1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Are You A Werewolf: The Beginner's Cup

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Huh, missed that post while I was reading through the thread, I was going off his post on page five where he accused you.
    Lochness: If I'm reading this right, you think Xantam and I are werewolves, right?

---------- Post automerged at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

Ninja'd, fuck.

2. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

With a majority of 3 votes, Schrodinger has been lynched! He was a......

WEREWOLF

Final Tally:

Schrodinger: 3
    LochNess, The Great Pandemonium, Rubicon

Abstained: 2
    Xantam, Schrodinger

Day 5 is now over and night 5 has begun. Day 6 will begin when the werewolves make their kill or at 11:30 PM EST on Tuesday the 27th.

---------- Post automerged at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

The shortest night in Mafia History is over!

Rubicon's body has been found! He was a....

VILLAGER

Three people remain: LochNess, Xantam, The Great Pandemonium.

One Werewolf: ?????????????????????????????????????????????

You have until 11:30 PM EST on Tuesday the 27th to lynch. If no lynch is made, the game ends with a Werewolf victory.

Two votes are needed to lynch.

Good Luck.

3. The Great Pandemonium

The Great Pandemonium Fourth Year

Lets get this over with.

Vote Player: Xantum

4. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

You have literally spelled my name wrong every time we voted. Fuck you.
    Plus, I was away during the vote, but I'm glad we finally got a werewolf.
    And as I early stated, you were my pick for a definite werewolf.

Vote Player: The Great Pandemonium

5. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Okay well now I really hope my reasoningwas righ as we are so so close. The Great Pandomonium, if you are a wolf, well played.

Vote Player: Xantam

---------- Post automerged at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

Whoops, sorry for all the typos, I am currently on my computer that I can't see what I type as I type

6. Vesvius

The game is over.

Xantam has been lynched.

He was a...............

VILLAGER

That means the winners are:

SCHRODINGER AND THE GREAT PANDEMONIUM

WEREWOLF VICTORY

Congrats to the werewolves!

A few game notes:

1. I was sure that I put in all the PMs that only the Werewolves and the Seer got QTs. I checked that after it came up and I only put it in the Villagers topics. My apologies to iLost, but it really never occured to me that people would actually discuss their QTs in game. I've learned something new today.

2. I have absolutely no idea how the Town didn't lynch Schrodinger when he went on his must lynch tirade early on in the game. No idea. Even if I didn't know who he was, that screamed scum.

3. TGP played a textbook lurker game. Good on you.

4. The werewolf targets were fairly random, I think. Maybe Schrodinger and TGP had some elaborate conversations that they didn't put in their QTs, but I don't think so. But even so, their kills all turned out to be pretty damn good.

In the end, the werewolves weren't spectacular, but they were passable. But the town turned out to be it's own worst enemy.

If anyone else has any commentary, especially from the experienced mafia players, please chime in.

I hope you all enjoyed your first (or in some cases 2nd or 3rd) game, and I hope to see you in many more.

And look out for the next version of this! Same exact rules, 13 new players! Sign ups will open soon!

7. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Guess who feels like an idiot for not going with his gut? Not that I could have mustered a bandwagon on Schro on Day 2 with the rest of the town acting like scum, but still. And he did a pretty good job of playing town towards the end.

TGP was my number one lurker wolf candidate as well, but no one seemed to want to go along with that one either...

Well played, both of you.

8. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Horrible game on the towns part but grats to the Werewolves none the less.

TGP: YOu played a textbook lurker as Ves said and you did it quite well. However if you were the only lurker I feel things would have gone quite differently. Having Duke completely absent really helped you out. A lurker to your degree would normally be killed off early.

Schro: Good job man. You made some early slip ups that screwed you over later on but you really wised up fast and posted at the level of the other Townies.

@Ves: ITs hard to peg Dumb!Scum when you have Retarded!Town.

And over all I have to apologize, my tl;dr really screwed us over in the long run. Next game, with some info roles lol, will be a lot different.

9. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Good job werewolves, you guys did well. Sorry town that I was completely off base and screwed you all over.

10. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Damn. And I was so sure Xantam was a wolf.

Well done wolves.

11. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Kinda wish I had been lynched earlier, at least then people would have stopped focusing on me, and maybe found the wolves. Eh, I guess my pretty erratic posts probably didn't help town much.

12. Schrodinger

High Score:
    That was pretty freaking close, but I've gotta say that I'm surprised we won. In all honesty, i was playing like shit. On the other hand, it did serve to take most of the heat off of TGP unti the end: at least enough to give him sufficient townie cred last day to lynch xantam with LochNess's help.
    The thing where Duke got switched in was kinda a cheap shot: I feel if we hadn't gotten an assured townie at the last moment, we could have won without me being lynched.
    Lochness's analysis was good, but fortunately, off: when I was protecting Xantam, it was usually because I felt that it would strengthen my townie points. Didn't realize it could be seen as scum protecting scum... but all for the best in the end.
    Good game, guys.
    Oh, and our QT sucked massive balls.

13. Yeagen

Yeagen First Year

Well played Werewolves. Thanks for the game Vesvius and thanks for letting me participate, you did a good job hosting it and I had fun. It was unfortunate that I died early but that's the way proverbial cookie crumbles I guess. I had suspicions about Schrodinger but I was so sure Xantam was a werewolf throughout the entire game. My apologies to you Xantam, I hadn't completely discounted TGP but he just didn't seem as scummy as you. Guess I will have to pay more attention to the lurkers next game. I think it really hurt the town that we lost the seer the first night, things might have been a lot different if Ilost had been able to investigate even a few people.

14. The Great Pandemonium

The Great Pandemonium Fourth Year

Pretty much all our night kills went something like, wanna kill this guy? nah lets kill that guy, ok. I gotta thank the town though, if it wasn't for all of you guys acting scummy Schro probably would have been lynched early with me not long after. Also, can iLost or Vesvius tell me what iLost's check was going to be night 1? Just curious.

15. Vesvius

iLost checked coleam.

16. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

@Vesvius. I really should have realized that only roles got QT's, it being a simple game, but oh well. Live and learn, I guess.

One thing I learned is that I can't scum read for shit. All the people I suspected turned out to be Villagers. Was a wake-up. Here's hoping future games I pay more attention to the details. Oh and sorry town for fucking up Day One. I might have been able to turn the tides later.

17. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was a derp moment on your part iLost. Glad I could help save you from the lynch but yes, it was basically a death sentence once you mentioned it.

18. Schrodinger

High Score:
    iLost? Self fulfilling prophecy for a name, hmmm?