1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Batmafia #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Koalas, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Batmafia 2 Gamethread: D1
    [FONT=&quot]So, so, so, so, so sorry for the wait everyone! Here it is![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Below is the finalized 17 player set up. Through use of internet RNG Players 2 and 17 have been eliminated. That is Riley and Moridin. You two may be placed in priority replacement slots or a spot in Obs, please PM me your choice![/FONT]
    [font=&quot]1. fontisian replaced by Riley
    2. Snowvon
    3. Aekiel replaced by Malakittens
    4. Citrus
    5. Lyrium
    6. Sloth
    7. TerRaine
    8. Qgqqqqq
    9. Vesvius replaced by Rubicon
    10. Nemrut
    11. Atum
    12. His fluffiness
    13. Quanksor
    14. Schrodinger replaced by Mathblade
    15. Zenzao
    16. Fishy Justice
    17. Kento Kraitos [/font]

[FONT=&quot]Replacements:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1. Mathblade[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]5.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mods:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Kalas[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]ika (co-mod)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Obs:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Custer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Monochrome[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Luckylee[/FONT]
    fontisian

[FONT=&quot]Gotham is a mafia variant with characters ripped directly from the world of DC comics, Batman in particular. Knowledge of Batman is recommended, but not a requirement.

In Gotham, there are three factions. They are:

Gotham: The town equivalent. 12 players.

The Mob: A mafia faction equivalent. 4 players.

The Riddler: The Balancer equivalent. 1 player. See the Riddler information for more.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Rules[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Signups:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This game was designed for 30 players, the 17 players set up is balanced to the best of our abilities but may favor one faction or another.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Etiquette[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    I ripped this straight from Lutris' Hunt of Thrones because I can't say it better myself:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Quote:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]• Do not lie about real-life commitments. If you are unable to play for a prolonged period of time or do not wish to continue playing, inform the game host.
    • Similarly, if someone says that they will not be available due to real-life constraints accept.
    • For the avoidance of doubt, this is not a role-playing game. Don't overdo it.
    • Keep non-game-related topics to a minimum in the thread.
    • If you are unable to be active, you will be replaced. Inform the game host if you are.
    • Be nice! We're all playing to have fun. Disparage someone's skill if you must, but please avoid personal insults! [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Addendum: This is primarily a game of analysis. Removing the capability of players to perform analysis goes against the spirit of the game. Encoded messages, subtle references that only certain players would get or offsite references are frowned upon. Keep it fun for everyone.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Phases[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Day 1 lasts for 2 weeks. Each following Day lasting one week. If there’s an early lynch, we head to twilight, where players (with the exception of the lynchee) can still post until the ending scene is posted. When the ending scene is posted further posting is not permitted. Violators of this will be dealt with harshly. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Night lasts for 24 hours or until all night actions are in. NOTE: With the Batman role, expect 24 hour nights.

Voting[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]There is only one type of voting in Gotham: Standard.

To vote, type Vote: Player, in a separate line.Noticeable colors would be appreciated.

All votes not in proper format will be ignored. Votes can be retracted at any time before a majority is reached, but not after. Majority is lynch and the player is committed to Arkham, regardless of protection. There is no soft Lynch. Suspected vote shenanigans will be dealt with harshly.

Assaults

Assaults are Gotham's version of Night Kills. The Mafia get one per night, target decided by majority vote in their respective group QTs. An Assaulted player who is not protected is committed to Arkham's medical wing and is removed from the game.

Dead Players

You are committed to Arkham Asylum and have no future impact on the game. When someone is committed, their role is revealed to the town. Dead/observer chat will be provided.

Activity[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]There are no hard posting requirements, some people post in spurts, real life happens, etc. At the mod’s discretion you may be poked for activity. If the poke is not responded to, you will be poked again. If this is not responded to you will be replaced or, if none are available, Modkilled at the end of the current Phase. Modkills do not prevent other abilities from being activated. Modkills do not take the place of Lynches or anything similar. Modkills will be easily differentiated from player kills.

