1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking News: DLP Has Obtained The Most Magically Powerful Number!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Antivash, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

What's beautiful is that DLP is outlasting so many other HP fan sites.

GinnyPotter (sup Schrodinger), Dark Mark, BBA (sup Rob), and of course, The Reading Consortium (sup Rob).

And here we are, still going strong. <3 you DLP.

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Until reading this thread it never really hit me how many of you are of an age where you joined this site as young to mid-teens and have grown into adults (more or less) while visiting regularly.

I mean, hell, I was... uh, almost 25? When I joined. Bit different than joining at 14-15 say and still being here halfway through college/Uni at 20 or so.

*Raises a glass to DLP* So far so good guys.

3. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

I wish the introduction forum was restated, even for about a week, just in honor of this 7th anniversary. It would be cool to see some newfags mess up like in the old days...ahem...yeah.

4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

... I want to ban you again.

5. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Sree, you're such a PMS-ing cunt.

6. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

[​IMG]

Wait...what?!?

7. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've visited and posted on a whole hell of a lot of fanfiction sites (and forums) over the course of my young-to-full adult life. The number is in the dozens. Eva fanfiction, Naruto Fanfiction, Political Forums, Book Reading Clubs, Sci-Fi Forums, Sports Forums, "Mens" Forums.

DLP (and therefore The Library) are the only places I'd miss some years down the road if they were all to suddenly go offline at once.

Awesome reading material, creative minds, and a variety of peoples from many walks of life, most of whom are my intellectual peers (or even superiors in some cases).

I haven't been posting here long, but I hope to be.

Cheers, DLP.

8. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I haven't slept in a few days, and I had made a long post rambling about everything I'd lurked through over the years, since I first came here in late 2005. But after I was done, I read it, and it was full of what.

So I'll just say cheers, DLP, for growing up with us, but still being awesome.

9. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

Happy birthday DLP, You're the only forum I regularly check up and post on now a days. I've been here for over two years now lurking included and I can't say I regret all that much of it. Actually, I think the Justin Bieber sexual frustration blog was just about the only thing I regret being led to.

Either way, I found my way here due to Shezza and Joe's work and ended up sticking around because of you all. Cheers DLP, I hope you keep going until I'm too old and decrepit to type on the damn keyboard.

10. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Oh the horrid, vile things we had in the beginning. Oh the things. ...I want my childhood back. ;-;

Damn slash fags, I thought we banned you all. Allow me to rectify this.

Also, I dont even give a damn about the content anymore. The only thing I'd sincerely miss about this place... The Inmates. I mean where else are you going to find a lot fo twisted, freakish, insane, hilarious, fun group again?

They were killed for a reason. A reason which you are a part of. Leave it dead. When DLP drops something, we drop it for a reason, not just cause fuck it. Intros. Rep. Original S&P.

I concur with this. >_> Make it so, Mr. Spock.

22. And not a moment of regret, except getting that job towards the end of year two, which kind of killed my writing interest. :<

Aren't you the one with a Loli dressed up like Pedo-Bear as an avatar?! And you call me a pedo. :facepalm

Go fuck a Sheep, Ausfag.

11. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

Happy belated 7th Birthday. I must have used up nearly a year of my life trawling through DLP, my cyberhome. Can't believe I was 19 when I joined.

So I take it there is no chance of reopening the Severitus section of the library then???

12. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

You could start running now, but you still wont escape the ban-snipers. It only makes it more amusing for us.

13. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

First and only Forum that I visit at least 3 times a day without fail.

Thanks for the glorious times you bunch of psychopathic, delusional, and fucking glorious bastards.

14. Legacy

In all seriousness, why did the intros get closed down? I mean I know some of us were utterly retarded in them but I didn't think they were that bad. Hell I think GL was the only one I managed to annoy in mine and that was because I wasn't in front of the computer all the time to answer often.

15. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

16. Legacy

Ah, makes sense.

17. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    DLP is the only forum I've ever really taken part on, and I can't really see myself using any other. I've had a huge amount of fun here, and I've improved as a writer, albeit mostly via osmosis rather than direct intervention. If I'm online, I've usually got DLP open.

Happy Birthday, and here's to many more.

18. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Vash, you sumabitch!

We only fuck sheep on Easte---

Uh, that is, fuck you.

19. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Goddamn, 7 years. Happy Birthday DLP. The first forum I joined, and the only one I am attached to.

Stay Classy, DLP.

20. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Ive ran several other forums for old, old, old games, but this is the first where I found I gave a damn about the users. We play games together, fuck we've had several game servers of our own where other people would come and literally leave for fear of us, lol. I think sometimes the place gets too crazy, but I happily check in when I can, and I wouldn't have it any other way.