1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Better to Honour by QuoteMyFoot - K+ - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Hashasheen, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Title: Better to Honor
    Author: QuoteMyFoot
    Rating: K+
    Genre: Tragedy/Drama
    DLP Category: Naruto
    Pairing: None
    Summary: Danzo could have been a hero.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5884037/1/

A nice look at one of my favorite characters, looking at a different path he could have taken.

Checked: June 11, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2012
  2. hgf

hgf Fourth Year

It's a nice little one-shot. Well worth the time to read it but it wasn't really anything special. 3,5/5 rounded up to 4 I suppose.

3. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Paints a very flowery picture of what might have happened.

I do appreciate the story though, only because Danzou is one of the most confusing characters in the story. While even many of the villains have had their motivations and histories properly explained so that we could understand them, I still can't figure out if I think of Danzou as a good guy or a bad guy.

It seems he was really honest about trying to defend Konoha in the best way he knew how - even to the extent that he would give his own life to do so - but he also conspired with Konoha's enemies to remove Sarutobi, who was probably the most important figure in the history of the village when it comes down to it.

I just can't reconcile the two sides of Danzou that we see in canon, even though most of the other characters (even villains) make sense when it comes to their motivations.

4. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

Well done. I was worried there was too much sweetness going into this, but the fact that Danzo retained so much of his focus on Konoha superiority that it worked. There wasn't peace with the uchiha, there was violent takeover and regime change.
    3.5 round up to 4/5.

5. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

A "nice, little one-shot" sums this up pretty well. It takes one of the most villified characters in the entire series and, for once, turns him into someone that you can genuinely believe wants the best for Konoha rather than himself. It's a refreshing change from the Danzo who's blamed for half of the world's bad shit in canon or who's always a pain in the ass in fanfiction.

It's worth the quick read for anyone who's got an interest in Danzo, whether you like him or hate him. You probably wouldn't read it more than once though.

3.5/5 rounded up