Protection[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    When someone has protection (Either by Oracle's power or their own), they are immune to committals unless the attempt specifically ignores protection.

Villains[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    The mafia faction in Gotham does not have a set roster at the beginning. Instead, the mob leader will select his preferred role between The Penguin and Bane. Players will be given the chance to discuss before said role must be locked in.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Roles[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Gotham[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gotham is the town faction for this game. Gotham players do not know each other's role, and do not share Quick Topics (there are a few notable exceptions). The players of Gotham win by lynching or otherwise eliminating all members of Bane's Crew/Penguin's Mob and The Riddler.[/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]
    The Batman
    -Gains a special QT account for anonymity.
    -Every night that there is a mislynch or a non-lynch, Batman can Interrogate one person.
    -That person is both roleblocked and protected from any actions. All actions, including the Riddler and those that normally penetrate protection, will fail.
    -A new QT will open between Batman and the target. Conversation can occur there over the course of the Night.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Robin[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    -Knows Batman’s identity.
    -If Batman is committed, Robin gains access to all of his interrogation logs.

Nightwing
    -Can investigate one player every night and discover who, if anyone, targeted that player that night.

Red Robin
    -Can investigate one player every night and discover who, if anyone, was targeted by that player that night.

Oracle
    -Every night, can choose a target. That target gains protection that Night and the following Day cycle. This protects from the Riddler.

Black Canary
    -Every night, can choose a player. Anyone who targets that player that night with a non-violent action receives no information. If that player is targeted with a violent action, both Black Canary and the attacking player are committed while the defended target remains unharmed.

Green Arrow
    -Every night, can choose a player. That player is roleblocked.

Booster Gold
    -Can choose two players at night. Any actions that would target one of those players target the other instead, and vice versa. Can target himself.

The Question
    -Can investigate one player every night and discover if they are innocent or a villain.

Deadman
    -Once per game, Deadman can choose a committed or Devoured player. He learns that players role and also all of their night actions.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Catwoman[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    -Can lock in a Mark. If committed during the day, Catwoman and the Mark are both committed. The Mark can be changed at any time before Catwoman is committed.

Etrigan
    -Survives the first attempt on his life. This includes Bane and the Riddler.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Vill[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ains[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    The mafia role in this game. At the beginning of the game, the Villains may choose their preferred faction (leader role), becoming Bane’s Crew or Penguin's Mob. The Villains win when they control half or more of the Vote or no possible circumstances could prevent the same.[/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]
    Bane
    -During the Night, Bane picks a target. If that target is still free when Day begins, they get a message that Bane is stalking them.
    -The next night, that target is roleblocked.
    -The night after that, the target is roleblocked and that target is hit with an assault attempt that penetrates protection.
    -Bane may not switch targets midway through the process. Once he picks a target, he is locked onto that player until they are committed. If the target is committed in the middle of this Bane may choose a new Target the following Night.
    -Bane chooses who to send to perform the faction’s assault.
    -If there is a tie in voting, Bane’s vote is the decider.

Penguin
    - If the Penguin is investigated, he comes up innocent.
    -Penguin always has protection.
    -Penguin chooses who to send to perform that night’s assault.
    -If there is a tie in voting, Penguin’s vote is the decider.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Killer Croc[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    -Three times per game, Killer Croc can choose to Devour a player his faction targeted that night. That player’s role is not revealed during the day (though Killer Croc does learn the role)

Two Face
    -At any time during the day before a majority is reached, Two Face may voluntarily Reveal himself to Auto-Lynch whoever his vote is on at the time.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Clayface
    -Three times per game, Clayface can choose a role that has already been Committed or Assaulted. He gains that role’s ability for that Night. Roles that can’t be chosen are Batman, Robin.[/FONT] Roles can only be chosen once.

