1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bourne Identity/Supremacy movies and book

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cupspeaker, May 22, 2006.

1. Cupspeaker

Cupspeaker Looked into the void

I recently downloaded the Bourne Identity from limewire and watched it. I liked the fighting scenes. I downloaded Bourne Supremacy and liked it too but not as much. What about you guys? Anyone read the books?

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I loved Identity, but I though that the camera work on Supremacy was terrible. I think they had decided to go for a wobbly camera to make it look 'artistic' or realistic but in the end all it did was mean you couldn't follow the action sequences as well.

Still, cudos for beating a guy up with a rolled up magazine - not as good as the biro, but still good.

3. Cupspeaker

In Identity I liked the pen thing. It was pretty awesome when the guy jumped out the window. ANd car chases are always good.

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Every action scene in Bourne's Indentity was a masterpiece. It's a shame more films don't have action as realistic as this. Honestly, I'm sick & tired of all the overdone CGI effects and matrix shots they're using these days.

5. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I loved both movies...but I like Supremacy more..."You should get some rest...You look tired." so cool.

6. Cupspeaker

I loved Identity way more because it made much more sense than those idiotic flashbacks.

7. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Both movies were very well done. Identity more so than Supremacy. It was a good change to see some really nice choreography instead of CG stuff.

8. liath

liath Seventh Year

Although, I read the books--and boy, the movies and the books are worlds apart. Both are good, the movies were better, but the plots are completely different.

In the book--oh man, I just tried to explain, and found I couldn't. Just way~ too different. Fundamentally different. The very basis of the books and the movies are different. Like I said, worlds apart.

9. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

The reason why the fight scenes looked real was because the actors went through and actually learned the stuff and then they choreographed it from there. And there is no way you can compare the books to the movie. There was more detail in the books than the movies could possibly hold. But all in all, the movies were very good considering how limited they were in what they could include.

10. Cupspeaker

I am currently reading the third book - ultimatum. I enjoyed the first two books, especially about Carlos the jackal. I was dissapointed that they did not include the jackal in the movies. But then again, the movies can\'t hold too much detail so.... take what you can get and give nothing back.

I was wondering, are there any movies similiar to Bourne? Maybe the matador but that is really a comedy type thing. Anyone know any good assassin movies i can download off limewire?

11. Myst

Myst Headmaster

I would suggest the Minority Report.

and yea both movies were good, I am going to read the books this summer.

12. se7en

se7en Professor

Yes, the book and the movie are WAY different.