1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Battlerite

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Panther, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Panther

Panther Third Year

[​IMG]
    Trailer

This one is somewhat hard to describe. It plays like a MOBA with most of the RPG/Farming/Laning elements stripped away, which is to say, not much like a MOBA at all. The developers themselves describe it as a competitive Team Arena Brawler, which I think fits. Basically, you choose one of (as of the Halloween patch) 17 heroes and get thrown into a first-to-three arena deathmatch with two teams consisting of two or three players. You can play with friends or solo queue, try to climb the ranks or just play unranked for fun.

Currently, the game is in Early Access, but being the spiritual successor of Stunlock Studios' game Bloodline Champions (which I had never heard of before) gameplay and balancing are already very solid, and to be honest I think they could release it as is. Buying the Early Access version before the game goes free to play unlocks all current and future heroes and lets you get in some practice if you want to climb the ranks after release. And, well, it's fun.

I'm having an awesome time with it so far, the rounds are extremely fast, every move counts, and I never feel as if I have no chance against a particular hero. And if I lose, I can always check the replay to see what I did wrong. Currently maining Sirius and still very much a noob at Grade 8, so if you want to play, shoot me a message!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  2. FreakLord

FreakLord Professor DLP Supporter

I have been playing this for a few days. Pretty good and probably going to one of the big games soon.

3. PpJt

PpJt Second Year

Been playing this a tonne lately, have almost completely stopped playing League for it to be honest. Really fun game.

4. Panther

Panther Third Year

The game recently went free to play as promised, and the influx of new players seems to have helped improve the queue times noticeably - I rarely wait more than two minutes now. There have been 6 new heroes released, and so far all are represented in high level play, which is pretty nice.

The UI has also been given an overhaul, though I'm not sure if I like the new version. It is somewhat unintuitive. The core gameplay remains as solid as ever, though, so give it a try!