1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Batman fanfics rec thread?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Johndoe022, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Johndoe022

Johndoe022 Third Year

Would anyone know of any Batman goes bad fanfics? Like starts killing people hooks up with any crazy bitches or something like that? Because you would really make my day.

2. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Beyond Batman

Okay, I know that I'm reviving a necro-thread (which is a major faux-pas), but the alternative is creating a new thread. And that would be kind of redundant, I guess, considering that I'll be asking a similar question to Johndoe022.

Firstly, Johndoe, I can't find any Evil!Batman fics. Granted, I am unfamiliar with the Batman fanfiction universe, but I really can't remember off the top of my head. I do know a few Robin-goes-Evil fics, though; I can direct you to those, if you'd like.

Secondly, are there any good DC fanfics? Not only Batman, but also Smallville, the Teen Titans show, and even that new cartoon, Young Justice.

Hell, are there any Marvel fanfics either, especially X-Men or Spider-Man? I know that dellacouer wrote a good HP/X-Men crossover, but I'm thinking about non-crossovers in particular.

There must be some decent superhero fics; the Teen Titans fandom apparently is the second biggest in the cartoon FF.net section after Avatar, so there must be something under all the sappy shipping fics...

3. ASmallBundleOfToothpicks

ASmallBundleOfToothpicks Professor

Okay, this should be here.

While I am not as familiar with either DCU or Marvel fandoms, there have been several excellent fics recommended in here.

I actually started with fanfiction in the Smallville fandom, of all places. I have fond memories of Lexwing's work, on FFN, and some of IolantheAlias work isn't too bad. Epitaph by kittsbud is another I remember liking. However, these were all "good" to a rather inexperienced reader of Fanfiction in 2007.

4. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

A bunch of Teen Titans recs are here. In addition to those, I read Titans and The Lost Boy recently, which is now, counting sequels, over a million words long and is currently updating its nested-crossover at something like 40k words/week. HIVE Minded is not yet so long as most of the other fics worth reading in the fandom, nor does it focus much on the Titans themselves, but is a pretty fun romp for what it is and might start a new arc soon (Author claims an update is coming before July).

5. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Search for Chris Dee over at ff.net. Tehan clued me to his shit ages ago - entertaining stuff. Great for killing time between HP updates.

6. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Okay, thanks for the recs. I'm glad that the TT fandom has some relics, although I didn't particularly like H.I.V.E. Minded; Danny seems a bit OOC for my liking, and the Danny/Jinx thing got really weird at times.

However, I think I caught a Marvel bug recently. Any decent fics there, especially from the X-Men franchise? I would prefer a story that isn't saturated with Wolverine, to be honest. I've read waaaay too many stories where he over-features, especially in plotlines which make him OOC...

7. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

The Shocker: Legit.