to be rather divisive around here but it has a lot of interesting ideas and does at least update regularly.

Path of the King Executes the same premise better but it has a slow update rate. Despite starting over 4 years ago and running at almost 300,000 words it still hasn't reached the Holy Grail War yet and isn't likely to do so anytime soon given the current story arc.

7. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

As for good Shirou/Rin fics, I share your pain in not finding many good ones. But while on the subject of good Fate fics, I've been reading off of this thread over at Beast's Lair for good fics.

Check out 'Tainted Ideals' in particular. Features an alternative Shirou that was adopted by Kotomine instead, and as a result of growing up alongside Rin there's some chemistry there. Sadly been abandoned for years, but still one of the best Fate/Stay Night stories I've come across.

8. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Does Archer count? :D

9. chriar

chriar Third Year

Thanks for all the recommendations. I really liked What Remains. It was the fluff that I was looking for. From Fake Dreams and Path of the King I already read but were really great.
    I thought Fate ZeroNight was ok, but didn't like either of the Aozakis or Shirou's characterization. Solfege no it doesn't :)