1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bleach Fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Siflet, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

I don't think I've even heard of a story with Yamamoto as the main character. The best I can do is link you to specific chapters of fics where he plays a prominent role, mostly him kicking ass:

Hell Butterfly, Chapter 43 (Yamamoto vs Halibel/Barragan)

Hogyoku ex Machina, Chapter 11 (Yamamoto vs Ichigo) (He has a bigger role than he usually does in this fic, acting as a sort of mentor for Ichigo)

Hammered Down, Chapter 29

Warning: Each of these links are fairly spoilerific given their point in the story, especially the last one.

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Merged just for the sake of simplicity.

3. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Wow how come no one mentioned After The Fairy Tale Ends? I have to admit, I haven't really read many Bleach fics (mainly due to failing to find good ones every time), but that fic is probably the best I've read so far.

4. Antivash

Having read the first chapter, I have to say you have no taste if this is the best.

In this thread alone, there are a lot better. Hogyoku ex Machina, Weapons, Arrow's Target, Warborn (Which I personally dont like but is better)...

I intend to keep going but the first chapter makes things look dismal and with little hope of improvement.

5. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Case 13 has a bunch of fics I liked but he seems to have stopped writing :/

6. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

He's Fosfor, lol.

7. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

It does get a little better after chapter 10 or so, but it's pretty angsty more or less full-time. It's not horrid, but it's not good either.

8. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fosfor/Case13 never stops writing something if it's still posted on ff.net, he just writes reeeeeeeaaaaallllly slowly. If he quits writing something, he baleets it with a vengeance from all the venues he can get his hands on. It's sort of his thing.

9. Russano

Russano Disappeared

So not only do you want a good bleach fic, of which there are few, but you want one starring Yamamoto? Yeah good luck bro.

10. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Huh I probably need to go back and read everything again.

It's been years since I touched anything Bleach. Maybe my memories are skewed... =S

11. Antivash

If you are referring to the manga, a suggestion: don't. At one time, Naruto was King of Shark Jumping. (And even had jumping sharks). Bleach has no shot past this, into an entirely new (and completely predicted) way. D:

If you want proof, all you need is the last line of the most recent chapter, which was referring to Ichigo:

"My son ...born in the darkness."

Its as if someone summed up all of the fail of Uchiha (Formerly known as Naruto), and put it into a single line. D: I am more than a little annoyed.

12. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

Has he posted anything in the 3 years since his last update on FF.net?

13. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

@Vash, nah I meant Bleach fanfiction.

I quit Bleach manga way before that. Then went on a brief Bleach fanfiction phase, and gave up after unsuccessful attempts at finding anything decent except for "After the Fairy Tale Ends". I think I did read the Hogyoku Ex Machina a tad more recently, and probably just lost my patience with it.

So yeah, probably should go reread them again before saying things like "After the fariy Tale Ends" being good. And try the other fics in this thread too.

On an aside, another one was Veiled Moon - a Sekirei crossover that someone mentioned in the In Flight thread. It had a somewhat decent start, but still feels like it's in the early phases (despite being 188,000 words somehow).

14. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Indeed. In my mind, everything after Aizen was sealed is non-canon. The manga version of anime filler arcs if you would. It's the only thing that makes sense, seeing as it went from "well planned and foreshadowed" to "random fucking insanity".

Also, I'm gonna second the rec on Veiled Moon. It's rather slow (almost 200k words and it's managed to get to Kuusano's winging), but it's quite good otherwise.

15. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    He still rarely posts updates to TheFanfictionForum, plus some other forum that he plays coy with and won't name because it's super secret.

16. Jarsha

Jarsha Seventh Year

As said, most of his stuff is on TFF, though you need an account to get on the board itself. Most of TFF's better stuff can be found here though.

17. Sn0rkack

Sn0rkack Professor

Been looking for a good Bleach story - it's hard. Bout to check out 'Hammered Down' though I'm generally not a fan of stories without certain characters (basically Ichigo or Hitsugaya) in the selection.

I guess I'll recommend a story or two. Already mentioned was 'Frozen Sky' a really well done (and likely discontinued) story around Hitsugaya and his time spent becoming a Captain.

Most of the Bleach stories are guilty pleasures and I'm not sure people will like them, but I'll post the few I feel are worthy.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3924000/1

'Feeling Hollow' is that story where Ichigo and his Hollow are buddy-buddy, but it's done pretty well and isn't just - hey we're friends, now lets kick some shinigami ass! Has a little humor thrown in there too.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5270708/1

Only other story I feel is worth mentioning is 'A Hollowed Existence'. Basic summary is pretty much: Rukia is weak and instead of giving Ichigo the power to become a shinigami she screws up big time and he becomes a Hollow. I think it's awesome cause the author doesn't cut corners and have Ichigo be "the smart Hollow that is really still just Ichigo". In the beginning, Ichigo is pretty much just a Hollow killing machine with no regard for anyone. I'll just say some people might be a little put out by the opening chapter but I loved it. Kinda dark, but not too dark.

18. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

The Day Before Tomorrow is pretty solid. It's a time travel gone wrong fic which is fairly well written (at least I think it is, been a while since I read it)

19. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

@Sn0rkack: If you're a fan of Hitsugaya then the Treading Icy Waters would be ideal for you.

There's also this fic with both Ichigo and Hitsugaya as main characters which I'd recommend in general:

Devil's Smile
    In the depths of Hell, a demon war unfolds. As the violence spreads, Ichigo and the Shinigami come under attack by forces spawned in Hell's darkness. Allying with mysterious demon hunters, Ichigo and Toshiro must turn the tide of war or face annihilation.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
  20. Sn0rkack

Sn0rkack Professor

^ Gonna check out 'Treading Icy Waters' right now.

@Mutton that author did 'Feeling Hollow' as well and most of her Bleach stuff is pretty good. That particular fic is ok, but where you said "time travel gone wrong" is spot on and that kind of story doesn't do it for me, but others out there, I would recommend it.

To 'Hammered Down'...I forced my way through the beginning speech which nearly lost me a few times but when Gin finally showed up...oh man. He was spot on. This part right here...this was worth the beginning alone and then some.

"Guess it can't really hurt to let you in on it now. To tell the truth," and he leaned forward, his voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper. "That fella you were talkin' with tonight, the one going on about respect and change and love of duty? The right honorable Yoshi Hitsujikai, ninth seat of squad Seven? He was plotting against us, working to betray Soul Society to the Hollows."

"He was a stinkin' traitor, Rukia-chan."

Water rippled quietly by, and the two shinigami stared at one another.

Against her better judgment, Rukia's brow furrowed, eyes narrowing in obvious mistrust and disbelief.

And Gin gave a bark of laughter.

He slapped his shin, then rested one elbow on his knee and let his chin plop into the open palm, not spilling a drop of his drink. A charming smile graced his features, and the half-hidden eyes sparkled with undisguised amusement.

"I'm just kidding with you. He was okay."

This part was pure lulz. One would need to read the chapter to fully understand this little section, but to those that already have can appreciate the humor of it. My bad if I spoiled something, wasn't my intention and I'm not sure how to use that spoiler thing that makes the text invisible...