[FONT=&quot]The Riddler[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    The Balancer of this game. The Riddler does not know anyone else's role. To win, the Riddler must commit all of Gotham and all of the villains (Bane's Crew or Penguin's Mob). The Riddler automatically wins all 1v1 matchups.[/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]
    The Riddler
    -At any point in the Game the Riddler may match a Player to a Role. If correct that player is committed and the Riddler may guess again. This does not pierce protection. If incorrect the Riddler may not make any more guesses during that Phase. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-If the Riddler Guesses correctly on a role that has some form of Protection (Oracle/Immunity/etc.) that guess is still considered correct even if the kill did not go through.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-The committed player’s role is not revealed to the town till the end of the Phase it was guessed in. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-Day committals will be posted in thread subject to mod availability. Night committals will be updated at the end of the Night along with all other actions.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-The only Riddler guesses that will be revealed to other Players are the correct ones. Players will not know if their role was incorrectly guessed.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]-After three incorrect guesses the Riddler is revealed. During the Day this will happen subject to Mod availability. At Night this will happen at the end of Phase. This does not prevent the Riddler from making future guesses.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Night Action Priority List[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]+The Riddler’s Guesses[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]+Bane’s Roleblock[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]+Booster Gold switching self
    +Batman's Interrogation
    +Green Arrow's Roleblock
    +Booster Gold switch (not targeting self)
    +Black Canary's Protection
    +Oracle's Protection
    +Assault Attempts (Villains, Bane)
    +Killer Croc's Devouring[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]+Information Gathering Attempts (Nightwing, Red Robin, The Question, Deadman) [/FONT]

Game will begin once everyone confirms in PM. The Thread is NOT open until my next post that will include the Day End clock!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014
  2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Dis gun be gud.

/filler

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Completely forgot about this, but what the hell. Should be fun.

4. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Guys...
    /10chars

5. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Could we get a progress on the role call?

6. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

I wonder if whoever hasn't confirmed by now should just be replaced now before they make things suck later

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Got called in for a late shift guys. Don't worry yourselves. Rules posted above are the final set. Make sure you read them. Anything ika says is just as valid as if it was from me. fonti has graciously given up her spot for Riley.

Day End Timer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You awaken in a cell and you do not know how you got here. You look across the room, cot, toilet, mirror on the floor. All are strange, distorted as if you can’t quite get your eyes to focus on them properly. Each breath makes a rasping sound in your ears, a struggle to get each one into your lungs.

You push yourself off the cot, pulling yourself on your stick thin limbs. Foot by painful foot to the mirror. You look in.

A face, so deformed that its unrecognizable. A Picasso without artistic merit, like a madman had just grabbed your face in his hand and just.. twisted. This isn’t your face. THIS ISN’T YOUR FACE. THISISNTYOURFACETHISISNTYOURFACETHISISNTYOU-.

Calm. A white hand on your shoulder. Black hair and eyes like stars in the night sky.

“Hello Hero.”

Your tongue flaps uselessly in the slash that is now your mouth. Words that once came so eloquently come out stilted, barely formed. “Cease. There is much to explain and I cannot remain long.”

“My sister met your Jester in his madness and in the act he took something of hers. A tool, dangerous in the hands of mortals. A disaster in his. I set myself the task of retrieving this item and so came here to this Asylum.”

A troubled look crosses his face, like thunderclouds surging in a storm. “Alas, his madness spread far faster than even I could have imagined. The very stones of this place thrum with it and I am forced to confront him under different Rules then a thief would normally deserve. I have elected you and your allies Hero as my champions in the matter and, in turn, he has elected lesser madman as his own.”

“The rules of the game are such; in his time this madness made real will lie upon you. You must make use of the Detective and his apprentices. Discuss. Find what lies beneath the façade he has forced upon you and imprison his champions."

"In my time your bodies will be restored as best as I am able. Use this time to gather information. Trap his champions in their lies. Fight hard Hero.”

You blink and he is gone. Some sand resting on the floor where he stood the only sign anyone was there to begin with.

“.. for if you fail this madness cannot be contained.”

BANG.

The door of your cell slams open, each bar covered in carved smiles.

“HahAHaHaahAHAHAaHAAHA. Let the game begin!”

