1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Best Time Travel FanFiction

Discussion in 'Award Winners 2006' started by Zevrillion, Dec 26, 2005.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

.........______________________________________________________________________________

..................[​IMG]

.........______________________________________________________________________________

Best Time Travel FanFiction

Winner: Harry Potter, The Future Remapped by Shezza88
    Runner Up: Backwards Compatible by Ruskbyte

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Well, that's my favorite time travel story anyway. Even if it does get a little weird near the end.

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Got my vote for nothing else but that pure "vibe" that Shezza knows how to implement in his works.

Realistically speaking, 'Friend of Foe' and 'Backwards Compatible' have much better plot and characterisation, but they're simply nowhere near as FUN as Future Remapped...

4. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

this was a rip i think... Back to the Future beats out both hands down i think...i demand a recont!

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I can see that. I loved backwards compatible for the idea it used. Future Remapped just goes all assout strange from chapter 50 on for me to take it seriously as a winner, but meh.

6. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Yeh things started gettin a bit to freaky deeky but it didn't change the fact that he wrote an awesome fic! with material that people have nmade clinche koodos to him.

7. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

I agree with the winner and runner-up as much as anything else here. I don't think I'd consider Backwards Compatible really a time-travel story, and Shezza losing his muse and leaving stories unfinished and hanging is a pain. But I don't think there are any good completed time travel stories. There's about a million Harry goes back and teaches his folks starts, but they all seem abandoned. And/or turn crappy, slashy, oh look Ginny goes back too barf. Red Dragons Order's series had a book that went back, but it was part of such a longer storyline, and pro-Draco gets annoying (yes yes I'm hypocritical and redeemed Draco in my trilogy, but at least he's still a whipping boy freak ponce buggering himself).

But Vash pulling for Back to the future? Bleh... that story has some decent ideas but is just too muddled and poorly explained. I'm not sure hardly anyone reading it, really knows what has happened or is happening. And Bella is so much more fun as a psycho bitch than an endearing misunderstood hottie.

8. Antivash

.... dun make fun of me bastard >_< ...

anyway... i agree that psycho!bella IS more fun, i enjoyed this one just as much... I understand it for the most part... and its probably not only the most believible and possible Hellatrix, its the only one ive seen with a reasonable explination for the magicalfamily!lily cliche...

ive got nothing against the wother to really... i liked Future alot really until the last few chapters..... BC I just couldnt get into ... i simply think back to the future was the best of the lot..

9. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

10. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

That's a pretty damn spiffy looking Father. I love the spinning moving eyeball action. I always sort of picture it hovering up and down, like gentle nervous bouncing and floating just behind Harry.

And I wasn't making fun of you Vashy. Just that fic sorta went out the window for me when it suddenly started talking about how a certain timeline failed and rewound and Harry lived it again, and then it talked about how it did that a few times, etc... but never really explained how or why. And it's just unclear on if we're on Harry's first or fiftieth time through this current timeline, etc... Just added a dimension that never got explained and makes all the rest of it muddled. The scenes aboot sweet little thirdie Bella are nice, as are the whole Borgia (or whatever it is, been a while since I read it), dealing with the powerful ancient pureblood etiquette stuff. Ditto on the shadow phoenix Nyx stuff, marked by a magical creature, etc... And Nicholas Flamel. Excellent parts and bits, just there's no glue holding the plot and story together. And there's family ties about his mother's side and his hidden paternal grandmothers side, etc... got confusing too.

That said, I'll make fun of you all I want! Hmm... maybe my story needs a flamboyantly submissive homosexual house elf named Vashy. She could break out in Sade songs and beg to be punished for being naughty. Hmm...

11. Antivash

*oblivates the Sade incident rom nonjon's mind*

... and for that evil houseelf comment im taking away your muggle and mudblood torturing privilages until further notice young man!

12. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I Giovanni acting as the Supreme Court hereby declare all recounts null and void.

George Bu... Errr.... I mean The Future Remapped by Shezza88 wins Florida... I mean the election... No.... Vote.... Yes... Vote.

13. Midknight

Re: Backwards compatible

Excellent work.

14. Dark Lord Shabranigdo

Dark Lord Shabranigdo Fourth Year

Lord Shabranigdo is disspleased. Shezza 88 has withdwarn all of her HArry Potter fanfics. The Future Remapped is no longer available, unless posted on another site. Lord Shabranigdo will sulk, and plot his revenge.

15. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

While a great fic, I don't think Future Remapped quite desreves to be number 1. Should be: 1: Backwards Compatible, 2: Friend or Foe. Seriously, the shit bunnies? But meh, I can see the attractions of it *cough Harry/Lily cough* In all seriousness, it should've been 3rd.

16. Dark Lord Shabranigdo

Dark Lord Shabranigdo Fourth Year

Ah, greeting Master Slytherin. Shabranigdo remembers you. One of my minions, a fool by the name of ferretfriend once contacted you. He( (Shabranigdo) believes that ferretfriend wished you to beta a story. Since his computer has crashed, Shabranigdo sees fit to pass on a message.

Quote: "Hey, sorry I haven't emailed in a while. My computers in the shop, so my friend Shabranigdo (Ha! Friend! Foolish mortal.) agreed to pass on this message. I will most likely abandon the Azkaban! Harry fic I was working on. I probably lost all my data, as the hard drive had to be replaced, so I would have to start all over. Well, maybe. Anyway, srry again for being out of touch." End Quote

AMusing as it is to watch mortals scurry about like ants, Shabranigdo is not a messenger pidgeon. Ferretfriend would do well to remember that.

17. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Lord Ravenclaw would like to slap you, as reading in the third person gives him a headache when combined with typos. Lord Ravenclaw goes rawr.

18. Midknight

Midknight would like to concur with Raven, and add that bumping a 2 month+ old topic is tantamount to volunteering for castration with a rusty spoon, using only an orange juice IV as a pain reliever.

19. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

:growls:

Do I need to get my spatula out?!

Break it up over there! Stop writing in 3rd, as it makes my brain hurt, and hmmm, uh

STOP EATING GUMMIE WORMS!! Worms should be in the GROUND, NOT your mouth!!

20. DGD

DGD Headmaster

*cough*

DIE GINNY DIE would like to mention that when you say things like "foolish mortal" it makes you look like a dumb-ass on the net. Trust me.

DGD also thinks that third person posts should be outlawed for their headache inducing qualities.

DGD believes that bumping a thread this old obviously implies that you have not asked yourself what a Mod would do in they saw said post.

Finally DGD would like to add that Midknight is not squeamish about carrying out the castration punishment.

*cough*

On another note, I don't believe I've congratulated you Shezza, so congrats! Even if it is a little late...

/me takes aspirin. . .

Not open for further replies.