1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Are You a Werewolf?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hey, if you flip town then I"m going next, town or not, but I'd say either way right now our next best bet is to go for Kalas.

2. Jeopardizer

Jeopardizer First Year

On one hand my only real beef with him was cleared up by Whooves and he voted for himself: I'm of the belief that voting for oneself is the stupidest thing to do as a scum (well, as town too but scum moreso) so it made him more likely to be a townie wanting to speed things up. (<--- Why it didn't surprise me when he flipped town)

On the other hand, if a scum pulled something like that and got away with it...I would never forgive myself and it was, imho, too late to try for another bandwagon. (<--- Why I still voted for the lynch)

Plus, you know, first day lynch without obvious scum-slip.

Will re-read the thread and post more thoughts later.

3. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Kens has mastered metaing about meta. His posts literally contain nothing. Lynch:Aek and whoa Jon mindgames.. Lynch:Aek. Could be he realllllly has nothing to contribute but it feels more like scum filler posts. Trying so hard not to give something away you give yourself away.

Gambit.. usual 'get myself lynched day 1 bs'. I'd normally equate that with a boring role in my head but that wagon did end up going elsewhere. More importantly near Day's end he was.. how do I put this, unusually pushy for a lynch? Same tactic used by Schro in WW:TBC.

Going to hold off voting for some more posts but it'll be one of the above two.

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Come on guys, we need activity if we're going to win this.

I'll post more once I'm back from work, but can we at least get some questions going back and forth?

5. Jeopardizer

Jeopardizer First Year

Why not?

Riley: Post a a likely scum-team.

Duke: 3 players you think are town?

Kalas: Why pink?

6. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Questions? Well I've wanted to ask her since she got the thing, so fontisan: what the hell is your profile pic?

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Cause real men wear pink?

---------- Post automerged at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Seriously. Its Day 2. Real questions pl0x.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Whooves: Er, Gnome from Tales of Symphonia.
    I realized that I've been neglecting this game in favor of Gotham mafia, so sorry about that.

I thought that Caesar was looked sort of scummy yesterday, so I decided to look at connections between him and other players. Everyone player left said something negative about him yesterday except for Riley, Whooves and Rothwood. Since Whooves, Rothwood and Caesar are all fairly new players and aren't familiar with the whole kill Jon first mentality, I think it's unlikely that two of the three of them make up a scum team. Thus, I could see a Caesar/Riley scum team, but otherwise I think Caesar is probably town.

Lynch: Sesc until Sesc posts something!

I have to go now, but I'll post some more later.

9. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Just a quick answer while a work. The reason I didn't say anything negative was because I've never seen Caesar play, so I left the specualations alone until today.

I will answer your question when I get home Jeop. I promise.

10. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Firstly, sorry about my absence over the weekend. I hadn't seen my family in a month and I didn't even think about mafia until earlier today.

On topic, Kens seems... off to me. Like Kalas said, his posts contain literally nothing. I'd also like to see more from Rothwood. To that end:
    Kens: which three players seem most scummy to you (outside of Aek)?
    Rothwood: what do you think about Whooves?
    Again, sorry about being AWOL for the past few days. It won't happen again.

11. Duke of Rothwood

Duke of Rothwood Professor

Okay well first off I'm confused over the whole "metagame" thing so I can't really comment on those assertions at all, I'll leave that to somebody better qualified (ie experienced).

Now, looking back I see that things were mostly stalemated with three players having 2 votes for them (Vesvius' post at the top of page 5, quoted for ease of access)

From this it is obvious that there was an equal chance of lynching Kens, Dovaekin and Schroedinger. Yet, immediately after that post, Dr Whooves posted stating that:

This was although he had been one of the 2 for Kens so his switching votes had the effect of (basically) taking Kens off the block and making it more likely for Schrodinger to be lynched. Schrodinger attempted to raise this point by asking why he was the target as opposed to Kens or Dovakiin, only to have Riley attack that.

Now, I realize that Whooves did rescind his vote shortly after casting it (to target Jon), but from reading the thread I got the sense that the "usual" thing to do is to attack Jon and so by doing that, Whooves didn't really attract any attention. Still, his initial casting of the vote for Schroedinger had the effect of swaying the townspeople on that side. I could easily be off on some random rabbit trail, but my interpretation of that is of a scum throwing out a name and seeing what happens.

As Whooves was backed up by Riley, I also get a slight scum read from him.

Therefore, I:

Vote: Doctor Whooves

---------- Post automerged at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Oh yes, I forgot to answer the question from Jeopardizer about 3 players I think are town...
    Well I find that to be a hard question actually, my gut reaction is that Kalas is town, as is Sesc. I'm not 100% why exactly, just a feeling that I get from reading the threads.

As for a 3rd person, I'm more hesitant about that. Both Jeopardizer and fontisian give me a slight town read. However, I'm not sure if that's just because they are active and trying to post and get details out there or what it is. An alternative view is that they are forcing people to try and raise flags about others, without directly doing so themselves.

Yeah, harder to do but I suppose that's the nature of the game :)

12. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Good catch, I'd missed that one.

Hmm, I'm unsure about Whooves. Could be scum, could be flailing town. Don't have enough evidence at this point to tell.

