1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Book] Maze Runner Trilogy

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by joshuafaramir, Jan 24, 2015.

1. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Wanted to see if anybody here has read the trilogy and if it's worth reading. Thanks

2. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It's not bad. A little slow to start and at times, there's a little bit of angst that may or may not be necessary. Character development is very slow, but it fits the story so that's not an issue. overall it was worth the read.

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I read the first book, no desire to read the others. It wasn't bad, just not that great either.
    Links: Amazon & Goodreads

I can't recommend it wholeheartedly, but if the summary sounds like something that would be up your alley it's worth giving it a go.

For those unfamiliar with the books, the first in this YA series features a group of boys trapped in a maze. They stay safe at night and send 'runners' to try and find a way out during the day. The maze is full of dangers.

...and there's more to it than that, but I don't want to give spoilers (or use spoiler tags, if we do apparently have shiny new spoiler options on the forum).

Protip OP: Next time you make a thread like this do us all a favor and provide a summary or blurb or something. I know you are targeting this at people who read it as opposed to people who haven't, but it's nice for people who pop into the thread to have a better idea what it's about. They might think it sounds interesting too.

4. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Dashner and I are fierce enemies!

[​IMG]

He's always a step ahead. That said, his drivel is worth reading. ;)

5. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Once again I find myself asking: If I watched the movie am I missing out by not reading the book?

6. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yeah. I was somewhat disappointed in the movie. But then again, I've only seen one movie that was better than the book, ever.

7. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Ok thanks. Saw the movie and wanted to see if the book was any better. Plus, I've loads of free time and reading is my hobby