1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Batman 3 Rumors and Rage

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Tehan, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

You want 3D rage? There's a lot of rumours coming out of Hollywood these days that Warner Brothers are trying to force Christopher Nolan to film the next Batman movie in 3D.

2. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    See, if a film is made in 3D from the start (and they do a 2D showing as well, as with Deathly Hallows), I can live with it. It's not so much Star Wars in 3D that annoys me - as Republic21 said, there are possibilities with lightsabres in 3D, even if Lucas will probably fuck it up something shocking. It's more the blatant money spinning, bandwagoning that he's turned the franchise into.

Although I'm not saying Batman 3 should be in 3D mind. Quite the opposite, and I hope Nolan doesn't give in.

3. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What are they actually going to do for the next Batman movies? No disrespect intended to him but I would imagine it would have fucked up quite a few plans when Heath Ledger bit it. They know if they try and reuse the Joker they're automatically going to get a shit ton of rage no matter what and this is just assuming that the guy they get actually does a good job, if he fucks it up blood will flow in the streets.

4. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

There are still quite a few rogues they can use. Bane, Croc, Riddler, hell you could even use Wayne's Mobster alter ego, Matches Malone...

5. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm pretty sure they were not planning to have Joker play a major role in the movie even before Ledger's death. The formula has always been to introduce different villains instead of carrying over old ones; Batman has a freaking huge rogue's gallery after all, even if you're sticking with the Nolan's preference for cutting out the explicitly supernatural (plus Nolan could always de-mythologize another supernatural villain like he did with Ra's Al Ghul).

Reusing Joker would have gone against formula and would have involved re-treading stuff from the last movie; at most, they might have been planning to give Ledger a brief cameo similar to the one Scarecrow got in The Dark Knight. Odds are, his death did not significant damage to whatever Nolan has planned for the third movie.

As to the original topic of the thread, while it's an obvious money grab, I'm enough of a Star Wars fan that, if the 3D effects are done well, I'll probably end up watching them all anyway.

6. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

*sighpalm*

(Yes, that just happened.)

Haven't they learned that when they leave Nolan the fuck alone, good things happen? George Lucas going 3D, as annoying as it is, wasn't that much of a surprise; his films are typically amongst the first to jump on any new format or get remastered into some new faggy sound standard (THX- Gee' Fo'-certified). He's a nerd, so whatever.

But forcing Christopher Nolan to implement 3D into his extra-cohesive scriptwriting/directing is like putting 30" spinners on a formula-one racer. WB should just shut the fuck up and sign the checks, like they did with his last three films.

7. Tehan

Also on the rumour front, they may have Joker be an offscreen presence by having Harley Quinn throw her red-and-black hat into the ring. But yeah, they're not going to deplete Batman's rogues gallery anytime soon, even if they continue at a rate of two a movie.

Back on topic, Lucas could honestly just retire and just live off the money coming in from the Star Wars novels, comics, toys and games. Even if his standard has been dropping lately, better he continue to work on things than some new director working on the same old Hollywood clutter.

8. Krogan

High Score:
    Well I just ask because I've heard shit as weird as Eminem being looked at to play the Riddler so I'm getting curious/worried.

9. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Why would anyone consider Eminem to play the Riddler? Because he can rhyme?

10. Krogan

High Score:
    Something about how Wesley from the Wanted comic was designed to look like him gives people the idea that he has an in with superhero movies, as for the actual rumor though I haven't seen anything concrete on it.

11. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

It's not happening, primarily because Robin Williams has been fighting his ass off to get into a Batman movie since the nineties and Nolan's finally had talks with the man. Considering Williams is a solid actor that has worked with Nolan before, my bet is that Williams becomes the Riddler/Penguin. All they need to do is find a way to bring Harley Quinn into the storyline (and depending on the way they prime her character, it wouldn't be difficult...) and introduce Robin (because you know they're going to do it) in a way that's not completely fucking stupid.

Either way, I agree with Blaise: just let Christopher Nolan do his own shit, he tends to do it rather well. 3D is a gimmick as it is - I don't mind it, but I don't really care for it either. As for Star Wars... Han shot first. If this new 3D rerelease doesn't show this, I have no reason to see these movies.

12. Krogan

High Score:
    Lol I never thought it would, Nolan would have had to have lost his god damn mind, I'm just saying that the rumors are getting weird as fuck and I was curious if anyone had heard something factual.

13. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Fuck that noise. The same way Richard Harris was Dumbledore in the first two movies, Danny Devito was and will always be the only good choice for Penguin!

14. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Clayface, Croc, and Man-bat, I'd like to see done right. Leave Freeze, Riddler, Penguin until later on. And for fucksake, keep it one villain a movie and flesh it out. Dark Knight was epic, but I'd of went and paid to see it again if it wasnt so fucking long, and the Two Face parts didnt take so long for mostly nothing of interest.

15. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

I wanna see Cat-Woman done logically - without the latex and weak innuendo. Nolan's Batman had the pragmatism (even the fucking Batmobile made sense), so a Cat-woman with emphasis on the burglar part would be awesome.

16. Tehan

Rumours have also pointed to Neil Patrick Harris and David Tennant as possible Riddlers. Whether these inspired or were inspired by the shoops floating around is debatable.

Also, Robin fucking Williams as the Riddler? I'd rather Eminem than that funny-voice lolrandumb prick.

17. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

NPH as Riddler would actually be pretty awesome. So long as they didn't make him like Jim Carrey. That was way too much gay looking insane guy shit, not enough genius.

18. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I keep hearing rumours about Joseph Gordon-Levitt having a role in it. The guy looks like an ass but he was pretty awesome in 500 days of summer. The popular bet is that this will be the Riddler's movie anyway.

I'm gonna go see it no matter what happens... unless The Governer comes out of retirement to reprise his role as Mr. Freeze.

ICE TO SEE YOU.

Ash
  19. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

So they want to force 3d on Nolan probably to make more money? It's like Dark Knight being the third highest grossing movie in USA (without adjusting for inflation) and one of seven movies to make milliard dollars worldwide wasn't enough for them.

Out of them only Riddler is possible. Nolan once said that Penguin doesn't fit his "realism" theme, so I don't think he would use Croc or Freeze instead.

Beside, after Arnold Schwarzenegger I don't see anyone playing better Mr. Freeze ;) .

And I'm voting Edward Norton for Riddler.

20. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Cate Blanchett as Catwoman, James Gandolfini as Penguin.