1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned As Far As Innocence Goes - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Hashasheen, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Title: As Far As Innocence Goes
    Author: Aixyutin
    Category: Work In Progress
    Rating: T
    Fandom: Naruto
    Pairings: Itachi/Hinata
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5266164/1/
    Summary: 17-year-old Uchiha Itachi was not pleased or impressed when he viewed his 12-year old fiancee in the form of one Hyuuga Hinata. But fate seemed determined to have a different agenda, especially when Uchiha Itachi somehow becomes the instructor of Team 8.

I know what you're thinking, but this isn't a crappy Itachi/Hinata ship fic. Excellent writing and realistic characterisation make this a 5/5 in my opinion. Decent Length as well, with 16 chapters already.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It might help if you posted what fandom this was. It might be obvious to fans but I for one, have no idea who Uchiha and Itachi are.

3. Hashasheen

Right, sorry.

4. DarkAizen

DarkAizen Professor DLP Supporter

I like it. One of the few Itachi remains in Konoha fics that I actually enjoyed.

The writing is good, the fight scenes are realistic.

Although Itachi is seen as the perfect ninja in this story, he still takes crap from Kakashi. I mean Itachi states that he respects the man. But seriously, Kakashi is acting like his superior every time they talk. And in cannon by the time the Chunnin exams, Itachi wipes the floor with Kurenai, Asuma and Kakashi. By this time Itachi cuts off Orochimarus hand. Yet in this story, he lets Kakashi talk down on him.

Another thing that annoys me is the change in perspective. It's really hard to connect with a character if every 3 paragraphs the scene changes from Itachi to Hinata to Kiba to Shino to Sasuke... etc

Anyway, I liked it. 4/5.

5. Hashasheen

As Far As Innocence Goes - Naruto

Title: As Far As Innocence Goes
    Author: Aixyutin
    Rating: T
    Genre: Romance/Drama
    DLP Category: Naruto
    Pairing: Itachi/Hinata
    Summary: 17-year-old Uchiha Itachi was not pleased or impressed when he viewed his 12-year old fiancee in the form of one Hyuuga Hinata. But fate seemed determined to have a different agenda, especially when Uchiha Itachi somehow becomes the instructor of Team 8.
    Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5266164/1/

I know, I know. This isn't DLP's standard recommended fic nor the genre usually recommended. But this is in fact a good fic, and I'd state it's the definitive Itachi/Hinata fic, and probably captures Hinata's personality far better than any other fic. Don't one-star it without reading, because this truly deserves to be in the library.

6. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Hashasheen...

Not only didn't you search for this fic before you posted it, you also forgot that you yourself already posted it one and a half year ago.

It wasn't liked that much back then and I doubt it will be liked now.

Threads merged and recycled.