1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bleach & Fate/stay night

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by magglez, Mar 11, 2016.

1. magglez

magglez First Year

Are there any fics where Shirou dies and becomes a shinigami?

2. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Yes and they are bad.

3. magglez

magglez First Year

no shit. Any worth the time it would take to read them?

4. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

The thing is, Bleach and Fate/Stay Night just aren't that compatible. We essentially know what happens to most people when they die (They return to The Root. They're reincarnated after that, I believe) Those that don't return to The Root are those who become Heroic Spirits and they exist within the Throne of Heroes.

Ghosts and Spirits are also a known phenomena, among the Moonlit World. I'm also pretty sure normal people can see spirits and shit. Magi and the Church just hypnotize them afterwards to make them forget about it.

Bleach...Bleach's Afterlife does not fit in with any of that. Especially considering that the Spirit King is essentially a God and in F/SN the Era of Gods is over. They no longer exist.

I mean, you could still cross them i suppose, but you'd have to change A LOT of things to make them fit.

5. magglez

magglez First Year

I know but if someone can write a Naruto/HP fic that doesn't suck I hoped they could've done the same for those two. oh well

6. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    This might not be the shitty premise of Shirou becoming a Shinigami but maybe you'll get a kick out of this anyway.

Fate/Empty Throne is a Bleach/FSN-UBW fusion where Ichigo is living in Fuyuki, is a mage, and participating in the Holy Grail War. Different Servants for the canon characters as well. Pretty well written with a solid take on the characters. Like the dialogue and the conversations between the characters, I like the Servants, I like the Rin and Ichigo dynamic and I like how the fusion is handled overall.

7. magglez

magglez First Year

Thanks, I'll basically read anything at this point.

8. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

I recall disliking something about Nobu's interactions. I'll give it another shot though.

9. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

I had the same issue--plus some earlier cop-out stuff. Really the character voice is the hardest part, though; granted, they were in a completely different situation, Ichigo and Rin didn't really seem to be themselves. I'm fine with them diverging overtime, but as a starting point?