1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Arrow

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by DarkAizen, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

I am expecting Constantine's solution to both of their problems is to make both of them think they have killed their killer. Harder to pull off with Thea, but Constantine is tricky like that.

2. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

What the fuck? What the absolute fuck was that?

I think this episode was better than the two before, but what the fuck. How did Double Down get into that lair?

3. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

That Oliver and Lance scene was intense. I like were getting character development between them before Sara gets back to normal or whatever, so it wont be a case of "Sara's alive and well again... I forgive you"

CONSTANTINE!

4. IAmJustAnotherGuy

IAmJustAnotherGuy Seventh Year

Can I skip the past episodes? I really want to see Constantine.

5. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I... don't know if that's a good idea. A lot of the stuff involving Constantine may seem like it has no impact if you don't know the characters or what's going on. If you want to anyway, I'll spoiler the basics of what happens before his involvement.

Arrow is set in the period after Oliver Queen has returned from five years in which he was thought dead in a shipwreck. The show often shows flashbacks to what he was actually doing in those five years alongside the events of now.

In the flashback, Oliver is back on the island on which he was shipwrecked, infiltrating a gang that's enslaved a bunch of people and is growing drugs. He's killed a couple of them, making one of the fellow guards suspicious of him.

In the present, Oliver's sister Thea, while drugged into compliance, murdered Sarah Lance. After a few months of being dead, Sarah was revived by her sister Laurel using the Lazarus Pit - because of the extended period before her resurrection, she's feral and violent.

6. IAmJustAnotherGuy

Oh, don't worry Moridin . I'm a fan of the show, I just haven't watched the past 3-4 episodes released this season.

7. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

In that case, I'd just binge the episodes, honestly. But yeah, if you really want to just see Constantine be awesome, there's that too.

I actually felt that, while Constantine was pretty great and it's cool to see him back,

they kind of shoehorned in the whole thing - it should have gotten one more episode. The whole bit with retrieving Sara's soul was ridiculously easy, for all that John built it up to be some great eldritch fight. We've seen start of the episode mook fights with more danger.

8. funkytoad

funkytoad Fifth Year

Well they did have to rush and film the episode out of order since Matt Ryan is doing a Broadway play right now, so that's why his scenes aren't so great.

9. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Surprised no one has commented on the Chappaquiddick/Quidditch throw-away line. Got me laughing. Of course, a good portion of that was the look on Oliver's face.

10. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Detective Lance/Felicity's Mom is my new OTP for Arrow.

Also, if they get together and then get married down the line, then Ollie's playboy persona now extends to having banged three sisters. And that tickles my funny bone.

11. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Oliver these days is a great character, all the development, with a bit more empathy than before.

Felicity was a bitch to everyone this episode. I understand it was Ray, but she was acting like she pulls the weight.

"No dont you understand if Kord upgraded their security, they probably upgraded their response time"

Of course they do, Diggle and Oliver worked for ARGUS.

12. Maphisto40

Maphisto40 First Year

High Score:
    What the everloving crap, Felicity? She came off as a raging bitch. Also, when did she "lose herself" in Oliver during their vacation? Wasn't she in constant secret contact with the team the whole time?

I love her, but I do not like where they're taking her so far this season. Why the hell is she having to get help from that IT guy to do stuff she's been handling just fine herself for multiple seasons?

13. IAmJustAnotherGuy

Well, if by IT guy you mean Curtisl Holt /Mr. Terrific, he is the third most intelligent person on Earth in the DC Universe. Sure, Felicity is a genius but not Mr. Terrific level of genius. He is supposed to have like 14 PhD's give or take and as Felicity is the smartest person on the show they show him helping her as a way to set up how intelligent he is. Or, at least, that's what I see it as.

14. Maphisto40

Maphisto40 First Year

High Score:
    Oh, I know who he is. I just feel like they're not doing a good job of justifying his existence as a character so far by making him a go-to person for stuff we've already seen Felicity do herself.

They need to establish that he's that smart, that he's the only one who can handle some ridiculous science problem, whatever. Part of the issue may lie in the fact that they've kind of made Felicity seem like she can do anything tech-wise, so now it seems like a dumbing down of her character.

I don't know. I just don't think they've handled that aspect very well (so far).

15. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Felicity has always been however smart the plot needs her to be.

Now it's however bitchy too.

16. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Also, her being a good CEO is bad for the same reasons that Oliver being a bad CEO were good. They both shouldnt know how to run a company, shes an IT tech, and he was stranded for five years. Such a bad idea imo.

17. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Oh god.

Felicity...

Solid episode.

Malcolm's ending... brilliant.

18. Ashton Knight

Ashton Knight Disappeared DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ugh, we all know that Felicity is going to live. CW don't have the balls to kill her off yet. And I wuld have thought that the graveyard scene would have occurred at the end of the season. And there have apparently also been sighting of Emily filming for later episodes.

It's probably just Quentin or another tertiary character. Then again, I can't imagine why Barry would come over for the funeral and console Oliver for someone who isn't a secondary character.

19. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Barry would come over because hes Oliver's friend.....

20. Ashton Knight

Ashton Knight Disappeared DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think what the producer's are doing is slowly making her more and more dislikeable (Like they accidentally did with Laurel) so that when the eventual transition comes to Oliver/Laurel (Dinah?) we don't complain too much.

Do you go to the funeral of every aquaintance of every friend you know?