Doctor Whooves: Give me your read on Kens, Riley and Fontisian.

For the moment though I'm going to put my vote on Gambit. Kens and him are my best bet for scum at this point.

Lynch: Gambit

I don't think I'm going to be back before day ends either.

13. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

It's all well and good saying that there were three lynch wagons, and I could have picked any of them - but I can't control what other people do. I'm sorry, I literally can't. The only thing I can do is try and influence people, and the most powerful way I have of doing that is voting.

When I posted, there wasn't much time left at all. We were, I felt, in danger of having a no lynch - which is a bad thing as far as I can tell. There were three equally viable lynches there, if I wanted a lynch that day. However, to vote I needed to take my vote off Kens - I don't have two votes, so it would've been impossible for to get to three votes for Kens, unlike the other two. That meant I only had two real lynch options if I wanted to make the most impact: Schro and Dovaekiin. I voted for the one who seemed scummiest (and I mean that in the loosest sense of the word), and apparently some people agreed with me.

As for Jon, I have no idea what the 'usual' thing to do is. This is only the second Mafia game I've played, and the first hasn't even finished yet. I voted for him because he was being a dick.

-_- Why does everyone keep giving me those two options (scum or 'flailing' town)? What have I done this game that you've categorised as 'flailing', anyway?

As for my reads on those three - and please bear in mind that they're probably utter crap - here you go:

Kens - He hasn't posted for quite some time, which has probably skewed my perspective of him towards the negative. In fact, his last post that wasn't "Lawl! Aekiel is a furry!" was the first of friggin' November, unless I'm missing something. Even then, that (post #69) was just him being oddly forceful about Jon's clearly facetious self-vote. The only reason I voted for him early on was that he hadn't read the rules properly, so I didn't have any sort of scum read on him early on, but I think that might have changed.

Riley - Riley... still hasn't answered Jeop's question, despite him promising to do it when he got home, and that about sums up my thoughts on him. To be honest, I don't have much else to go on; the same paucity of information that is apparent in Kens is visible here too, though to a slightly lesser extent. He jumped quite solidly on the Schrodinger bandwagon just before it began to blossom, but that's not saying much. Also cautiously scum.

fontisan - Is the only person here I could actually probably get a meta read on. From what I've seen, she works best later in the game, but starts off slow. That said, she's posting more than most other people, which is always nice. Appears to agree with Dovaekiin quite often. Probably town for me, but I'm a sucker for a pretty face.

My only problem with calling Riley and Kens as my de facto scumteam is that everyone else isn't much better. Also, I'd hope that scum would have a better strategy than 'lurk, and hope they forget about us'.

14. Jeopardizer

Jeopardizer First Year

Yo, just saw that we only had something 9 hours or something like that to lynch someone so let's do this:

Vote: Riley Poole

-I'm not satisfied with his posts as of now (A lynch, some defense, and one quite long yet without much substance).
    -Didn't answer my question (Petty, yes).
    -Is one of the least-towny and most-scummy on the bandwagon.

15. Riley

Sorry, sorry. Hectic life has cropped up. work 8-5, then school then more crap. Today I had to spend a butt load of time driving home just to vote and now I finally get a chance to post something. Here goes.

To answer Jeop's question: my scum team on day one was Jon/kens for their decisive meta-gaming of lynching Aekiel. However with the death of Jon and onset of day two that quickly changed. Now I feel like Doctor Whooves/Fontisian is more likely as Whooves is posting a lot of empty content and fontisian is shooting at random people to see if they can start a lynch it seems.

As for my reads, Jeop (yes you) are a bit suspicious for pushing the idea that a player voting for themself is usually towny in your opinion. I have the opposite opinion (except for Ollie) of this tactic and see it used usually by scum who are trying to throw off a trail of suspicion.

Kalas is till playing a strong player so for now he feels really town to me.

The rest of you for the most part are kind of up in the air for now.

In answer to DoR saying that my backing of Whooves was intentional, it wasn't. I was pointing out Ollie's stupidity, something everyone does regardless of being scum or town so honestly that jibe is a bit stupid and you should feel bad.

---------- Post automerged at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

The reason I singled out Kalas, by the way, is because usually he's really strong when town and really quiet when scum. Because he's been pushing smart decisions, I'll go with my meta-gut and say town. Just for clarification.

16. Caesar

Caesar First Year

As I mentioned before my preferred lynch option is Kensington. However, that does not look likely today. With that in mind:

Vote: Gambit

He seems to just be operating as a mouthpiece for Kens, seconding everything he says. I'll be hanging around until day end to change my vote if need be.

17. Jeopardizer

Jeopardizer First Year

Question in three parts:

-Was DLP down for 4 hours only for me or for everyone?
    -If for everyone: could we have more time?
    -In all cases: when does the day end exactly btw?

18. Riley

It was down for everyone Jeop, just an FYI. As for an extension, I'm playing as if there is no extension. You should too until told otherwise.

19. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Presuming we don't have an extension, there's about three-quarters of an hour left and, as it stands, we looking at a no-lynch. We really need people to vote.

20. Jeopardizer

Jeopardizer First Year

We have 2 Gambit, 2 Aekiel, 1 Sesc, 1 Whooves and 1 Riley.

Yeah, people need to vote.