1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Blood - BeaconHill - T - Worm

Discussion in 'Worm' started by Dark Belra, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

Title: Blood
    Author: BeaconHill
    Rating: T
    Genre: Sophia POV
    Fandom: Worm
    Summary: Sophia becomes somewhat bored of Emma and starts wanting someone who is a little more of a predator. One night out patrolling as a vigilante, she encounters a new cape by the name of Redstreak who has powers that control blood.
    Link: [1], [2], [3], [4], [4 alt]

This a pretty short story by the same author of Heredity and is a little bit different than the other typical Worm stories which I personally found refreshing. The story is set before Sophia becomes a ward. The story is more or less based around the friendship that Sophia and Redstreak have as it develops. It's basically the length of a long one shot honestly.

Personally, I give it a 4/5 and it certainly gets points for being pretty much one of the very few finished Worm stories. Now, if only Heredity would be finished as well or even updated...

2. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

I really enjoyed this story and loved both ends. It's twisted and I think we can only feel sympathy for the characters in this small glimpse. What I really like about this is that it isn't just about Taylor having an alternate power, it's about characterizations.

4/5 - Sheer enjoyment. -1 for some things that felt contrived.

I do not want to say more for fear of spoilers. I will probably reread to give a more in depth review.

3. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

A story based on Sophia. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Is she as insufferable as she is in canon ? because I detest her in canon.

4. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    This fic does things right. I like it's choice to make it clear the bullying isn't affecting Taylor as much, so her and Sophia's relationship isn't a huge leap. I haven't seen a fic having two endings before like a video game, and it wasn't necessary to label them because the 'bad' ending wasn't much worse than the 'good' ending.

Taylor's kind of OOC, but this fic is fun enough that I don't care.

4/5.

5. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

It is from her POV but it's about Taylor. It makes her a wee bit sympathetic, but mostly the story is a big departure from canon. Read it as an AU. It's short so not much of a commitment.

6. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

I feel like this story makes Sophia more sympathetic. The story starts with Sophia growing bored of the bullying because Emma is so bad at it and grows past it.

7. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It's an interesting story, very fun and engaging to read. I really loved Sophia's voice and her friendship with Redstreak. The writing is solid and it was enjoyable from beginning to both ends.

That said, that wasn't Taylor, that was just another Sophia, really, or a weird hybrid of the two. I guess what disturbed me there, was that we didn't see the development that Taylor underwent from her canon self to this new Sophia-esque persona but rather, Sophia engaged her when she was already mostly like that. As such, it just came across as someone totally else.

However, it was great otherwise. Loved it.

4/5