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Neat.

Vote: Lyrium

9. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Hullo Snow.

So....how is everyone this fine morning/afternoon?

10. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Yay! We finally started! :)

Vote: Quanksor

11. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

After days of waiting, of course this would start on the worst possible day for me. XD
    I'll check back later on. Peace.

12. Quanksor

Quanksor Muggle

Well, I suppose it wouldn't be right for me to vote for his fluffines just because he voted for me.
    Vote: his fluffiness
    He was obviously signaling that he was aligned with the joker by smiling.

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Yaaaay we started!!!

I already have one person slotted down as town (for bad reasons though)

Vote: Kento Kraitos

Hi. I don't think I've personally seen you before?

14. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Lovely, it's begun.

Madness and mayhem and everything else in between.

SO there are some new people we have never ever ever seen before and that means breaking ice into small manageable chunks.

Can everyone, new old young tall small mad unmad, answer:

1. What are your opinions on Heath Ledger and his rendition of the Joker?
    2. Favorite Batman movie\tv show\cartoon\visual representation?
    3. Basically, we've got three factions. Since the game had to be made into lucky #17, do you see any benefits for town in the new arrangement?
    4. Which character is the biggest threat to town?
    5. Oh and mafia experience on DLP or otherwise?

Snowbaby, hai there bouncy.

15. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Did you read the setup, Quanksor? There is no Joker.

---------- Post automerged at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Also, for Lyrium.

1: loved it.
    2: Dark knight trilogy. Never actually really liked the batman comics.
    3: There are two less scumkills per night and there are half as many scum as in the original, which will help us.
    4: Two Face is automatically gg if he reaches MYLO, so he is the most threatening, I think.
    5: Your one filler game.

16. Schrodinger

High Score:
    1. Sorry, but he's no Luke Skywalker.
    2. Either BTAS or Batman Beyond. Or Hush. Hush was good.
    3. Big disadvantage, with the reduced villian and hero teams, none of us have a chance to get murdersexed by Poison Ivy like I was hoping.
    4. If the Riddler is a skilled player, we're fucked. Otherwise, Penguin, as he's dangerous in the hands of a skilled or unskilled player.
    5. I've been a consistent drag on any team, town or scum, that I have been on for well over a half-dozen games in a row.

17. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Vote:Lyrium

Riddler, easily.

Bad day for me. Will be more free to post in 48 hours, but I'll try till then.

Great, more names to learn. I suppose I do have two. Whole. Weeks to learn them though (woah!)

18. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

1) I recall being told he would be the joker and bitching "not the guy from A Knight Tale."

I recanted that the second I saw the movie. Now watching things with him in it makes me sad.

2) I guess I'd say Nolan's Batman...becoming more and more a Marvel fan though.

3) Actually I think we got knocked down a peg but I will admit I put off reading the game super close until the new rules came out. From what I can gather we lost our only commit outside of lyncing role (guess a vig type role) with the cutting of Huntress. Meanwhile The Villains kept theirs via Bane, Killer Croc, and a NK. Also Riddler. So there could be upwards of 3 kills a night. 4 if it's all coordinated

4) Gonna say penguin

5) Every game I've been in you've been in so you know the answer to that already. But for the others I've played 2 games on DLP

19. Quanksor

Quanksor Muggle

Did you read the D1 flavor text?
    Who else could "your Jester" be?

1. Insane, but then I suppose that's a good thing.
    2. Dark Knight, I suppose
    3. Well, Riddler is less powerful now because they have to finish alone to win, and they no longer have the Red Hood as an "ally".
    4. It's a tossup between Penguin and Killer Croc, with Clayface a close third.
    5. A couple of games on FS.

It's a pity that the Riddler still exists, otherwise we could end this with a D1 massclaim.
    On the other hand, if we get lucky and kill the Riddler early on, we can probably just massclaim to win.
    Whelp, looks like we have two weeks to essentially pick one of us at random.
    This should be fun :p

20. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Why do you think Massclaim is a winning strategy in this game?