1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Best Alternate Fanfiction Story

Discussion in 'Award Winners 2007' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Feb 4, 2007.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Best Alternate Fanfiction Story

[​IMG]

1st Place: Oedipus Flower by Vash The Unholy
    2nd Place: Anarkia by Naia
    3rd Place: Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past by S'Tarkan/Viridian/Matthew Schlocke

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Wow, this is a surprise. IMO, there are at least 2-3 fics better than any mentioned here... like Hero's Path, for instance.

3. Myst

Myst Headmaster

I'd have to agree with ip on that one. Hero's Path was easily the best alternate fic. Plus a few others. Hell.. where's Talith's fic?

Not to mention you cant get much more AU than Japanese-Jew's fic.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I don't know what everyone sees in Hero's Path. I could never read that story. I'm surprised at Talith's not being there, however.

Well done, Vash.

5. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

same here 'Anarkia' was my 1st placer followed by Wit of the Raven and The Happy Red Prince

6. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I tend to agree with the sentiment that there were better, Taliath's for example.

But the Hero's Path? Fuck that bullshirt. Let it rot.

7. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

Again, liath's fic was overlooked for some bizarre reason - no offense Vashy, but liath should've taken this category by storm. Congrats, anyway :p

8. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I can't even remember what I voted for in most of these...

I know I voted for Anarkia 1st in this though.

9. Antivash

None taken. I said it myself.

my nominating it was nothing more than a joke. I didnt expect to win at all ^_^

10. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I can see that Liaths is a well written story but it's not my style. But a Hero's path is almost painful to read.

Vash should be up there somewhere but I'd replace the other two.

Naia's story has gone down hill in my opinion not that I ever really liked it much to start with.

11. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Yeah, I'm sure you didn't. It's not like you get your dick ridden more then anyone else on this site to the point of having threads demanding you become a mod again, is it? Fuck outta here with that bullshit, man.

Anarkia's a good pick, although I think either Hero's Path or Wit of the Raven deserves this more.

12. cmuylistoooo

cmuylistoooo Fourth Year

i am suprised young again was not picked or happy red prince. both seem pretty AU to me.

13. Antivash

Course I didnt, numbnuts. and if you had been in IRC when I nominated them, youd have seen it was Sera and I fucking with the awards.

As for the admin shit, thats because it was a bullshit move pressured by idiots with no value to the community.

14. Khorne

Khorne Second Year

Anarkia was a very good alternate, if was updated slightly more regularly then I think it should have won without much competition.

People mention a Hero's Path, it is an okay story, but the problem with starting a completely alternate story like he did is that you need to do a massive amount of back log to get anywhere interesting, like GoF, which is now getting underway, but reading CoS and PoA written differently is not really my idea of an alternate, it is more of a complex rehash.

I would have though that In Light of Silver Memories would have been up there in second or third, that was a very good alternate story, believable as well. It portrayed Dumbledore as more than a bumbling fool whilst less than a mastermind who is all knowing, it was a good balance, sure Harry is doing things people don't understand, yet Dumbledore did, ti works.

Nightmares of Futures Past is a good story, not to badly written, by an alright author who is much better than may people who say they don't like his work. Yet the whole thirty year old Harry in an eleven year old body perving over a ten year old tends to detract from the quality of a story somewhat. It takes nothing form the plot, yet it adds a sense of wrongness that just makes it unreadable.

15. japanese_jew

japanese_jew High Inquisitor

The way I saw this, this was for the best Alternate fiction, not for the most Alternate fiction. Correct me if I'm wrong. I personally thought that Anarkia, Unsung Hero, A Second Chance at Life, and Right or Easy deserved it under those circumstances, since they were the ones that I enjoyed the most. Young Again was decent, but I couldn't get past how much the original version irritated me. Oedipus Flower was moderately amusing, but not long enough to give me massive amounts of happiness. I love Nightmares of Futures Past, but the hugfests irritate me too much. "Oh no, Harry, your life is so hard." And the way that he always tells someone that he's from the future? What's up with that? Eh. I could rant for a while. Right or Easy was fun, not too emo, intelligent. Anarkia was a very good powerful!Harry almost A Second Chance at Life knock-off. A Second Chance at Life was brilliant, especially considering the different kinds of magic that she thought about. String magic? Beautiful. The thought and consideration she put into blood magic? Lovely. The social hierarchy, the kill-offable annoying characters? Practically orgasmic. Unsung Hero was all around fun.

Not open for further replies.