1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Blade and Soul

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Lungs, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    All the outfits are so lewd.

My download rates were something like 2.5 mb average. Once in a while it stalled and told me that the files couldn't be downloaded, but hitting update again fixed it.

I had to switch over to public DNS.

2. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've changed my mind, the game is a horrible grinder. 16 Blackram runs, only one Blight weapon I need drops, and it gets stolen by a higher level cause I didn't have enough money. Three hours of grinding this dungeon and I want to delete my character. That's some top percent bad rng.

I guess I was abnormally lucky on my BM.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You have to pay for dungeon drops? What the shit is that?

4. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Been playing for around a week. Bounced around between characters before finally settling on the KFM.

I'm really not impressed.

The game is gorgeous, I'll give it that. The gameplay is alright, but nothing to write home about. The areas that you level through feel more like quick, "here, look at this different place for an hour or two." tours, rather than a zone that I'm "adventuring" in.

My biggest gripe is the item overload.

"If you get two viridian life coins, you can turn them into a faction contribution point, which if you collect twenty of them can be turned into a prestige point, and if you have enough prestige points you can get 12 blighted-horned-unification spirit points which you need to upgrade your weapon to level 'dark-tainted-special lvl. 5'... but after that you'll need to REALLY work for it, unless you buy one of these special keys in the marketplace."

Most of those were made up, but that's pretty much the way the game works. All the while you have like 30 inventory slots (If you don't sped $$) so you have to constantly manage your inventory.

Overall, it feels fucking dated. We can make better games than this.

No. Wait for Black Desert.

When the loot drops, essentially an auction pops up where players bid on each item. He who bids the highest, gets the item.

5. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's the loot system. When anything blue or better drops, everyone starts bidding. The one who bids the highest, wins, and the money is evenly spread amongst the rest of the party members.

This has some good sided and bad sides. If something drops that you really want and you're rich, you can have it. If you're in a party with a bidding war going on, you'll earn a lot of money. But people can purposefully try to raise the bid so that you end up paying more.

Most of the time stuff is reasonable. If you know the market, you can make quite a bit of profit. If someone bids to a high amount, even if you lose, you make good money. But you can be trolled pretty hard. Eventually, people who outbid you end up giving you enough money to outbid the next person who tries that, so even if you won't get it the first time, you'll get it soon afterwards.

As long as it fucking drops.

6. Gwyll

Gwyll Sixth Year

Anyone playing on Wild Springs server ? I have an an assassin around level 25, going slow, exploring, looking around.
    Also, the K key is very useful for skills, to learn what they can do.

7. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

For ordinary dungeoning via leveling that system is shit, older players will always win because they will have more currency, but for raiding etc it is a great model.

I use to raid in WoW with that model all the time, made a fortune. I didn't even care about the items, I just went along to make money.

At it's heart it eliminates the luck roll, sooner or later you will have enough money to buy the item. Where as with games that rely on a roll system usually someone is being fucked over unless they are in a guild or a well organized premade.

It might sound weird but it's less stressful this way. Even if you lose out on your item, you win and then you have a greater chance of getting it next time. That isn't so with other loot systems, maybe you get lucky, and if you do then all that means is someone else is getting screwed over.

---------- Post automerged at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Going through character creation is a good laugh, you can make some freaky looking shit with their customization.

8. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

The PDKP system's also pretty good because it incentivizes vets to run dungeons with newbies so they can rake in the cash constantly too.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That sounds utterly infuriating, tbh.

10. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Nah. It's the most equally profitable system since everyone walks away with loot.

Newbies get the hard carry from Vets while vets get compensated for their time and are pushed to revisit old areas, keeping content relatively active and alive well past the first rush clear.

11. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Yeah taht's the thing with this game.

The RNG is strong.

As you level up, you need to upgrade your gear, and some of the mats are Bind on Pickup, AND you can only get them from dungeon runs AND they are random.

So you can literally go through a dozen times and never even get your weapon needed to drop.

AND.

Even if it does drop, someone else(even if they arent the right class for it.) can just swoop in and outbid you.

"But you get some mone-"

STFU.

Money doesnt let me upgrade my fucking weapon!

Your best bet, if RNG hates you, is probably to find a guild and have them just run through it with you for however long it takes for RNG to stop fucking with you.

I actualyl broke down and bought some cash shop money just so I can fucking get beyond the fucking deva wheel which kept giving me soul shield pieces and NOT the bloody weapon cases.

Wait until late 20s. Now the enemies drop vendor trash. MORE ITEMS TO CLOG UP YOUR INVENTORY.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  12. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

Well, after some time I now arrived at lvl 48/50 with my KFM.

For the longest time while leveling I found everything to be far too easy, dungeons included. There was virtually nothing that really challenged me until I reached the end content. There, the situation changed drastically though. Instances became demanding, and though a dungeon like Supply Chain is doable, the jump from the previous (non-)difficulty is enormous. But that’s fine. It was a bit jarring at first, but as time goes on it starts to feel great.

The leveling itself doesn’t make any troubles, really. It takes some time, but you can easily coast through to the end content on quests alone. The main quest is voiced, and even though there were some weird plot points, I actually found myself liking the story. (I didn’t expect that, truth be told.) The visual experience is stunning, as is the fighting system. The sheer amount of combinations and attacks, and how everything smoothly transitions is incredible. In that regard, choosing a KFM was the best thing I could’ve done.

Crafting, in essence, seems far too easy and also somewhat useless, at least for my profession (smith). All I do is craft repair tools, nothing else. I would have wished for the system to be more comprehensive, and also to include more options as to what you can craft, and how helpful it will be. Right now, all the necessary gear is either your upgradable HM weapon, or items found in instances. There’s next to no worth to anything I can craft, and the only profession that’s actually necessary to the game seems to be pottery, as they produce the upgrade stones you need.

(Which, right now, go at a steep price. The add-on pushed them out of the 5-6 gold range up to 7-8, which is so expensive my skin crawls just thinking about buying one. Worse, I’m at a point where another upgrade to my HM gear takes up to 5 stones…)

Now, pvp-wise, I somewhat regret taking the KFM, even though the class can be incredible with its stunlock if you know how to play it. Thing is, I don’t. Which makes it all the more problematic that the margin of error for KFM is ridiculously small, in my opinion. It becomes really noticeable in the arena or world-pvp. The stunlock combo is a mix of several different attacks and animation canceling. Apparently I’m unable to do it, no matter how often I try. And yes, I’m rather salty about it. Also, fuck assassins in the ass. There is no greater scourge than that class.

That’s about it for now. Due to the pvp problems I’m considering leveling up another character (probably an assassin). Now that I know the world and what to do, it shouldn’t take nearly as much time to reach the endgame content. (Not that it took much time before; ~2 weeks, give or take a day.)