1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Banshee

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Exile, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

[​IMG]

Started this series after season 1 ended but ran through it like a sprint. I mean maybe two late nights back to back. It was a sickness really. If nothing else it felt extremely refreshing. It's very hard to combine solid compelling plot and stories with what most would call gratuitous violence and sex. I would not call it gratuitous but instead say most people are kind of prudes.

Banshee drops you into the action rather quickly. I think you see fornicating in a diner's kitchen and a double decker bus pile up in the first ten minutes of the first episode. Let's say there's really not many episodes that lull. In some way or another there's action. Physical. Psychological. Add in a creepy intro that holds Easter eggs for the season in the old timey photographs and it makes for 50 minutes of crack.

Season 2 just premiered and they have tee'd up season 3 very nicely. Another feather in the cap for premium cable. For those who want to do a bit of light reading for some extra convincing, the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee_(TV_series))

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  2. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Age old neglected thread, but some relevant news!

Season 4 of Banshee began last night - and it's looking good. If someone's looking for a badass show with a lot of guns, tits, and fistfights then catch the next train to Banshee.

Here's the brutal fight scene that got me into the show (spoilers for episode 2 of Season 1, I guess): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtNFeuUN8mw

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  3. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

I liked the setting and characters initially but he is a thief. Why is every single situation solved with a fist fight? And why on earth does that keep working? Might need to pick it up, though.

Goodness that Amish chick was hot, even if the sex and nudity got a tad gratuitous for my tastes.