1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Barefoot by Zaxaramas - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Gurukid, Sep 17, 2016.

1. abcea

abcea Squib DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've also read through this story, and must admit that I really like the idea, however the overall execution and structure isn't as smooth as I would like.
    An interesting read, but I'm going to give it a 3/5
    I'd recommend it as something interesting to read if you've got the time, as well as tolerance for several grammatical mistakes.

2. Ghosthree3

Ghosthree3 Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I was disappointed by this. Started out as a 4 or 5 out of 5 and was pretty interesting to read, but slowly started sliding in quality as the chapters went on until it plummeted to a very solid 1/5.

I guess that as interesting a premise as it was it was doomed to fail given enough time, Harry's exponential power growth was an inescapable nail. I think the part that really killed it for me though was the Hedwig part... you know the one. And that plotline spiralled into one of the biggest disasters I've ever seen.

I don't feel bad about reading it, more disappointed. I'd probably tell myself to stop around half way through if I could go back in time though.

I'll give it a 2/5 overall score just because the start doesn't deserve the weight of the later chapters weighing it down entirely.

3. Xion

Xion Robot Overlord Admin

Barefoot has been updated with a new chapter.

Story Stats
    Chapters: 53
    Words: 148,559
    Updated: 2019-04-04 23:23:37 UTC
    Published: 2015-07-07 14:34:51 UTC
    Previously updated: 7 months ago

Brought to you by Scryer story thread updates.