1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Beyond the Blue Frontier By Evil Riggs - M - Legend of Zelda

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dullahan, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Dullahan

Dullahan Fourth Year

Title: Beyond the Blue Frontier
    Author: Evil Riggs
    Rating: M
    Genre: Adventure/Drama
    Fandom: Legend of Zelda
    Pairings: Unknown
    Summary: Though he must soon embark on a fateful quest in order to defeat Ganon, tonight the new Hero of the Triforce revels in the fruits of his labors. Part III of The Legend of Zelda: Shadow Dawn. Rated M for disrespect, disrobings, and disembowelment.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7490317/1/Beyond_the_Blue_Frontier

Alright, this is the third part in Evil Riggs' Legend of Zelda: Shadow Dawn series. As it is only a chapter in, I don't really have much to say. Writing is firm, no mistakes in grammar or spelling (that I noticed). Characterization continues to be top tier. I am curious what others think, however.
    Thoughts, feelings, flames?

Edit: Thanks NuitTombee

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  2. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

Though slow-moving and heavy on the description, this is definitely one of my favorite stories in the Zelda fandom. Thanks for posting this.

3. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Just to be clear, you are posting Beyond the Blue Frontier by Evil Riggs, not Evil Riggs. It is hardly an inconvenience but please put the link to the actual story, not the author page.

4. ninjacom

ninjacom First Year

I've read the previous two stories in the series and I've really liked them both. The first one was a little meh, but when our protagonist finally reached Hyrule the story kicked into overdrive. Evil Riggs has quite the talent for making the world come alive and especially for writing a believable character in this type of story. I hesitate to call it a self-insert (and I'm pretty sure the author has specifically said that it isn't one), because Linus feels like such a real character. He reacts like an actual person would when he's dropped into a strange world and for that, I have to give him props.

I'm curious to see how Linus is going to breach the topic of the true identity of the inner councilwith his allies in the Hyrulean Court. That's the main hook for me at this point.

In any case, going by his previous stories, Beyond the Blue Frontier looks to be more quality stuff!

I'm gonna hold off on actually rating this for now, but if it continues at the same level of quality, it'll be an easy 5/5.