1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Are You A Werewolf: The Beginner's Cup

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Dec 18, 2011.

1. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Actually, TGP has 5 posts to Rothwood's 6, so he's been the least active player in this game. Neither has really contributed anything though.

And disposablehead's giving up thing doesn't really convince me. It's already been used effectively a couple of times in this game, so if I were scum, I would have noticed that it seems to work with us. He's done literally nothing helpful for the town, so even if he is a villager, he's playing very poorly.

As for you, I'm still not completely convince that you're town, but you've been playing a lot more like a townie since around Day 2/3. Same with Xantam.

---------- Post automerged at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Whoops, forgot the last part. I meant to say:

In this vein, I'll probably be killed tonight since everyone seems convinced that I'm town.

If no one posts anything game-changing, I'll be voting for disposablehead in about an hour/hour and a half and probably won't be back on until after the day is over.

---------- Post automerged at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

More on Rothwood: As Rubicon pointed out, he hasn't been on in two days. I doubt he's a wolf.

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

You would say that, schrodinger. ;)

I don't think Xantam's behavior necessarily needs to match the way werewolves have been playing.

I also don't think the NKs have been particularly random. All of them seem like reasonable choices to me, in retrospect, if the wolves are trying to slowly pick us off while not giving away any information.

Simply because of his "lynch me or not, I don't care" defense. It's not a good play if he's scum.

I disagree with coleam, it's been done several times and not worked. The mere fact that coleam and you still want to lynch him shows why it's a bad strategy. At the very least, it's a dangerous strategy, at a point in the game when scum has no reason to do anything dangerous.

3. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Or he could be a particularly clever wolf: trying to limit stuff we can use against him by not posting. He had some pretty inflammatory posts earlier, IIRC.

---------- Post automerged at 16:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

Ninja'd as fuck.
    Legitimate points, both. I'd say I'm going with my gut, but my gut hasn't had good luck so far. As for the NK's being reasonable, that definitely rules me out as a suspect. :p
    But it's not. There's nothing else to do: there's nothing left to roleclaim, and being apathetic gets us to doubt he's a werewolf pretty effectively, if only as a second take.

4. coleam

coleam Death Eater

In case you guys haven't been counting, we can only afford one more mislynch before the werewolves win for sure. So try not to tie up the lynch vote unless you're absolutely certain. If anyone has a single (not two or three) better candidate than disposablehead, speak up now. And your reasoning had better be really good. I'm leaving in about 10 minutes, and I'll be voting for disposablehead unless someone can change my mind - because he's looking really scummy still.

And Rubicon, giving up is part of what saved iLost, and Xantam was somewhat resigned to his fate on Day 2 before the majority swung to EL. Those that were killed either didn't resign themselves (EL) or just didn't post anything in their defense (Silverlasso and Jas). If I were a wolf, it would seem like a viable strategy, especially when your partner in crime is still alive and the town only has two more shots at him.

5. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

3 hours till day's end.

6. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Vote Player: disposablehead

7. Rubicon

Meh. I disagree with the logic (iLost was a special case, Xantam seemed to be quite concerned that we'd lynch him) but I did say I'd vote for whoever you guys decided to lynch. We gain nothing from a split vote.

If it turns out dh is scum, and that was his strategy, I'm not sure if I'll be impressed or appalled. :p

8. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Since my last two votes were both made in a rush, and turned out to be moronic, I'll try to be reasonable here, since I have some time and some hunches. Duke feels suspicious to me, but aside from him, my main suspect is disposablehead, and he's the one up for lynch today. So.
    Vote Player: disposeablehead

9. Vesvius

Current vote tally is 3 for disposablehead.

Fancy things will come when I'm not exhausted. I'm going to stay awake for another few minutes. If the majority is not decided by then, I'll deal with it when I get up.

So night and the lynch result might be a bit delayed is what I'm saying. Still, all of you should stop posting at 11:30 EST.

10. Rubicon

Vote Player: disposeablehead

11. Vesvius

With a majority of 4 votes, disposablehead has been lynched! He was a......

VILLAGER

Final Tally:

disposablehead: 4
    Xantam, coleam, Schrodinger, Rubicon

Abstained: 3
    disposablehead, Duke of Rothwood, The Great Pandemonium

Day 4 is now over and night 4 has begun. Day 5 will begin when the werewolves make their kill or at 11:30 PM EST on christmas day.

12. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Sonofabitch.

13. Vesvius

I know day is supposed to start soon, and the werewolves have made their selection, but Duke of Rothwood hasn't posted in too long. He has been removed and a PM has been sent out to the first person on the alt list. Day will begin once I have secured an alt for Duke of Rothwood.

---------- Post automerged 12-26-2011 at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-25-2011 at 10:18 PM ----------

LochNess has stepped in for Duke of Rothwood. And now Day 5 can begin.
    ---------------------------

Night is over!

coleam's body has been found. He was a....

VILLAGER

Day 5 has begun. Due to extenuating circumstances, day 5 will be getting some extra time. So you have until 11:30 PM EST on Tuesday the 27th to reach a consensus.

Still alive: Rubicon, LochNess, The Great Pandemonium, Schrodinger, Xantam

Dead: silverlasso, iLost, Eternity Lost, Yeagen, Jas, Kalas, disposablehead, coleam

5 people remain. 3 votes are needed for a majority.

14. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Hi guys, so I'm starting late in the game and am just reading over everything now. Basically we have one lynch left and if all three of the villagers don't vote a scum then we lose? Well unless one of the scum votes his buddy so that he doesn't look suspicious.

Anyway I have a lot to catch up on and have work soon (only for a couple of hours though) so I will post my thoughts after, I just wanted to let you know I am not being a lurker haha.

15. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

How are we so bad at this? Well, besides the werwolves anyway. Lochness is obviously town, since Duke was inactive for so long. And since Rubicon marked Schrodinger as scum multiple times: either Rubicon and TGP are scum or Schrodinger and TGP are. Gotta review some posts and get back to this.

16. Schrodinger

High Score:
    I love how neatly you excluded yourself from that list, Xantam, considering you've been accused of being scum by various people, including coleam who was so conveniently NK'd last night.
    I'm glad the Duke got replaced, since we have one for-sure townie (I think?) but I don't know who to vote for for tonight.

17. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Okay so reading the thread, I feel TGP is town. If they were a werewolf I really hope they would post more. It's the same for me. Being a wolf would be more fun and I'm sure it's pretty obvious that if Duke can't even bother to make a post, he isn't one.

I really have a good feel on Rubicon that he is a townie. Of course, the first part where he realized something was up with iLost because of the QT's meaning he didn't have one, and then the fact that throughout the thread he has been accusing Xantam And Schrodinger.

On the otherhand, well there was a lot of accusations going on about Xantam, Schrodinger completely steered clear of discussing him, although he was able to talk about the now proven innocent people. Schrodinger also had a lot of people saying he was suspicious (though he wasn't getting the votes) and while Xantam had a loud voice, he wasn't talking about Schrodinger either, good or bad. I feel they could have been purposefully avoiding talking about each other because they didn't want to cause a lynch on their fellow wolf, or look like they were defending a wolf if their scum buddy did get lynched.

The only time they start talking about each other is towards the end where there are so few suspects that they would look really fishy if they didn't include them in their observations. At that point, Xantam copies Kalas' post in which he does his reads on people. Of course Schrodinger is written in this as a slight scum read but may be due to inexperienced. Not a prime suspect. So after that, no one will be like, "Oh that made me think, let's vote Schrodinger". So it was safe for him to post it.

Then Schrodinger finally posts something about Xantam, saying his posting behaviour doesn't match the wolves actions... What? Should he post who he wants dead and then kill that person on his night kill so his actions match? I think that they shouldn't want their actions to match, unless they want to be caught.

Then Rubicon posts back with the same thoughts as I just said, as well as that he doesn't think the NKs have been random. Schrodinger replies that he could be right, but his gut feeling doesn't tell him that... Says his gut has been wrong, but I don't know, he just seems so off, defending Xantam for no reason. Absolutely none.

Okay, then you guys vote off disposablehead and we are down to very few players.

Now Xantam says the scum could be TGP and Rubicon or TGP and Schrodinger. Okay well I think he is putting in Schrodingers name because he has to at this point, but also putting TGP in both so that even if Schrodinger does get voted out, an innocent is sure to also and they will still win.

Schrodinger makes a valid point (Distancing himself from Xantam finally. I wonder why? So if one dies, the other remains and wins the game) Points out the obvious.. Xantam left himself out of the scum thing.

Schrodinger did make a point about me being town, but I just keep feeling this is to save his ass because like I said, I think in everyones' mind I'm town so if he posts something like this it makes it look like he is trying to help the town figure out who is innocent even though they already know that.

Anyway that was really long, I just feel those are my two suspects from my read today. Maybe I have really bad logic and am really bad at reading people, but that's what I was getting from this.

Vote Player: Schrodinger

If Rubicon is scum, I am going to hate myself.

18. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Pretty sure colearm was more suspicious of you, bro.

And, obviously I excluded myself. If I know for sure I'm a villager, why would I even mention otherwise?

19. The Great Pandemonium

The Great Pandemonium Fourth Year

I was going to make a post about how I think that Xantum and Schrodinger were the wolves but Lochness beet me to it (and also had a much better argument than me). I'd also like to point out that Xantum and Schrodinger have been repeatedly mentioned together and neither of them have been lynched.

20. Rubicon

- Xantam and Schrodinger are obviously trying to distance themselves from each other.

- I'm still not sure about GP, but only because he's given us so little information to work with. At this point, when a single mislynch would lose us the game, I just don't feel comfortable voting for him on so little evidence.

- I've considered Xantam and Schrodinger prime suspects throughout the whole game. Now that it's just two of them and GP left as suspects, I'm inclined to go with them.

- LochNess's logic seems to be spot on, and she made some good points that hadn't occurred to me (like Schrodinger and Xantam not talking to or about each other until they had to).

Basically, without the Seer it's impossible to know for sure, but I'd feel really silly voting for GP when Xantam and Schrodinger have been being so damn scummy since Day 1, and acting exactly like I'd expect them to if they're scum. So:

And in my opinion, whoever's left after the NK tonight should kill Xantam.

---------- Post automerged at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

And it looks like that makes it official.