1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Klackerz, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Banned

PoE is just some arena/horde mode with raid like boss fight mechanics in later levels. Only lv28 has matchmaking and the others don't while you need to play them for material to level up your gear. HoW exotic gear adds more depth but then weapons feels far more streamlined now. Drop rate is finally at a level it feels acceptable.

I enjoy playing Destiny but it's still a heavily flawed experience depending on people's expectations. Where the game is truly elite is gunplay. I know no other game which comes close to the experience Destiny delivers. Just everything above that level can create the feeling of underdeveloped, misguided or wrong direction.

My biggest issue for months is vault size which HoW only amplified. It feels like I spend more time playing puzzle with the vault than actually playing these days. When HoW dropped I wasted literally hours with 3 characters on leveling packages from fractions and vault management than actually the missions.

2. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

I refused to buy this game when it first came out, and I probably won't for another 2 years or so, given the continual expansions they're making to it.

I don't know why, I just had an irrational hatred of it from the first moment I saw the gameplay.

3. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Banned

Even if you dislike aspects of the game and there are good reasons to do so missing the best gunplay since...well...ever is not an option. Who knows how Destiny 2 will look like. It might even be a complete different gameplay experience.

People joining later missed actual game "history" as there's also a meta/community side to it. From the loot cave chill sessions in the beginning, weapon nerf/buff phases, cheese fixes, RNG frustration, anger at Xur/Bungie and the now nerfed Fallen Wolves chest races were all part of the road and people's weekly Destiny ritual. An experience I would have definitely missed in hindsight but maybe the addiction is talking here.

4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Dunno how you're planning to get the game in one go years later. It'll cost a fortune after so many expos.

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm certain they'll have their 'sequels' include all previous content. I can't see them splitting their community and alienating new players.

Curious to see how they handle it.

6. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    So, this.

Void Archer Hunters, Sith Lord Warlocks and Flaming Thor Titans? All of my yes.

Edit: Also, new raid. Yay, I guess. I'm still nerding over the fire hammer.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  7. Gengar

High Score:
    Sith lightning seems really cool.

They're also boxing it, apparently. So does it just include all previous DLC for the $40? People who've kept playing should probably get a discount.

8. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Reddit is up in arms about it.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    Ofc they are

From Gamespot:

The Hunter is getting a Void subclass titled Nightstalker. Its super move, called the Shadowshot, is an ethereal bow that can tie a group of enemies together using a Void Anchor. This will slow and incapacitate them so that your teammates can mop them up. Nightstalker's new grenade, called a Voidwall grenade, makes a wall of Void Light upon detonation. NIghtstalker Hunters can also throw smoke to blind and disorient enemies. Finally, this subclass gives players an evade move to quickly dodge attacks.

The Titan's subclass, called Sunbreaker, is a Solar moveset. Its super is titled the Hammer of Sol, and lets players summon a flaming hammer to attack with. Sunbreaker Titans get a Thermite grenade which sends fire in a line upon explosion. Its melee is called Sunstrike and is a powerful Solar attack. Finally, the Firekeeper skill lets Hammer of Sol last longer and gives Titans an overshield when they're near Sunspots.

The Warlock's Stormcaller subclass focuses on Arc energy. Its super lets Warlocks fling lightning bolts that chain between enemies. The Storm grenade casts a lightning storm in a radius around its impact, and its Thunderstrike melee attack hits enemies at long range. The Perpetual Recharge skill recharges grenades when you get a melee kill, and melee when you get a grenade kill.

I'm tempted to play again just for Stormcaller. I don't remember if you can build for super quick supers (was that Int?), but I want that.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  10. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Why exactly? Because new players will effectively pay less? That was to be expected when Destiny launched and it looks like Bungie wants to make it the next WoW, so they'll be buying expansions for the next half-decade or more.

11. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    It's not about lowering the overall price, it's mostly about players who already have the game and the expansion not being able to acquire some of the cool stuff sold on this special edition without re-buying both the vanilla game and both expansions.

But sure, the lowered price for new players helps annoy people. It's like Bungie is disrespecting it's loyal fanbase and day-one players to attract new ones.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    That's a stupid argument. It's like saying Sony is disrespecting early adopters when the PS4 gets a price drop.

13. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    *shrug*

Perhaps. It bothers me a little bit, but as I said, the worst offense isn't so much the lowered price as it is Bungie saying "Hahaha if you want those sweet extra features new players are getting by paying way less than you did for the actual game, you'll have to re-buy the game and both expansions so far. Also, fuck you".

14. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Finally caved, it was half price on the store so figured why the fuck not? Will see if it's decent, if not meh. I'm not expecting much anyway.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    lol, we're talking about how new converts are getting a steal when Taken King comes out and you buy it now?

I'll probably buy TK and play for a bit. Some of the QoL changes I've been hearing sound nice.

16. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    What platform you playing on?

17. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

PS4 - Wynter571 if you have it.

Eh, I'm home alone for 6 weeks over uni break, need something to pass the time. Still downloading though so hopefully it'll be ready from tomorrow.

18. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Throw republic21 an invite if you'd like some company. I'm playing witcher these days, but I'll pop in.

19. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Sure, will do :)

20. Gengar

High Score:
    Rep, have they added any in game lfg system yet to find fire teams?